Phyathai #2 Hospital Website Crashes on Opening at 09:00 for new Covid Vaccine Registrations

AJR3RD

15 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

I eventually got onto the site after trying a long time and filled in the form and submitted and got the same message above.

One the one hand it says pre registration, and then says not  accepting responses:

Does this mean I am registered or not?

Probably not.  Same boat here.  If you are registered you will receive a SMS at some point.

Just now, jeffandgop said:

Samitivej is "fully booked" for July free Astra Zeneca and will re-open registration for the next batch in August.

This "new" registration opened up today is for paid Moderna- if and when it arrives and is non-transferrable, etc....

Thanks for the clarification.

The topic here is really meant to be about the FORMER. 

I had a first look at their website today about 7am. It looked normal and surprisingly no link to the registration form at that time.

Then I tried again about 8:30. No link and the website still worked. A fee minutes later their website was not available anymore. After probably at least 100 refreshes I saw the link and then the message that the registration is closed.

I think next time they will think twice if they want to block their whole website for at least an hour, probably a lot longer, with a stunt like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

So you think everything on that site will be hunky dory starting tomorrow, eh?

Truthfully, I think there's a better chance that somebody could HACK into it and steal all our private medical records and personal information. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AJR3RD said:

Truthfully, I think there's a better chance that somebody could HACK into it and steal all our private medical records and personal information. 

Been there, done that already, long ago on the intervac site.

34 minutes ago, AJR3RD said:

Hacking into their website and hacking into their internal computer system are two different things. 99% sure the not working website won't affect their internal IT and private and confidential data.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

Samitivej is "fully booked" for July free Astra Zeneca and will re-open registration for the next batch in August.

This "new" registration opened up today is for paid Moderna- if and when it arrives and is non-transferrable, etc....

I am registered there, have a confirmation number and the warning that they won't be giving AstraZeneca vaccines before September.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thanks 1

Dear Lord, they just added this to their website:

**Remark: The quota of the vaccine is limited (100 persons per day) and only people who provide complete information and receive the SMS will be eligible to receive the vaccine.

100? Before they were vaccinating about 100/hour.

Okay, my g/f JUST completed moderna vaccine registration (for me/foreigner) at Samitivej and paid online (3200THB / 2 dose's), with the appointment details to follow they say in the "next hour".

I feel I have just thrown 3200 baht down the toilet, but time will tell.

Their website (samitivej vaccine registration) is hosted on CloudFlare in the US and she used a vpn and Vivaldi browser, and just hung out on the puter and waited in the queue.

Edited by codemonkey

3 hours ago, AJR3RD said:

No, Lou, I don't either. No more than Jonathan Swift ACTUALLY believed that human babies should be a food source for the populace. It's known as satire. Irony. Exaggeration. It's often used to make a POINT. 

So how come your comment wasn't recognisable as satirical, ironic or exaggerated but incomprehensible?

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

My wife just made contact with the hospital, telling them in strong terms that they should not be offering the AZ vaccine to expats if they were not capable of providing it.  They advised her that there are only 100 slots available to register for each day during their period advertised of 12-16 July.  That's all they got- 500 vaccines- and they seem to find it sensible to open up their website each of the next 5 days for only 100 successful registrations- why not open up all 500 slots until they're filled???

What happened to all the freebees my stupid "P.of.S." American government handed them?

6 hours ago, Why Me said:

Reached the website. But no Google form link. Time: 09:21

I got no Google form link when I used Microsoft Edge but I worked with my other browser Chrome....then the website crashed

Edited by fvw53
typo

3 hours ago, rabas said:

Dear Lord, they just added this to their website:

**Remark: The quota of the vaccine is limited (100 persons per day) and only people who provide complete information and receive the SMS will be eligible to receive the vaccine.

100? Before they were vaccinating about 100/hour.

Wow. I really thought the information the hospital gave on the phone must have been wrong.
So all this for 500 doses. And then these 500 people will get vaccinated on 10 days between July 19 and 30? 
What happened to the 105.000 Astra Zeneca meant for foreigners that just arrived from Japan? ;-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ladprao2019 said:

Wow. I really thought the information the hospital gave on the phone must have been wrong.
So all this for 500 doses. And then these 500 people will get vaccinated on 10 days between July 19 and 30? 
What happened to the 105.000 Astra Zeneca meant for foreigners that just arrived from Japan? ????

It's bizarre.  I just looked again, the remark is still there with an aditional explanation. Looks like they are trying to distance themselves from the authorities (Anutin?)

