Thai PM gives the nod to country being free wi-fi and artificial intelligence hub

webfact

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

He also put his weight behind a 7 year goal, to be completed in 2027, to build human resources in the AI or artificial intelligence sector. 

This is actually a good idea. Knowledge intensive but low initial capital fields like software engineering, data science and machine learning are some of the fields that the government ought to be heavily promoting.

Waaaaay more realistic than booting up a pie in the sky space program.

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Who ever came up with certainly has a sense of humour... His people, when has he ever cared about the people here..... Answer never, also how could he have chaired a meeting? He is supposed to be self isolating.

Thai military's plan for 'Great Firewall' risks Internet competition

Back in 2015 https://www.reuters.com/article/ctech-us-thailand-internet-idCAKCN0S20RN20151008

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Who ever came up with certainly has a sense of humour... His people, when has he ever cared about the people here..... Answer never, also how could he have chaired a meeting? He is supposed to be self isolating.

You weren't supposed to remember that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

This time you are waaayy off!He clearly stated 'His people" but he did not say who they are but

you and i have a pretty good idea i think.

• Like 2

"Thai PM gives the nod to country being free wi-fi and artificial intelligence hub"

Whenever I see yet another hub declaration this is more in line with what I'm thinking:

Thai PM gives the nod to country being free wi-fi and artificial  of intelligence hub

PS. I will hasten to add that this country has lots of smart people but sadly very few of them are in positions of power.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Free WiFi everywhere, those paying are going to see a big

drop in the speeds, unless the Government increase bandwidth

and increase gateways out of Thailand.

regards Worgeordie

But is it everywhere/everybody?

The report seems to indicate education institutions.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai PM gives the nod to country being free wi-fi and artificial intelligence hub

the people will be happy 

some artificial intelligence coming to to take over lol

note - it took them over 6 months to fix the immigration website lol

Edited by smedly
  • Haha 1