Thai Government Expects Robotic and Automation Technology to Boost Production Systems

snoop1130

6ee4659b9219ae7b79bb2a285114ae34_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Industry Ministry expects Thailand to become a leader in robotic and automation technology by 2026, following investments in robot-based production systems.

Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit said Thailand is currently in a mid-term development plan, from 2018 to 2021, to develop these technologies in line with the government’s S-curve scheme.

According to the Industry Ministry, Thailand is emphasizing robotics, automation and system integration (SI) development in a move to eventually produce technologies of its own. There are 74 SI-related businesses registered with the Center of Robotic Excellence (CORE) and 25% of factories use automation and robotics technologies.

The ministry believes the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will also encourage many factories to adopt more advanced technology and automation, to avoid crowding at factories. Meanwhile, the Board of Investment is offering 50% corporate income tax reduction, lasting three years, to promote investment in technology upgrades and production efficiency improvements.

nnt.jpg

There are a lot of people without any work , so Thailand wants to introduce

and promote robots and automated technology , that does not make sense

to me ,but I am not Thai. they are only looking in one direction ,first make

sure you have jobs for your people, and not just cheap manual labour  without

prospects. unless you are going to pay them for doing nothing.....

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Industry Ministry expects Thailand to become a leader in robotic and automation technology by 2026,

A leader, another hub.  They must be exhausted after talking so about progress purchasing vaccines.

Sigh.

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

It's a bit late for that!  Most countries are way ahead of them and have been using robotics for a decade or more!

I worked with some system integrators on a robotic application in the US 30 years ago.   Worldwide, there has to be at least a couple dozen big players who have been at it for years and years., such as:

• ABB Ltd.
  •  Mitsubishi
  •  Fanuc Corp.
  •  Yaskawa Electric Corp.
  •  Kawasaki Robotics Inc.
  •  Rockwell Automation Inc.
  • Sony
  • Siemens
  • Seiko Epson
  • Yamaha Motor Co
  • Midea Group
  • DENSO Corp.
  • Zebra Technologies

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The ministry believes the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will also encourage many factories to adopt more advanced technology and automation, to avoid crowding at factories. Meanwhile, the Board of Investment is offering 50% corporate income tax reduction, lasting three years, to promote investment in technology upgrades and production efficiency improvements.

So what will all the unemployed do?

It's definitely the coming thing.

Chap who mended my motorcycle the other day used one of those electric screwdriver gadgets to remove the plastic shroud!

Mind you, he then used a conventional screwdriver and a lump hammer to split a bearing on the steering column!

Personally I doubt if the good minister would recognise a robot if it swayed sinuously through his S curve when it brought him his morning coffee - maybe I shouldn't have watched that old DVD of " Blade runner" again!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, grandpa said:

It's a bit late for that!  Most countries are way ahead of them and have been using robotics for a decade or more!

Yes but, looking at the OP photograph  they will be the world's largest robotic producer of roller conveyor systems. ????