"No one is safe until everyone is safe" - Aussie couple highlight foreigners facing vaccine trouble in Thailand

webfact

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are such a princess... there was no baiting involved. Just a genuine question. 

Have you ever tried to get a Yellow Tabien Baan ???? 

At the end of May you started a thread....  if it is possible for you to secure a Yellow Tabien Baan you could now be ‘in the Thai system’ and able to secure a vaccine appointment on Mor Promp.

IF obtaining a Yellow Tabien Baan is impossible for you, then options become a lot more limited. 

But, there are still options, just not in Pattaya.... i.e. registering with MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. 

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

I am a princess?

What are you?

I saw your post before suggesting that some expats facing roadblocks based on nationality really don't want to be vaccinated, just complain.

That was disgusting. 

__

But thanks for the link to MedPark. 

I will post that on the Pattaya thread as many of us are open to chances in Bangkok. 

I want to learn more about that. Timing? Has it worked for anyone yet? Which vaccine?

I just read that MedPark page. It doesn't mention that they actually have any doses. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I would be too.  Sounds terrible.

Got to be one of the most draconian controlling of sheepies places in the world now just seems pitiful.

It can seem a bit much but when you have close to no cases we like to keep it that way. Melbourne has gone into lockdown today for 5 days after less than ten new cases today. Sydney hesitated and fast went up to 100 cases a day and have locked down. If not who knows. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Better to wait till 1000. No. 

We could be like UK and US and accept lots of deaths, but there they got shots fast, so if you don't have a shot it's your fault. The process here of getting shots has been slow so few can be protected. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

My nephew told me that one lady, aged 90 has died in the last 10 months and the country has been locked down, my sister can't even leave the country to visit my mum in the UK. It's totally crazy,and people moan about Thailand! 

Aussies have always been obsessed with "imported" diseases, so their over-reaction to anything COVID is to be expected

but yeah, crazy situation in Australia

7 hours ago, tonray said:

With all due respect, less than a third of all Thai citizens have been vaccinated as of yet

..... and mostly with sinovac which equates to an equivalency of less than a thirtieth

30 minutes ago, Seeall said:

All corupt just want cash... getting worse everywhere....

With reference to a member's post, international students can legally entering Australia on a charter flight. International fee paying students are a major contributor to the Oz economy. They had to go into quarantine on arrival. Unlike Thailand all foreigners in Australia are provided Covid vaccination at no cost.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-30/international-students-arrive-in-australia-coronavirus-nt/12933370

https://www.theage.com.au/national/international-student-losses-set-to-punch-18-billion-hole-in-economy-20210403-p57ga7.html#:~:text=With so many foreign students,drop of almost %2418 billion

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-vaccines

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It can seem a bit much but when you have close to no cases we like to keep it that way. Melbourne has gone into lockdown today for 5 days after less than ten new cases today. Sydney hesitated and fast went up to 100 cases a day and have locked down. If not who knows. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Better to wait till 1000. No. 

We could be like UK and US and accept lots of deaths, but there they got shots fast, so if you don't have a shot it's your fault. The process here of getting shots has been slow so few can be protected. 

completely mad, you people should all be locked up, oh wait LOL

• Haha 2

Good luck to them.

However tourists should not expect to leapfrog the 95% of taxpayers here local and foreign.

Unlike most foreigners here who are from dangerous third world nations they have a forst world passport and the option of free health care in ne of the finest systems in the wolrd my partner worked for Red Cross in NSW and I cannot think of many places outside where you can get such great treament free .

Tourist authority doesn't promote teh racist two tier policies but folks who have visited many times should hardly be surprised.

While foreign media will be dribbled "we are all in it together pratitudes" farangs suffering and Thai first is a kneejerk vote winner for a regime in trouble. In there shoes I'd go NZ which was visa free for Aussies I can understand why any Australia who doesn't need Centrelink or a job prefers life here until the sheep hit the fan. Bet they wish they were French.

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am a princess?

What are you?

I saw your post before suggesting that some expats facing roadblocks based on nationality really don't want to be vaccinated, just complain.

That was disgusting. 

__

But thanks for the link to MedPark. 

I will post that on the Pattaya thread as many of us are open to chances in Bangkok. 

