Complete lockdown in two months possible if COVID-19 figures do not improve – DDC

snoop1130

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Isn't a total lockdown where you can't leave your house for any reason including a school or a job even to get food or water or see a doctor with no exceptions.....   

For how long? What about clinic, hospitals, pharmacy? Exercise? What is the timespan? Who monitors the lockdown? The lockdown police can't be on lockdown? What about medical staff? What about emergency services?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, uptome1946 said:

I should probably start a new topic with this question but I honestly don't know how to do that so I will pose my question here. 

Does anyone know if there exists a country that a Thai citizen can enter and get an mRNA vaccine in a short period of time?

The Thai person in question is 54 years old, female and has been refused an American visa in the past.  This happened at the Chiang Mai US Consulate even though I paid quite a sum of money to a "visa service" which advertises that they can help Thais enter the US.  Every person in the waiting room that day also failed to get a US visa.

I have investigated Hong Kong which allows only a 30 day stay. The quarantine and three weeks between shots rules out that option. 

Guam is out as are most South East Asian countries that I have considered.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Only HK Permanent Residents or SAR passport holders can return to Hong Kong at present.

1 hour ago, bkkbarnstormer said:

The vaccine registration apps were a great success. So ensuring everybody can register to get timely supplies of food and water at home should be no problem?!

Can I have mine ordered by personal shopper at Central Food Hall and delivered at a time that suits my daily schedule, (as I do now)? Just asking.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Doesn't seem to have worked in the UK, they have 5 x the daily Covid cases as here.

Cases, not deaths. The high vaccination rate in UK shows that vaccines are the answer to the Delta variant. Vaccinated people still get Covid, but it mitigates their symptoms and reduces the need for hospitalisation. This is vital to protect the health care system from collapsing, (as it is beginning to do here).

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

For how long? What about clinic, hospitals, pharmacy? Exercise? What is the timespan? Who monitors the lockdown? The lockdown police can't be on lockdown? What about medical staff? What about emergency services?

There are committees being formed to discuss each of these topics ad nauseam. It is unlikely they will co-ordinate.

13 hours ago, kynikoi said:

We have learned something from Wuhan but nevertheless the economy will go down hard.

So many Thai businesses have been forced to support workers for well over a year whether that's small or large amount of monthly wages. Nevertheless with no income that is absolutely lethal to a business. The question that the junta should ask is how long can that go on because it the real and correct answer is not infinitely.

My wife's business, had 8 Workers, 6 have gone back to their homes in Isaan, Factory is closed, we have 2 workers who we support. We pay them half of their salary, pay their rent and buy them food. Wife gets no help from this so called gov. This is common in the Garment Industry now. All the small factories in the area are in the same situation. Not sure how they are coping, so can't comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

Genuinely not sure why so many people are literally desperate for the Covid pathogen, and associated situation, to be worse than it actually is.

Some like to warn of potentially how bad it might get, to motivate action.....rather than waiting until we get there. 'Get worse' is inevitable, doing nothing. unforgivable.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

For those that were here for the flood the local government supplied food to people and it worked.

Asto why wait 2 months. Simple if you lock everyone in how are you going to vaccinate them?

We were here for the infamous floods.

I metre of water throughout the house for months.

Could only get out by rubber dinghy 

No food....Once a few bottles of water. 

What a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

We were here for the infamous floods.

I metre of water throughout the house for months.

Could only get out by rubber dinghy 

No food....Once a few bottles of water. 

What a joke.

And they are going to give home delivery of food to every person in Thailand?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd suggest getting in 2 months of beer now !

And if food delivered to your house is run by the government - I'd stock on tins and dried food immediately 

I'm really tired of eating rive soup. I hope it will be pizza deliveries.

“lockdown”: too late, Delta clearly everywhere worldwide now....

isolate vulnerable only..

cannot be “contained”or “suppressed”  only reduced to winter flu status by western vax & natural/ herd immunity.

cities are hell in any lockdown,congested polluted plague pits / death traps in pandemic.......delightful.....Bangkok / Pattaya / Chiang Mai / Korat expat fanboys won’t move though.......  upcountry farmer types much safer....

3 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

Anyone who can eat the utter rubbish that Americans call food should have no problem at all digesting Thai food. 

Given how much of Thais nutrtion comes from 7-11, can we say the same of Thais? Generalizing about what Americans eat the way you do here is rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am in Pattaya have Tuberculosis and been treated by a local hospital and it is now negative but  I am still very weak underweight and have to continue the meds for another  months.

I had someone help me here but they are no longer available so I want to go back to my house in Sakhon Nakon where I have many friends willing to help me through this.

With the lockdown restricting travel between red zones can anyone suggest how I can overcome them and travel by car with driver asap?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Given how much of Thais nutrtion comes from 7-11, can we say the same of Thais? Generalizing about what Americans eat the way you do here is rubbish.

Lol. Almost all food they sell in Thai 7-11 is produced in Thailand. 

21 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

I am in Pattaya have Tuberculosis and been treated by a local hospital and it is now negative but  I am still very weak underweight and have to continue the meds for another  months.

I had someone help me here but they are no longer available so I want to go back to my house in Sakhon Nakon where I have many friends willing to help me through this.

With the lockdown restricting travel between red zones can anyone suggest how I can overcome them and travel by car with driver asap?

Thanks in advance

A doctors note saying you need to return home in the care of an agency nurse

• Like 1

.....to a point where food and water will be delivered to homes,”

Food and drink organized for millions by whom?
The government is not even able to properly care for the construction workers locked up on the major construction sites.
This government is not even able to operate sensible and internally coordinated communication policies with all the institutions involved. A self-made disaster emerged from additive inability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Re: to a point where food and water will be delivered to homes!

55555 ... Pie in the sky stuff never going to work; not logistical feasible, not sensible, not practical, not effective, not scalable, not financially sustainable, not COVID infectivious secured and not ever going to happen as long as my backside points to the ground. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Maybe the Covid cheerleading squad pays well or something?

Genuinely not sure why so many people are literally desperate for the Covid pathogen, and associated situation, to be worse than it actually is.

If this were twitter I would say its a lot of Chinese bots, here not so sure about bots but a combination of other things. Covid has broken many people, normal rational critical thinkers now believe even after 18 months of this that most people who get Covid will either die or end up on a vent. That is not the case and we have the stats to prove it.

Another thing I would add, again where are the bodies in China? I remember all those videos of people falling down in the streets, doors being welded shut, people under sheets on gurneys in hospitals shaking to death. We now know most of the videos were fake but they did a hell of a job on people in the west.

• Like 2

If want do total lockdown then do it now. Urgently. Or you insane government want first reach a 4 digit no of deaths daily. Why waiting waiting. Delta is not waiting. 
And dam stop all your <deleted> corruption for the vaccines. Your own Thai citizens are diying daily.