Thailand reports another record high new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

The Royal Gazette announced on Sunday tightening of Covid-19 measures from Tuesday.

More curbs imposed on dark red provinces from Tuesday

The measures are:

▪︎ People living in dark red provinces (maximum and strictly controlled areas) are not allowed to go outdoors unless necessary.

▪︎ Curfew hours are imposed from 9pm to 4am.

▪︎ Restaurants, shopping malls and convenience stores must be closed from 8pm to 4am.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003394

THAILAND BREAKING. 

A very appropriate headline.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

North East case's has triple in short period of time! Thank you to let all people from BKK to travel all over country! Cant lock donwn little more early?!

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1416657255928262659/photo/3

1058487572_Screenshot2021-07-18at10_15_26.png.c5acee948dd098a1e2ebf1fb6973f80c.png

Looking at Udon Thani over the past week the numbers have been 21, 127, 21, 4, and today 142.  Something is fishy with that type of case numbers, but then maybe I am just becoming suspicious about everything these days, especially with seeing how this inept Government now believes 13 provinces should be shut into homes unless necessary to leave. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Without a stricter lockdown it will be 50000 a day, and 1000 deaths.

I certainly don’t think it is out of the question. I look at the UK and what Alpha did to them before they got serious about lockdowns and vaccinations. I’m hoping 30k and 500 but there is nothing to say that you won’t be right. One thing is for sure, for at least 3 months it won’t be 5k and 50 as it previously was.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looking at Udon Thani over the past week the numbers have been 21, 127, 4, and today 142.  Something is fishy with that type of case numbers, but then maybe I am just becoming suspicious about everything these days, especially with seeing how this inept Government now believes 13 provinces should be shut into homes unless necessary to leave. 

Hope im wrong but i think soon there going to be much infections in Korat,Udon and Khon Kaen. Every place have much people and soon same situation than in BKK . Only little smaler scale! Yes Udon numbers has jump up and down all the time dont know why!

Edited by 2 is 1

45 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 18, 2021) . About 5.2% of the population is fully vaccinated. 10,780,432 (+82,854) people have received the first dose, while 3,443,330 (+10,419) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1416650184688160768

Normally I say pitiful when I see the weekend numbers. Given the steepness of the case count and urgency of the situation, this time I will add disgraceful.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

"Thailand announced a nationwide ban on public gatherings late on Friday, with violators warned they face a maximum penalty of a two-year jail term"

Does this penalty come with a jab? If not it could be a death sentence with the numbers of cases coming from inside the jail system.

4 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Those that refuse a vaccine can croak for all I care.  

In the US they will tie up critical resources before they croak but in Thailand they will just be picked up in bags at home along with the poor bastards that desperately wanted vaccines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Has the media been instructed not to headline any numbers above 10,000?

2 days in a row. No number in headline. So odd. 

yes very curious .. indeed ..  even my thai wife cant find info

15 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hope im wrong but i think soon there going to be much infections in Korat,Udon and Khon Kaen. Every place have much people and soon same situation than in BKK . Only little smaler scale! Yes Udon numbers has jump up and down all the time dont know why!

Well at least in Khon Kaen they are NOTsitting still:

Srinakarin Hospital Open for medical services in Central Department Store starting on July 18

????Ready to open for service ????
????MDKKU service @CentralPlaza Khonkaen ????
????????‍⚕️Medical service unit ????????‍⚕️
Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
Srinakarin Hospital Faculty of Medicine Khon Kaen University
and Central Plaza Khon Kaen
join hands open for service
"Medical service unit Faculty of Medicine Khon Kaen University"
to allow Khon Kaen people and Isan people to access services and facilitate various aspects of Srinakarin Hospital. Faculty of Medicine Khon Kaen University sees a doctor, examines the body, receives medicines, or consults about health issues. It will be easier.

