Opposition leader urges government to plan for looming shortage of ventilators, oxygen

webfact

ie.jpg

By Erich Parpart

The government should come up with an emergency plan to cope with the looming shortages of ventilators and oxygen tanks, an opposition leader said on Tuesday.

“The rapid increases of new cases and severe cases are leading to higher demands for ventilators and oxygen tanks and these will keep on rising,” said Chaturon Chaisang, former deputy prime minister and former chief strategist of the now-dissolved Thai Raksa Chart Party.

“Even affluent people are already finding it difficult to find them right now so where will the poor people get them from?” he added.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/29775/opposition-leader-urges-government-to-plan-for-looming-shortage-of-ventilators-oxygen/

ti.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“The rapid increases of new cases and severe cases are leading to higher demands for ventilators and oxygen tanks and these will keep on rising,” said Chaturon Chaisang,

Good man , at least one who sees what's coming .

• Like 1

Someone somewhere is going to be quietly stocking up on all the available medical grade oxygen tanks so they can sell them at great profit.

This post might be come across as a little cynical but I am very sure there's warehouses sitting full of the stuff right now waiting for the inevitable shortage.

I won't be surprised if someone's also buying up all those oxygen concentrators which produce it through air extraction as well. I've been seeing facebook adverts for them for a while now.

There's no reason I would ever want to buy an oxygen concentrator, yet it was obviously a targeted advert based on my location.

• Like 1

Everyone is so critical of the government over their Covid handling. It has taken a while but they have finally taken the action which will solve the problem. I have been pushing for this for ages. They made it  illegal to talk on a train. This will fix everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Opposition leader urges government to plan for looming shortage of ventilators, oxygen

Well, maybe look at the grass-roots studies even if you consider them to be anecdotal and consider Ivermectin as a treatment option (African and South American studies by front-line doctors) as being "fake science."  (My TV told me so)
"No no no.  Those doctors are quacks and conspiracy theorists!"

Whatever.  Then perhaps the vents are required, but they also are pretty much a death sentence.  Don't agree?  Link a study.

I mean, look!  The Thai government can push herbal Creat and other herbal medicines as the cure-all and nobody raises an eyebrow.  Mention Ivermectin and you have moneyed interests looking for blood. 

I really don't care.  I have my supply.  I don't care about anyone else.
If you believe with all your heart that a vaccine that doesn't provide immunity will keep you safe - go for it.  If you believe with all your heart that all other options are "fake" - go for it 

But I'm not participating.  I'm taking care of my family. 
***** everyone else who are aligned by ideology, marketing, and propaganda.
I'm not participating in your illusions. 
I support you in your quest to do what you think is best for you.
You on the other hand disparage me in living my own life?  

I'm not my brother's keeper. 
Nor am I your keeper either.
Nor are you mine.  Remember that.

Edited by connda