I want to learn more about that. Timing? Has it worked for anyone yet? Which vaccine?

I just read that MedPark page. It doesn't mention that they actually have any doses. 

I would go round all the hospitals in Pattaya and ask them. No effort, no luck. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Me and the guys just chilling out today... Where is that pukka wallah?

11999332-6898417-Britain_imposed_a_system_of_direct_rule_on_Burma_and_maintained_-a-4_1554722115974.jpg

I know we are not allowed to dox em S̶v̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶T̶a̶r̶q̶u̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶T̶i̶d̶d̶l̶e̶r̶,̶M̶a̶b̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶a̶n̶n̶y̶, but a fine foto of the mods, .myself in dhobi at the rear. gong ready for tiffin.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
disguise the cream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Have all Thai nationals on your age/ risk group been vaccinated yet? 

Were all US nationals our age/risk group been vaccinated before Thai nationals residing in the US? 

For all the press that we are supposed to believe, the US actually can not legally discriminate.  And they don't!  All people regardless of ethnicity or ever legal immigration status where all in the same vaccination lines - as it should be!  There was no "Americans First" nonsense like here at the center of the known universe and Buddha's gift to humanity - the Thai race - who must come before all others.

Thais on the other hand can discriminate and do so very openly while disparaging foreigners as slightly sub-human and rather dirty.
"Foreigners right after tramps, the homeless and soi dogs."
it should be a joke, but it's not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Good luck to them.

However tourists should not expect to leapfrog the 95% of taxpayers here local and foreign.

We pay 7.5% tax on all purchases.  Most Thais I know don't pay income tax, only the 7.5% tax on purchases.
So can that <deleted> please.  I'm tired of that absurd prattle that we don't pay taxes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I would go round all the hospitals in Pattaya and ask them. No effort, no luck. 

Dude just stop it.

We have an active community of Pattaya expats doing reports on attempts. If there was a local hospital offering jabs now  to expats by just walking in we would know about it in hours or a day at most. 

But no you would suggest crowds of people exposing themselves to infection risk by running all over town on a wild goose chase just to be told to bug off.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

"Foreigners right after tramps, the homeless and soi dogs."

Foreigners are not after homeless people, they are the same status due to not being registered in the system. The press never said tramps, that was a translation to get more reads, similar to the English language press mistranslating Anutin. 

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well... you still can’t answer the question ??? 

IF it was possible for you to obtain a Tabien Baan, you may have already been vaccinated. 

Many people do spend more time complaining than investigating solutions - its a mindset. 

How many people who are complaining about not being able to get a vaccine have called around 20 different hospitals ???   How many hospitals have you called Jingthing ???

Compare that to how many posters have made more than 20 posts complaining about it ?

-------

I’ve found out the link to the MedPark hotel doing some very quick research.....   how come others filling this forum with complaints have not found the same link ??? the information is out there. 

I hope you have resisted already.... You could then become the source of information you seek. 

Stop baiting me. It's harassment.  Then you insult me with some kind of misogynistic / homophobic slur. Again. Disgusting.

I'm in Pattaya. I don’t know everything in Bangkok. I've been trying very hard to get one if the 500 doses at Phyathai 2 but it's not looking good.

Happily some Pattaya expats have won that vaccine lottery.

MedPark looks like a good option for REGISTRATION but for vaccination not so much. It's unclear if they actually have any doses and if they get them when. But it's a lead and I already posted about it on the Pattaya specific thread even though it is in Bangkok.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Dude just stop it.

We have an active community of Pattaya expats doing reports on attempts. If there was a local hospital offering jabs now  to expats by just walking in we would know about it in hours or a day at most. 

But no you would suggest crowds of people exposing themselves to infection risk by running all over town on a wild goose chase just to be told to bug off.

No, I suggest one person, you, go round all the hospitals. Wear a mask and put that stuff on your hands and you'll be safe. Actually, maybe a bit late, chill out and stay home, I'd bet you will get the vaccine this month or next if you are over 60. One guy mentioned a hospital that you never knew about that gave him a vaccine.   

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, I suggest one person, you, go round all the hospitals. Wear a mask and put that stuff on your hands and you'll be safe. Actually, maybe a bit late, chill out and stay home, I'd bet you will get the vaccine this month or next if you are over 60. One guy mentioned a hospital that you never knew about that gave him a vaccine.   

