Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

I cannot agree with this. I am pretty famously not at all afraid of Covid and so don't really feel the need to take a ton of non-mandatory precautions. However because of enforced impositions on my life, I'm unable to eat at restaurants, work in cafes, or go (non-grocery) shopping at malls.

If those things were open, best believe I would be doing them. Ergo, my life is noticeably different under these restrictions.

Yeah lol. I was born and raised in Vancouver. Maybe of interest to you is that my parents immigrated-ish from Malaysia in the early 90s to have kids, so I do have heritage and insight in this part of the world : P.

And this isn’t even their full lockdown. But it is detailed. 5555

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-phase-2-heightened-alert-dining-in-tuition-staycation-15255180

Coup rumor persists as government struggles to contain virus

Coup rumors within political and business circles have reached a crescendo this past week with many claiming that a putsch was imminent due to the worsening economic and Covid-19 situation.

The government has struggled to contain the pandemic with the country reporting more than 5,000 cases per day since June 28 with that number peaking over 10,000 cases per day for the past week.

The third wave, which started in Bangkok and surrounding provinces, has led to 397,612 cases and 3,408 deaths since April 1.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30223/coup-rumor-persists-as-government-struggles-to-contain-virus/

qT6uvG2Q?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by anchadian

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The CCSA is considering closing ten more places and businesses in the dark red zone such as: stadiums, swimming pools, sports fields, exhibition centres, public libraries, museums, child care centres, barbers, beauty salons, public parks and botanical gardens #Thailand

Ah yes, here we go, swimming pools, sports fields and public parks.   Despite not a single infection being attributed to these areas let's get them closed so that people will be forced to exercise/walk in closer proximity to each other than they were before.    Preventing people from exercising increases hospitalisations from those who catch covid as physical inactivity increases the chances of severe illness from covid.   Other than vaccines (which are not available), exercise is just about the best defence we have against this thing.   

If the problem is that the parks are too busy as the gyms are closed then let the the gyms open with reduced capacity.   The more opportunity there is for people to spread out the less chance there is of them infecting each other, and closing parks and gyms does the opposite of that.   The most annoying thing about this kind of policy is that people then start getting angry with other people as there just isn't enough outdoor space.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

According to Khun @NatapanuN

more than 600 foreigners who are aged 60+, have already registered to Other age groups and people living in other areas, will be able to register soon.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417732227484454915

"If you reside in provinces other than the above, please contact provincial health authorities or your provincial hospitals."

Yeah, well done that. Asked at hospitals and they tell me no vaccines. But all the time they were vaccinating Thais only up at Central World. Go onto the provincial medical office website, fill in the online information form, never got a reply. I guess they see the form filled in English and instantly delete it. 

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 36: 338,980

DAY 37: 322,488

DAY 38: 303,036

DAY 39: 289,998

DAY 40: 307,134

DAY 41: 93,273 <— Saturday

DAY 42: 74,834 <— Sunday

DAY 43: 248,648

DAY 44: 257,876

TOTAL: 10,704,599 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417737396498558980

• Thanks 1

most writers have reacted with justifiable outrage to this mindless buumpf,id like to add that testing was never part of the plan so what r the real nos we will never know ,its still absurdly hard to get a free test and if so u must queue aghhhh!dumb and dumber.the vacc roll out,no didnt join covax scheme,criminal negligence charges should be filed.i suggest ramping up oxygen supplies NOW.as for the az vax 6 mill so who supplies the other 4 mill?could it be the one that doesnt work?like throwing snowballs at the sun,send it back get a refund and then buy ones that do work,if no refund coming grab assets.all the people and govts who bought it have been victims of fraud or the corruption of their own govs.many businesses hanging on have or will go now,there must be assistance from the rich the govt and u know who in regards to cash payments to people out of work and business support.the roll out aghhhh where do we start!lets not even start its staring us all in the face .one last thing.EMBASSIES vax your people,get them covered and take some burden off the med services so more thais can get the shots.

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 636 new cases and three more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (106), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (163), and Si Racha (164). The total cases so far is now 17,163 with 7,441 remaining in care #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417641470304034816

And no vaccine  program. No welfare program and no support  program.

How kind of the delivery man.  Probably thought it was a starving human being.

Better get down to Specsavers.

The clip of a food delivery man giving a snack to a hungry elephant went viral on Tuesday, with netizens applauding him for his generosity. #elephants #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://twitter.com/Thenationth/status/1417742340047863808

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think we might just have a different definition of what constitutes a lockdown. I need to operate with freedom, and anything that constrains that irritates the hell out of me. But I realize that most others on here see it differently than I do and have a stricter definition of what a lockdown is.

You tend to stan support Singapore quite a lot. And so do I. But I generally hesitate to say with certainty that what worked there will necessarily work in other cities/countries. The Singapore situation is too unique.

