Phuket officials deny claims unhappy Sandbox tourists have gone home as fake news

webfact

11 minutes ago, schlog said:

It doesn't matter if this tourists are happy.

It matters that phuket is open that deals can be done easy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-13/thailand-uses-phuket-sandbox-to-clinch-a-4-75-billion-deal

To repeat, Money #1 in LOS...Never forget this one thing and u will be fine..(if have said money)

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

I booked sleep with me, 550 baht per night. And there are quite a few more. You'll have to change your source.

Test result guaranteed within 24 hours. So never 2 days.

Are you not a local ?

6 hours ago, The Farang said:

It is a big scam by the government to bring money into the country.  I just got  here today in the Sandbox program.  When I booked my hotel it was like 14,000.  After I booked my plane tickets and was ready to go I was told it is now 22,000 baht because you have to pay for 2 covid tests and a special taxi service to take you 2 km down the road to test.  TBH I am not sure why anyone would come here as a tourist right now (I am here to see family).   You have to pay over priced hotels for 14 days, you cannot leave the island,  2 days out of your stay you are quarantined in your room waiting for covid test results, everything is closed in Phuket and it looks like a ghost town, it rains almost every day all day because of the rainy season.  It sucks when you know you could rent a room for about as low as 500 baht but have to pay tripple.  Lets not forget,  if for some reason you test positive for covid,  you have to pay for another quarantine hotel on top of yours and mind you, insurance will not cover that.

But after 2 weeks you can move on. You knew what you were getting into. But it is disgraceful it's raining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Did they not ask tourists to go home who were in quarantine a few days ago??? 

That's like the infected person that arrived on, l think it was an emirates flight and they sent the 12 people straight back where they came from