????Officially opened on July 18, 2021
at the ground floor, CentralPlaza Khon Kaen.
For more information, please contact
☎️091-xxxxxxxx

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/7316/    via google translate

817D0DB6-1167-442C-A5FF-12C4E77FA8D4-1447x2048.jpeg

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

In the US they will tie up critical resources before they croak but in Thailand they will just be picked up in bags at home along with the poor bastards that desperately wanted vaccines.

i agree  .. yes sad the usa has to spend resources, but its there own fault just like the idiots who refuse masks vaccination

no sympathy for usa   lots for the PEOPLE of thailand  (not gov)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This is what Delta looks like when it is completely out of control. Yesterday the UK had 54,000. If testing here was on par with the UK then it would be fair to assume so would the infection numbers probably much higher. Now past 400k and rapidly moving toward 500k. Many of us on here said we are watching a disater in the making some time ago. I believe it's here.

A valid comparison between UK and Thailand in that their populations are nearly the same (70M Thailand; 68M UK).  The real numbers here in Thailand would likely beggar one's imagination.

Edited by LarryLEB
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:
5 hours ago, no deal said:

my wife and my son where teste 3 days ago we still waiting for the result!

it took just about 72 hours for the test results for my GF and I to be returned, thankfully negative, but the waiting is not right as it creates stress in istelf.

Why are you being tested? Are not masking? having parties? Are you actually sick?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Choosing?? How does one go about choosing a coup leader?

He, the coup leader, is but one man.A choice was made.A different choice can be made.Every one doesn't get to choose, but those that wield the most power will choose who runs the country.If enough people decide and have the conviction and the courage and gain control of the power they can choose.Definitely not an easy thing to do but choose they have and if they want to choose otherwise they can any time they want.Thailand chooses to have a coup leader to run the country.They might not like the choice (the other choice is a hail of bullets) but they have to live with it or die with it.

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 18, 2021) . About 5.2% of the population is fully vaccinated. 10,780,432 (+82,854) people have received the first dose, while 3,443,330 (+10,419) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1416650184688160768

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 33: 399,908

DAY 34: 93,284 <— Saturday

DAY 35: 100,025 <— Sunday

DAY 36: 338,980

DAY 37: 322,488

DAY 38: 303,036

DAY 39: 289,998

DAY 40: 307,134

DAY 41: 93,273 <— Saturday

TOTAL: 10,123,241 doses

Strange to see such low number for Saturday after all those pictures were posted on social media yesterday of extremely crowded vaccination centres. What went wrong? #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416666730831618050

• Like 2

"The news comes Thailand announced a nationwide ban on public gatherings late on Friday, with violators warned they face a maximum penalty of a two-year jail term or a fine of up to 40,000 baht, or both."

He's getting worried that people don't like him any more! Sorry guys, your protests are a danger to the health of the nation!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Just watched a report from the USA - numbers there are building fast but the most important data I took from it - 97% of those needing medical care are unvaccinated - many who refuse to accept it - go figure 

Right. Many of them claiming they have not been "suckered" in getting vaccinated! ????

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LarryLEB said:

A valid comparison between UK and Thailand in that their populations are nearly the same (70M Thailand; 68M UK).  The real numbers here in Thailand would likely beggar one's imagination.

Where are the deaths, or are they also significantly under reported

28 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Why are you being tested? Are not masking? having parties? Are you actually sick?

If you paid attention to my posts you would see that one of our neighbors in the condo we live in had a housekeeper who came down with covid and our paths crossed in the hallway and stairwell going to the trash receptacle.  We were therefore requested to go be tested by the condo juristic management for which the BMA paid the test cost as part of a track and trace...

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Isan in one week has gone up more than 50%. July 11 968. Today 1,627.

Last month before the construction workers came back to the provinces,  the total numbers P/d were less then 70 !

• Like 1

Another post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

TIMELINE: Chonburi officials inform residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Covid-19 confirmed cases.

List here: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/18/timeline-chonburi-officials-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where are the deaths, or are they also significantly under reported

From the post on Page 1:-

The country reported 11,397 new cases on Sunday, with 101 deaths,