*Remark: Phyathai 2 Hospital is only serving as a vaccination service center to assist the government in ensuring that the population is inoculated; we are inclined to follow the guidelines set forth by the authorities. The quota of the vaccine is limited to 100 persons per day which the government allocates to us and only people who provide complete information and receive the SMS will be eligible to receive the vaccine.

Translation. 1) Not our fault, 2) we follow govt orders, 3) the govt set this ridiculous number.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

It's bizarre.  I just looked again, the remark is still there with an aditional explanation. Looks like they are trying to distance themselves from the authorities (Anutin?)

*Remark: Phyathai 2 Hospital is only serving as a vaccination service center to assist the government in ensuring that the population is inoculated; we are inclined to follow the guidelines set forth by the authorities. The quota of the vaccine is limited to 100 persons per day which the government allocates to us and only people who provide complete information and receive the SMS will be eligible to receive the vaccine.

Translation. 1) Not our fault, 2) we follow govt orders, 3) the govt set this ridiculous number.

I do believe it's the government's fault, but in any case, that is a shamefully insignificant allocation of vaccines for vulnerable foreigners.

• Like 1

A few things:

The link to the Google form that was used today is:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdKo7L7huPa4mPt2qWDo1IspszwtZ4NqmhYgOMZywx3LbSHRw/viewform?usp=sf_link

It might well be that the same form is used tomorrow, and it might possibly be that the form is open before the link is placed on the website...

As has been mentioned, there are 100 slots available per day.

I can confirm that people were able to make a booking this morning. For the lucky few, they received a confirmation email from Google forms after their application was successfully submitted.

Phyathai2 hospital sent out confirmation SMS messages just after 7pm tonight.

Screenshot_20210712-201935_Messages.jpg.14fd88ed68df5f04557c0e4c68d5df5a.jpg

Please do not turn up at the hospital and try to convince them you are on the list when you are not. In the very first step of the process you will be asked for your passport.

Your passport will be collected and admin staff will check every passport number to ensure you are correctly presenting yourself. If your name is not already in the computer or if it is not your allocated day you will not be issued a queue number. I should point out that at this level the staff cannot enter you into the computerised vaccination system even if they wanted to.

OK,

here's a question about the google form they use.

I did fill it out, but it was rejected because fully booked.

For those that got that far, did you find the structure of their NAME fields kind of odd?

If I recall correctly, the first name field said something like: NAME. (I don't think it said FIRST name)

The second name field under that mentioned surnames and middle names (forget the exact wording).

Well I understand that surname is the same thing as family name and last name but is this possibly a translation error?

For example, suppose your name is

FIRST: BART

MIDDLE: HORATIO

LAST/SURNAME: GIGGLEBOTTOM

Following their field structure, you would then put

FIRST FIELD: BART

SECOND FIELD: HORATIO GIGGLEBOTTOM

But that's a very weird way to request names, isn't it?

Did they make a mistake in the labeling?

Did they really want a more normal structure? 

FIRST FIELD: GIGGLEBOTTOM

SECOND FIELD: BART HORATIO

If we're not inputting it in the way that they expected, our passports won't really match their records, for those that do win the slot lottery.

What d'ya think?

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, rabas said:

BS Phayathai.  So you were directed to publicize your hospital as a registration center for 5 days, from 12-16 July, between the hours of 0900-1200; but at 0900 on the appointed first day and time NOT to post the link to sign up and DO NOT post the link to around 0923?  And then shut the whole damn registration process as soon as, and no later than, when 100 people did register successfully?  You were so inclined in all of your pre-registration publicity NOT TO also announce only 100 vaccines could be subscribed each day for each of the 5 days?  You were directed NOT TO accept/collect ALL the registrations submitted in order to HAVE THAT info in hand when greater amounts of vaccines become available?  You were directed to set up the Google form with, in some cases, only fields with Thai language identifying the information the expat is required to provide (s.a. email address)?  You want to explain how Phayathai Hospital, and the Government, is "ensuring that the population is inoculated" when all of you do nothing and everything to do exactly the opposite?????

Edited by jeffandgop

20 hours ago, codemonkey said:

seems like it's working a few moments ago.

covid-reg-1.jpg

different form to the one I got, no questions on covid, but after summitting i got a message to my email address, saying i should get a sms by the following day,( today)  but the form added a +1 to my phone number, no sms received up to the time of posting this

edit, just got a sms, vaccine appointment made for the 21st

Edited by steve187