COVID Vaccination for Americans

Sheryl

From US Embassy:

COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens - July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here:  https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

To register please click on this link:https://bit.ly/USTHvax2021

To get an appointment, you MUST: 1) pre-register through the above link AND, 2) receive an email confirmation from the Thai government.

Do not show up at the vaccination location without the above two things, or you will be turned away.  

Please Note:  By filling out this form, you acknowledge that your information is going directly to the Thai Government coordinating officials, not the U.S. Embassy.  

This opportunity is available in Bangkok this Sunday only. You will need to make your own travel arrangements to the vaccination site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

Too late….

9ABD7B63-FD41-4EDC-B535-2407DB996801.png

Me too,  missed it...I try to read all the vaccine news  and I never heard about this before...Being that in the USA,  they are Begging people to get the free 'jab'  you might think they would offer  this vaccine service on a on-going basis, as long as people are still coming to apply for it.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, how241 said:

Me too,  missed it...I try to read all the vaccine news  and I never heard about this before...Being that in the USA,  they are Begging people to get the free 'jab'  you might think they would offer  this vaccine service on a on-going basis, as long as people are still coming to apply for it.  

I wonder how many doses were made available.  I’m well under the age group and not included in the at risk groups so I’m OK with people who need it getting it before me.  But the question is, how many over 60s or people with pre-existing conditions are currently being turned away?

• Like 1

For those who missed this, make sure you are registered with the Embassy and you will get these notifications by email

Pretty much every vaccination opportunity, whatever the route, fills up within a very, very shrt tiem since demand so greatly exceeds supply

Hopefully the Embassy will do this again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

For those who missed this, make sure you are registered with the Embassy and you will get these notifications by email

Pretty much every vaccination opportunity, whatever the route, fills up within a very, very shrt tiem since demand so greatly exceeds supply

med park are still taking new bookings i believe - Covid19 Vaccine Expats - MedPark Hospital

i believe 100 jabs were allocated to each country for today, ie USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, India and Austria

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

I just received a confirmation from MedPark. "Your free government allocated vaccine has been confirmed." Wed. August 11th. This is good to know. I wonder which vaccine they will be administering. 

i have read a few threads on med park, and it seems they don't know or are not telling which jab they will use, 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

What did the embassy actually do?

Just curious because it seems the Thai government notified the US embassy that they were providing and  making the jabs available.  The embassy in turn just put out a notice regarding this.

Correct or not?

They negotiated a set aside of vaccination slots for US citizens with the Thai Givt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The Embassy didn't do anything other than post the message - as they clearly stated - this was just an announcement of a Thai offer that arrived via email at 0827 - 30 minutes prior to it being irrelevant so hopefully some were able to take advantage.  

Indeed do register with Embassy and everywhere else that allows and be ready to act quickly.

• Haha 1