YouTuber CB Media... what's he thinking!??

Sig

Curious what others may think... I used to really enjoy this guys channel. Now he goes and pulls this stunt in front of Thai people struggling to survive through these rough times? 

https://youtu.be/t1S3obIq9vc 

• Like 1

Well, his content, his right to his own script.  Just another in a long line of locals and foreigners who do wasteful things.   I often throw out a lot of food when I don't gauge or time things right...sometimes I'll use a different trashcan on another street because I happen to know the people who forage through my trashcans (for plastic and metal, not for food) and I feel kind of bad throwing out whole roast chickens, expired loafs of bread, etc.   

He tries a bit hard but some  of his stuff is OK.  A bit stupid but just trying to end the bike tour with a bang. 

He did have a different one where he got two kids, one much larger than the other,  to race for a 1000 baht.. tough on the little kid who was doomed to lose but they gave him a few 100.

I prefer this to those who just show off their boring beautiful food and lifestyle, or tour around and do the same boring stuff, or just complain about this and that. 

• Confused 1

When YouTube channels get this big, I think there is a really big problem. You essentially have a foreign worker, obviously working in Thailand, with no work permit. I think if when Thais realize exactly how this works, this will end. Enforcement is so easy, there is no way to hide for these big channels. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sig said:

I have never posted a "topic" before. It won't let me edit the topic. It appears that most people only read the title of the topic and not the post on the topic. I was specifically asking about this video of his...

If I ever post again, I guess I'll include details in the supposed title.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

There are way too many of them now especially in Pattaya seeming to want to be the next You Tube star.  Some getting their channels taken down due to the sexual/inappropriate content trying to attract views.

The CB media guy has a big following worldwide.  I read some where he makes over $100,000 USD a year from his channel.

His content can be interesting at times and he has a background in media.  But sometimes, not so much. 

Not a fan of those on every stream flaunting/using some tattooed girl in a bikini with no personality who cannot even speak English in an attempt to gain likes and subscribers.  Or the ones who say send me your money for this or that charity or cause, and never seem to truly follow through on their promise. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

At least he is not on every stream flaunting/using some tattooed girl in a bikini with no personality who cannot even speak English in an attempt to gain likes and subscribers. 

The guy had hired girls in bikinis and girls from hooters in his last couple of videos. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, recom273 said:

he baby talks his girlfriend (and every other non-native speaker he meets) spelling out each syllable of the simple tense words in slow motion, ff .. why?

Obviously because he just knows that he is so much smarter than everybody else. 

Dunning-Kruger and all that.

53 minutes ago, Sig said:

I have never posted a "topic" before. It won't let me edit the topic. It appears that most people only read the title of the topic and not the post on the topic. I was specifically asking about this video of his...

If I ever post again, I guess I'll include details in the supposed title.

I just "watched" that video. 10 second parts every 3 minutes or so. Yes, that must be the pinnacle of his career. He was always annoying but that tops it.

I like the comments under that video. One writes: "You could have just moved down the beach a few hundred yards and destroyed your fully functioning bike right in front of some homeless thais waiting in line for food....go all the way narcissist"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1