"Evil Eye" stone worth 350 million baht says owner - but its brought him nothing but bad luck

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It weighs about 700 grams and he reckons it is worth 100,000 baht a carat meaning about 350 million baht.

I reckon its worth 150,00 baht a carat, so at 700 grams it comes to 894,488,342 baht and 75 satang.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

ASEAN Now notes that it has been noted in the past that Thais can display superstitious tendencies. 

That has to be the understatement of the century! :cheesy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

god, they really are cute creatures with their claims and superstition, aren't they? LOL

My G/F ( well one of them anyway) firmly believes that I have been sent to the Earth as a cross between Mighty Thor and  Superman, at least that's what she tells me and of course, I believe everything she tells me; about me. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

When Somsak tried to make peace with the stone by lighting joss sticks they didn't work properly further fuelling suggestions that mysterious forces are at work.

Mysterious forces...

Yup, humidity.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

god, they really are cute creatures with their claims and superstition, aren't they? LOL

True enough, but even puppies get tiresome after a while. I have a 4month old right now that's driving me up the wall.

• 2 months later...