Complete lockdown in two months possible if COVID-19 figures do not improve – DDC

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

if you are living in Thailand, I suggest you get out ASAP if you have the opportunity or the means to

you don't want a European style lockdown like we had,

Really is sound advice.  Take your family on a vacation, get vaccinated and ride this out living a normal life.   The facts are plain to see Thailand's case numbers are about to go sky high.  if they tested more it would already look real grim as if 11,000/day isn't bad enough.  

Government deliver food for 7 million Bangkokians? With army that had sinovac?   Oh boy.   

It's plain to see Thailand won't begin real vaccines until May 2021.  Won't hit 70% until 2023 if the hesitancy levels are like Canada and USA. 

Life pretty normal here in my part of the USA.  But I do worry about the current rise in case numbers and the concerts and community celebrations going on like covid is gone.  Just as the Delta gains momentum. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, djayz said:

Would we be in this situation if the "authorities" had ordered adequate supplies of various vaccinations months ago instead of reporting on an almost daily basis about all the orders they were discussing, ordering, are going to order, are going to sign off on, ad infinitum?! 

Chinese had no vaccines when they locked Wuhan down.

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Opart said, adding that the measures will gradually intensify until the situation is under control.

since there is no chance of vaccines being deployed in any great numbers then if this is what is left then expect it to happen 

It will be the final nail in the coffin for this government...............this is not China

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HampiK said:

What I read from article it's not grab... It will be the government who feed the people....

That's easy to answer!
You only have to look how they managed to give food to the foreign workers. Ohhh sorry I forget they forget to give food to them and this had to be done by some private persons!

Exactly! And just multiply that by a factor of millions, and it would anarchical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pottinger said:

This is a sobering possibility, the main reason being that the Myanmar-Thai border is as porous as a sieve and extremely difficult to plug, even with today's electronic surveillance tools. The COVID situation in Thailand's benighted neighbour is incrementally worse than here, with an almost non-functioning health system, and it shows no sign either of being tackled or any hope of improving in the short or medium term. This is very bad news for Thailand. 

The Delta variant here doesn't need assistance from Delta abroad..it is taking over. quickly anyway.

3 minutes ago, thurien said:

you don't understand the plan: Full Re-opening and Full Lockdown at the same time, this is the state-of-the-art mother of all policies 

Brilliant observation.

Lockdown everywhere but the sandboxes which are theoretically wide open.

But those will close rapidly as well when news gets back of hospital prisons not to mention the escalating covet numbers throughout the nation

Edited by kynikoi

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

And then complete re-opening to domestic and international tourism 60 days after that.

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

And then complete re-opening to domestic and international tourism 60 days after that.

No no no, that will continue, every thing is rosy with our brilliant scheme - - there will be thousands flocking here to soak up our hospitality  and covid if they venture outside their hotel prison. 

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Chinese had no vaccines when they locked Wuhan down.

Seems Thailand doesn't have either after more than a year to get their a rse into gear. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd suggest getting in 2 months of beer now !

And if food delivered to your house is run by the government - I'd stock on tins and dried food immediately 

Got me a bottle of Jameson this evening. ???? just in case. 

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Who mentioned a two month lock down?It says maybe a lock down in two months.

big difference.

And if it happens how long do you anticipate a full lockdown lasting for ?? A week, month, 2 months, 3 months ?? Come on clever chap spread your wisdom ????????????