Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Seat belts are the law. Not a personal choice. And why? It reduces medical expenses.

Hopefully, insurance will go up for those who refuse the vaccine. Doesn't make sense for the rest of us to pay for their stupidity.

With your reasoning fat people should pay more insurance premiums, people who ride bicycles should pay higher premiums, and so on. 

You've kept up with the new rules for fed employees and companies with over 100 employees, but somehow Congress won't be forced to vaccinate. 

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

With your reasoning fat people should pay more insurance premiums, people who ride bicycles should pay higher premiums, and so on. 

You've kept up with the new rules for fed employees and companies with over 100 employees, but somehow Congress won't be forced to vaccinate. 

IMHO. Yes. Not taking care of yourself is a personal decision. I take care of myself. Why should I subsidize your medical costs if you don't?

People who drive fast cars or ride motorcycles do pay more for insurance. Been that way for a long time.

Democrats are all vaccinated. It's the nutter republicans who are pushing back. They are setting the bad example and many are following it. Boggles my mind why anyone would trust a politician with their health. Stunning.

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I would tend to agree that lifestyle obesity, tobacco use, drinking alcohol should result in higher medical insurance premiums. Further, treatment for a road accident while drunk and like issues should have higher co-payments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

IMHO. Yes. Not taking care of yourself is a personal decision. I take care of myself. Why should I subsidize your medical costs if you don't?

People who drive fast cars or ride motorcycles do pay more for insurance. Been that way for a long time.

Democrats are all vaccinated. It's the nutter republicans who are pushing back. They are setting the bad example and many are following it. Boggles my mind why anyone would trust a politician with their health. Stunning.

We're talking medical insurance here and I could be a fat slob and pay the same as anyone. My medical insurance provider doesn't care what I drive or how fast I drive. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

We're talking medical insurance here and I could be a fat slob and pay the same as anyone. My medical insurance provider doesn't care what I drive or how fast I drive. 

If you're referring to expat policies, I've noticed questions about smoking and drinking. They must be there for a reason. And pre-existing conditions virtually always aren't covered. If you're not covered for pre-existing conditions, that is, in effect, a way of charging you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you're referring to expat policies, I've noticed questions about smoking and drinking. They must be there for a reason. And pre-existing conditions virtually always aren't covered. If you're not covered for pre-existing conditions, that is, in effect, a way of charging you.

I have blue cross/blue shield and my premium is based on single or family.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Understood. Just saying insurance is sometimes based on lifestyle choices. Smoking will increase your premiums. Unless you lie about it.

Same should be true for the unvaccinated. Again, why should the majority of us who are vaccinated subsidize the nutters? Doesn't make sense.

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Probably the worst risk facing us is that anti vaxxers will become the vector for an immune escape variant which is even more infectious and deadly than the delta variant.

They already are the main source of Delta variant in the US.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seat belts are a personal choice. There's a consequence for not wearing but it is still a choice we have.

Here’s an interesting article about the campaign in one American state against seat belt laws in the mid 1980s. A lot of the same arguments were used then that people use now who are against any government legislation about masks or vaccines.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/627500/massachusetts-radio-host-opposed-seat-belt-law

The two main metrics for judging road deaths are fatalities per 100 million VMT (vehicle miles travelled) and fatalities per 100,000 people. In 1984 when the first state (New York) mandated seat belt use the numbers were 2.57 deaths per 100 Million VMT and 18.77 fatalities per 100,000 people. In 2018 these numbers were much lower: 1.13 deaths per 100 Million VMT and 11.18 fatalities per 100,000 people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chessman said:

Here’s an interesting article about the campaign in one American state against seat belt laws in the mid 1980s. A lot of the same arguments were used then that people use now who are against any government legislation about masks or vaccines.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/627500/massachusetts-radio-host-opposed-seat-belt-law

The two main metrics for judging road deaths are fatalities per 100 million VMT (vehicle miles travelled) and fatalities per 100,000 people. In 1984 when the first state (New York) mandated seat belt use the numbers were 2.57 deaths per 100 Million VMT and 18.77 fatalities per 100,000 people. In 2018 these numbers were much lower: 1.13 deaths per 100 Million VMT and 11.18 fatalities per 100,000 people. 

Sadly, many who are against the vaccine fall for the fake news on social media or the far right news outlets. Or, listen to their politicians who are only interested in getting reelected. Sucks.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:59 AM, placeholder said:

Do you understand that the vast majority of those who die from Covid are unvaccinated? The state of Pennsylvania just released it's latest report and 97% of those who died were unvaccinated. This is in line with other reports. And then there are excess mortality figures. You have a problem with them, too?

but how many unvaccinated people had COVID and had no hospitalization or siginificant symptoms?  Nobody knows since everybody is not tested for COVID.  In addition, how many of those people that died had severe underlying conditions such as Hypertension, obesity, diabetes, etc?  Picking just one statistic is not a good idea and is one of the tenets of fallacious reasoning called "Stacking the argument". 

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sadly, many who are against the vaccine fall for the fake news on social media or the far right news outlets. Or, listen to their politicians who are only interested in getting reelected. Sucks.

Sadly, many who are for the vaccine fall for the fake news on social media or the far right news outlets. Or, listen to their politicians who are only interested in getting reelected. Sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1