What are you talking about? Which hospital? In Pattaya? With a passport? 

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF it was possible for you to obtain a Tabien Baan, you may have already been vaccinated. 

Anyone can get one. It's called a yellow house book. Not sure why farang call this item by its Thai name but never a Work Permit by its Thai name.  Reminds me of my good friend who was speaking English on the phone to his heart doctor in Bamrungrad and every time he wanted to say "blood" he said "leuad". 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

You're stating the obvious. We can't get the vaccine even though we're prepared to pay.

Many, all over the World, can't get vaccine before it's their turn, even when prepared to pay.

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

You can use the phone....  

If Pattaya has been exhausted, you can call up every private hospital you can think of in Bangkok ?

Have you called any hospitals in Bangkok ?

I’ve given you a link to the MedPark site....   how did this ‘active community’ not already know this ?

Defeatist attitude - you are putting up your own stumbling blocks. 

Have you ever tried to get a Yellow house book so you can register for the vaccine ? You’ve been avoiding this question ? Why ? 

Is it because its just something you don’t believe you should have to do ?... 

Or, have you tried and have a more legitimate excuse for being ‘outside of the system’ ???

--------

A friend of mine believes he doesn’t need a yellow book, he’s complaining that he can’t get a vaccine. 

I got my vaccine, he is still being stubborn and won’t yet a yellow book.

His Wife just went to the Amphur to ask about the yellow book and they said they don’t know about that. She didn’t push the issue. So thats it, he won’t get vaccinated any time soon. He didn’t have the patience for the flawed Intervac site.

Everything seems like too much effort for him - yet he still complains that he cannot get a vaccine. 

As far as I am concerned he has not helped himself at all. 

Smugness on steroids.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you ever tried to get a Yellow house book so you can register for the vaccine ? You’ve been avoiding this question ? Why ? 

I advise going to the tax office and registering, then you get a Thai ID number, which is the same as people get on their houseboook and pink ID thingy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plus Esse Quam Simultatur said:

I just wonder which part of the world  you are from because in Denmark all are treated equally.

Thais living there  are not told to be last to get the jab. They come in the same age group with the Danes and not treated  as second class citizens like we are being here.

No, we Danes are not treated equal, but we Danes are polite waiting till it's our turn for a jab. The Danish government however had a slightly different priority than the Thai government, and vaccinated old people first, where Thailand vaccinated health staff and essential workers first.

Apart from US and EU, the rest of the world is in deep $hit...in our corner of the world, look at Australia, also very low vaccination numbers. Considering what has been reported about the effectiveness (or lack of) for the vaccines available locally , I don't get why everyone is so stressed out...be anxious about the pandemic, but getting a shot right now with what is available?.... 

3 minutes ago, khunPer said:

No, we Danes are not treated equal, but we Danes are polite waiting till it's our turn for a jab. The Danish government however had a slightly different priority than the Thai government, and vaccinated old people first, where Thailand vaccinated health staff and essential workers first.

Nothing wrong with nations having different priority groups but there is everything wrong with excluding people living in a country based on nationality. Its a human rights issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

My blood is actually boiling about this. They appear to have had no reason to come back to Thailand. If I'm candid, I feel people like this wreck the position of people like me i.e family, job, here in situ at the start of the pandemic i.e. genuine reasons to be here, and in need of vaccine.

Yet here we have two tourists that had apparently NO CAUSE to head on over here DURING THE PANDEMIC, bleating they can't get vaccinated. Rightly or wrongly, it reflects badly on other foreigners.

If the people interviewed are reading this, what is your justification for leaving Australia in during the pandemic?

Maybe it's a bit cold for them in Oz, or they want nicer beaches and cheaper massages. 

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Sad, but true.

How long will foreigners (except migrant workers from neighbouring countries, who are already getting vaccinated), living in Thailand, will have to wait? Until 2023 or 2024? 

Don't be so optimistic!????

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Their employment came to an end in 2019 and they went back to Australia but returned to Thailand again last December on a Special Tourist Visa. 

So they're currently tourists. Tourists aren't eligible for vaccination in many other countries, which makes me think that resident expats would have been more suitable showcases for the government's failure to give foreign residents equal access to vaccines.