Thailand reports another record high new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

To add some clarity to this sad situation, why not add the suicide figures to the covid figures! The MJ team have caused irreparable damage to Thailand and it's future, was anyone held responsibe for the collapse of Thai Airways?  No and there never will be along with these pathetic claims to be ordering vaccines. Good luck people....

Suicides happen its very sad especially when they happen as a result of depression due to lockdown, probably caused by the lack of financial support, its just as sad when they happen due to covid itself, getting statistics of both causes would be useful I agree.

Father commits suicide after daughter dies of Covid

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/father-commits-suicide-after-daughter-dies-of-covid

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In another thread yesterday a few foreign govs did little publicly stunt with Thai gov Offering AZ vaccine to farang that registered Friday night. 

What they did not mention is that there were very few shots per nationality..~100.

Here is pic of SCG Sunday afternoon.

Anyone care to squeeze in? 

image.thumb.png.4044e07a4567caa13a1c95745017f476.png

That's why it's so sensible to get inoculated at a private/public hospital.

Edited by anchadian

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

That's why is so sensible to get inoculated at a private/public hospital.

Was not aware that private hospitals have vaccine available.

My plan is to wait until they do. Yeah that might mean early next year...... hopefully.

My plan is to wait until they do. Yeah that might mean early next year...... hopefully.

Yes, MedPark hospital in Khlong Toei area had vaccines available for foreigners over 60yrs until a few hours ago.

I checked earlier and the registration form was still available online, but alas https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

and I really don’t buy this fear trap that you say the government is setting. I assume that you are aware that the government has been caught decreasing cases by not reporting thousands of prisoner cases in prisons, for weeks on end, and many would say that every day they deliberately keep cases, and deaths, low by not reporting them. Why would they do that if they want to generate fear?

your concept of daily case numbers constituting government control by fear, isn’t born out by facts.

it's because you are not there yet, we went through the same cycle as you are starting now, so I can only tell you with a 12 months lead insight, we all thought that covid daily stats were "re-assuring" and giving us "guidance" but at the end it didn't and now it's clearly documented in Europe by doctors that it was actually increasing anxiety in people.

Eventually responsible European "governments" started to "evade" the stats game, and focused their attention on something else (like medical solutions) and finding support among the population for new solutions. They realized that the fear game was starting to backfire.

Thailand is not there yet, and so aren't you, but let's revisit this thread in a few months, because things are just about to hit the fan

I fear Prayut is going to put his uniform back on. Can a general launch a coupt against himself and his own government? I think this would be a first but I fear something worse than what is already happing is on the cards. Time for another coup in TLOC's.

It can't go on as it's going. Rubber bullets and tear gas today in BKK. Spiralling out of control is now an understatement.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

To add some clarity to this sad situation, why not add the suicide figures to the covid figures! The MJ team have caused irreparable damage to Thailand and it's future, was anyone held responsibe for the collapse of Thai Airways?  No and there never will be along with these pathetic claims to be ordering vaccines. Good luck people....

indeed, that metrics eventually became apparent here in Europe and one was leading reasons for stopping lockdowns early

drinking consumption went up like 25% in a matter of weeks, supermarkets running out of stocks for wine, everyone was having happy hours at 2pm ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

indeed, that metrics eventually became apparent here in Europe and one was leading reasons for stopping lockdowns early

drinking consumption went up like 25% in a matter of weeks, supermarkets running out of stocks for wine, everyone was having happy hours at 2pm ????

One can also say if you don't lock down early and hard you just drag out the misery and all that comes with it. Here is a good example.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

It’s starting to look like tourists on Samui and Phuket will be stranded there for at least the next couple of weeks. Domestic airlines have started to announce cancellation of flights. Please check with your airline or seek other ways to get off the island. Good luck!

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416744831586496513

Oh Snap looks like folks in the Sandbox and the Samui+ locales are going to be stuck like those many tourists were last year. My ex and her family are en-route to Phuket as we speak to do 14 days in the Sandbox before flying up to Udon Thani to check on the family there and the new house build that her new husband is financing.  Looks like they may be stuck in Phuket as well.  They needed to go back by August 5th to the US as our daughter starts High School.  A true ClusterCluck, as I will be unable to see my daughter it appears as she was going to stay here in BKK for a few days.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Those in Phuket who are now able to travel to other provinces will be stranded.  

Doesn't bode well for the 'Sandbox'

It’s starting to look like tourists on Samui and Phuket will be stranded there for at least the next couple of weeks. Domestic airlines have started to announce cancellation of flights. Please check with your airline or seek other ways to get off the island. Good luck!

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416744831586496513

BREAKING: Bangkok Airways has announced the temporary suspension of the Bangkok-Samui route from 21st July 2021 onwards. In addition to that, the airline has postponed some of its domestic routes which were scheduled to resume on the 1st of August 2021 until further notice.

BREAKING: Bangkok Airways has announced the temporary suspension of the Bangkok-Samui route from 21st July 2021 onwards. In addition to that, the airline has postponed some of its domestic routes which were scheduled to resume on the 1st of August 2021 until further

notice.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1416747718538530827

.Image

Edited by anchadian

16 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

One can also say if you don't lock down early and hard you just drag out the misery and all that comes with it. Here is a good example.

the lockdown is the misery, the virus is way ahead of you, you are playing catch up with something that is far more advanced than silly lockdowns

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Some good news for people with Thailand Elite visas, Smart Visas, & people working for BOI companies, they’ve all been contacted about having vaccinations. This notice is for people with Smart Visas. I hear that BOI companies are already getting appointments for their employees.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416665135012143105

Still no priority for the elderly and at risk then? I’m sure I heard them mention that before, must have misheard.

1 minute ago, superal said:

So you have completed your 14 days quarantine in Phuket or Samui and fly back to the hub of Thailand which is Bangkok . From there you want to travel to your final destination by flight or bus but both will be out of service (   I was told by pal whose Thai wife told him that farangs cannot use buses , start today) . So all that is left will be a taxi or maybe train if they are still running .

They will be stranded in Phuket with no airlines flying to Bangkok.  

• Like 1