• Like 1

Just now, TheFishman1 said:

I wonder what the true numbers are and I wonder how many in Chiang Mai as far as the real numbers go have the virus TAT

Real is irrelevant. There is a mass epidemic in Thailand caused by a failure of leadership. There is no coherent plan to solve the problem.

The myth about America and COVID-19

Simple math and the almost-worldwide belief that good coronavirus vaccines are in the United States make its current situation mind-boggling. Its population is roughly 4.7 times that of Thailand, but while the latter recorded 11,305 new infections on Tuesday, the American numbers shot past 55,000 at more or less the same moment.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-myth-about-america-and-covid-19/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Cipher said:

I think we might just have a different definition of what constitutes a lockdown. I need to operate with freedom, and anything that constrains that irritates the hell out of me. But I realize that most others on here see it differently than I do and have a stricter definition of what a lockdown is.

You tend to stan support Singapore quite a lot. And so do I. But I generally hesitate to say with certainty that what worked there will necessarily work in other cities/countries. The Singapore situation is too unique.

There is no real definition of what a lockdown is, how long they last or when they are deemed successful. Without economic support, welfare benefits, medical support and vaccination program they are of little use but allow a hapless government to appear to be  doing something. 13 million Australians are locked down with no end in sight and scant benefits to the nation.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ah yes, here we go, swimming pools, sports fields and public parks.   Despite not a single infection being attributed to these areas let's get them closed so that people will be forced to exercise/walk in closer proximity to each other than they were before.    Preventing people from exercising increases hospitalisations from those who catch covid as physical inactivity increases the chances of severe illness from covid.   Other than vaccines (which are not available), exercise is just about the best defence we have against this thing.   

If the problem is that the parks are too busy as the gyms are closed then let the the gyms open with reduced capacity.   The more opportunity there is for people to spread out the less chance there is of them infecting each other, and closing parks and gyms does the opposite of that.   The most annoying thing about this kind of policy is that people then start getting angry with other people as there just isn't enough outdoor space.

I was not aware that public parks were closed. Are you sure?

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Whats the reason for the increase in the prisons? they wasn't testing people before? 20,000 infections a day will happen soon

They like to increase the number of people infected so more people will take the invisible vaccines.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is no real definition of what a lockdown is, how long they last or when they are deemed successful. Without economic support, welfare benefits, medical support and vaccination program they are of little use but allow a hapless government to appear to be  doing something. 13 million Australians are locked down with no end in sight and scant benefits to the nation.

And probably at least as many residents of Thailand (including us?) are in that same boat as well. Stupid lockdowns. ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

I was not aware that public parks were closed. Are you sure?

Public parks are not closed as yet, although being considered for possible closure by the CSSA.

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand is now looking to join COVAX vaccine program and the government has sent a letter to the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations to begin the discussion, the National Vaccine Institute said on Wednesday. #โควิด19วันนี้ #COVAX #วัคซีนโควิด #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1417745435762958336

The head of the National Vaccine has apologized for not getting enough #COVID19 vaccines in time, saying it’s a lengthy process that involves others too. It’s ramping up long-term planning for jabs incl. domestic R&D and also joining #COVAX after all.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1417747643208376322

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Coup rumor persists as government struggles to contain virus

Coup rumors within political and business circles have reached a crescendo this past week with many claiming that a putsch was imminent due to the worsening economic and Covid-19 situation.

The government has struggled to contain the pandemic with the country reporting more than 5,000 cases per day since June 28 with that number peaking over 10,000 cases per day for the past week.

The third wave, which started in Bangkok and surrounding provinces, has led to 397,612 cases and 3,408 deaths since April 1.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30223/coup-rumor-persists-as-government-struggles-to-contain-virus/

qT6uvG2Q?format=jpg&name=900x900

1. If there's a coup, I hope it's quick and bloodless.

2. The PM is prepared: he's still "working from home" - which is in an army barracks - so full of "loyal troops" 

3. Not sure what a new administration could do (other than giving hope) ... but what seens urgent is:

A. actually ordering more quality vaccines, and

B. providing more support for those in hardship.

6 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

The defence was always that “you would see bodies in the street”, “the morgues would be overflowing”, “it would be all over social media”.

Since we're now seeing precisely that, doesn't it demonstrate the government is not capable of orchestrating a grand cover up? It shows that if things were seriously out of control last year, it is reasonable to suppose you would have seen the same sort of reports. Just how many deaths were you supposing got missed last year?

Natural death rate is roughly 1400/day in Thailand. It's easy to miss a smallish number of additional daily deaths (counting in the dozens), without malicious intent - whether it be accidental or incompetence. Several hundred, less so. If current daily deaths were double, even triple, the headline amount, I don't think that's a massive revelation - when actual numbers can double in around two weeks. If you're talking 10x or more, that's what I find implausible.