Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

These images should make you mad. They should make you upset, they should make you angry, and they should make you want to take action because the time for inaction is over.

Last night, local media showed scenes of people who had passed out and/or died on the streets of Bangkok due to either Covid-19 or because they had been malnourished and without support during the lockdown.  

Their bodies were left on the side of the street for hours.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30216/opinion-prayut-and-his-ministers-have-brought-this-country-to-its-lowest-point/

L4wdCeMW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Horrible, saw those reports on twitter, terrible images coming through of a very desperate and tragic situation in Bangkok

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Wooohooo , new record :intheclub:. Being sarcastic ... thinking about post before on Pattaya they thinking to open in September , and the news they thinking opening in October , TBH i can't really see how they can do but , idk , i never know in Thailand

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

These images should make you mad. They should make you upset, they should make you angry, and they should make you want to take action because the time for inaction is over.

Last night, local media showed scenes of people who had passed out and/or died on the streets of Bangkok due to either Covid-19 or because they had been malnourished and without support during the lockdown.  

Their bodies were left on the side of the street for hours.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30216/opinion-prayut-and-his-ministers-have-brought-this-country-to-its-lowest-point/

L4wdCeMW?format=jpg&name=900x900

And the show goes on

Just now, club said:

AstraZeneca will only be able to deliver 5-6 million doses per month but the plan to inoculate at least 10 million people per month will continue with the help of other vaccines, the government said on Tuesday.   What other vaccines? Sinovac, Thai people are not dumb, many will not take it

You need approximately ten million a month for a year to get herd immunity.

Settle in, it's going to be a long long time till Thailand opens up.  With AZ expect less than promised in the way of numbers.  I am sorry, but we will see it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, worrab said:

Did you not see the appalling pictures and comment from anchadian only a few minutes ago??

I think you'll find this is angry sacasm. I cant speak for @Marvin Haglerbut if you quoted the whole post not cherry picked a few words we could make our own minds up.

8 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

The recent course of the Pandemic in Thailand has made me absolutely convinced that last year the Thais conducted a massive cover up of the real Covid situation in Thailand by testing at one of the lowest rates globally...sometimes there were only 2,000 tests in a country of 70,000,000.

The defence was always that “you would see bodies in the street”, “the morgues would be overflowing”, “it would be all over social media”.

Well right now we are probably at 30,000 cases per day as a bare minimum (in reality). Deaths are probably at 200 per day in reality as a bare minimum. But the hospitals are not overflowing, the morgues are not overflowing and their are not bodies in the streets and social media is not flooded with such stories (I note there are some stories but not flooded with them).

Thailand could of easily had 2,000 or 3,000 cases per day last year and no one would of known about it. The above indicators would t of happened. They are barely happening now even at 30,000 cases per day (probably much higher than that in reality).

• Thanks 2