Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

She does not suggest that the virus will become less deadly or less infectious, only that we will control it with vaccines just as we control the common cold.

Gee, you mean there's a cold vaccine. I take a little vit c and some other vitamins but no vaccine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

No, she is specifically saying that the virus is going to be just like any of the other coronaviruses that cause the common cold:

"These other coronavirus are causes of the common cold and Gilbert said: “Eventually Sars-CoV-2 will become one of those.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covid-19-will-just-end-up-causing-a-cold-says-oxford-vaccine-creator-sarah-gilbert-npkds93zd#top

She is also saying that the virus will become less lethal, not more, as it mutates:

“We normally see that viruses become less virulent as they circulate more easily and there is no reason to think we will have a more virulent version of Sars-CoV-2,” she said.

And yet he we are with the Delta Strain which is far more virulent than its predecessors in this COVID-19 pandemic.

COVID-19 Delta, piling up the bodies.

An inconvenient fact staring you in the face.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I applaud those with enough conviction not to be vaccinated. If your work environment allows you to choose then I surly don't have a problem with that.

But not enough conviction to go get another job.

So get the shots and continue to join the voices encouraging others not to get the shots.

’I’m all right Jack’ comes to mind.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But not enough conviction to go get another job.

So get the shots and continue to join the voices encouraging others not to get the shots.

’I’m all right Jack’ comes to mind.

joe's handing out covid bucks like candy, jobs will be obsolete soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

33 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not sure why some have such a hatred of people exercising personal choice.

You mean like drinking and driving ? as you admit to doing so. Actually now that i think about it right up your alley as a stupid action. So you say you have no guts and got vaccinated for work while here your so vocal anti vax. 

So are you antivax light ? I mean moan a bit groan a bit post a bit of misinformation but then conform and get vaxxed because otherwise you will lose money ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, robblok said:

You mean like drinking and driving ? as you admit to doing so. Actually now that i think about it right up your alley as a stupid action. So you say you have no guts and got vaccinated for work while here your so vocal anti vax. 

So are you antivax light ? I mean moan a bit groan a bit post a bit of misinformation but then conform and get vaxxed because otherwise you will lose money ?

Man, the other guy really got you worked up ahahahaa. You're all over the place. Yes, I don't believe a vaccine which has just begun to be administered should be deemed safe when we don't know the long term side effects yet. I don't see how a reasonable person can disagree. I'm vaccinating to conform. No entry to my homeland in USA in Nov without vaccine docs, entry back to TL is easier being vaccinated, if I were still working my Fed job it would become mandatory. Just as my anthrax and smallpox and every other vaccine known to modern man was mandatory to work out of the Persian Gulf. It does not alter my annoyance at people who blindly accept what is told them. Give the vaccine a decade or so and we can come to a conclusion perhaps. Or maybe in a decade covid will be nothing more than a common cold. Give me time and I'll try to come up with a witty term for the opposite of what is that antivaccer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Man, the other guy really got you worked up ahahahaa. You're all over the place. Yes, I don't believe a vaccine which has just begun to be administered should be deemed safe when we don't know the long term side effects yet. I don't see how a reasonable person can disagree. I'm vaccinating to conform. No entry to my homeland in USA in Nov without vaccine docs, entry back to TL is easier being vaccinated, if I were still working my Fed job it would become mandatory. Just as my anthrax and smallpox and every other vaccine known to modern man was mandatory to work out of the Persian Gulf. It does not alter my annoyance at people who blindly accept what is told them. Give the vaccine a decade or so and we can come to a conclusion perhaps. Or maybe in a decade covid will be nothing more than a common cold. Give me time and I'll try to come up with a witty term for the opposite of what is that antivaccer. 

Im not worked up the other guy is a clown, does not even check the sources he uses to support his views and twists everything, then when proven wrong he ignores it. Actually on par for antivaxxers.

Ok so your a light version of antivaxers, obviously you don't worry too much about side effects otherwise you would never have been vaccinated. 

I mean what is more stupid then thinking there is a problem with vaccines and taking them anyway. I mean no reasonable man would do that. So either you don't think the problems are that big or your not a reasonable man.

So what is it, your not reasonable because who would take something they consider dangerous just for comforts sake or you think the risks are not that high.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday endorsed booster shots for millions of older or otherwise vulnerable Americans, opening a major new phase in the U.S vaccination drive against COVID-19. CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky signed off on a series of recommendations from a panel of advisers late Thursday. The advisers said boosters should be offered to people 65 and older, nursing home residents and those ages 50 to 64 who have risky underlying health problems. The extra dose would be given once they are at least six months past their last Pfizer shot.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

You wrote "I applaud those with enough conviction not to be vaccinated. " Do you applaud them when their convictions lead to hospitals turning away patients? Maybe if these people you applalud accepted the consequences of their convictions and agreed to die at home and not make others suffer for their convictions, you might have a point. As it stands, they are selfish fools who prove time and time again that they don't have the courage of their convictions. Here's some evidence: 

Hospitals in Alaska struggle to handle a worsening outbreak

Alaska, once a leader in vaccinating its citizens, is now in the throes of its worst coronavirus surge of the pandemic, as the Delta variant rips through the state, swamping hospitals with patients.

As of Thursday, the state was averaging 125 new cases a day for every 100,000 people, more than any other in the nation, according to recent data trends collected by The New York Times...

On Wednesday, the state said it had activated “crisis standards of care,” giving hospitals legal protections for triage decisions that force them to give some patients substandard care.

And this:

Today in Idaho hospitals and COVID-19 (updated 9/23): Patients, ERs, ICUs

"Idaho last week moved into a statewide declaration of “crisis standards of care,” which gives hospitals, nurses and doctors an ethical framework to use scarce resources. At its most extreme, crisis standards offers a scoring system for health care providers to use in determining who gets life-saving care, such as a ventilator.

Almost every person hospitalized with COVID-19 is not fully vaccinated.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2021/09/23/today-in-idaho-hospitals-and-covid-19-patients-er-visits-and-capacity/

The article goes on to say that very few ICU beds are occupied by vaccinated patients.

And This

Alabama has ‘negative’ ICU beds available

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - As of Tuesday, Alabama was out of intensive care unit beds, but the number of inpatients needing ICU treatment continues to increase.

“We’ve never been here before. We are in truly now in uncharted territory in terms of our ICU bed capacity,” said Alabama Hospital Association President Dr. Don Williamson.

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/17/alabama-has-negative-icu-beds-available/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

COVID-19 Delta, piling up the bodies.

Get real man, you're always over exaggerating sh#t and trying to scare people.  

There's a 98% survival rate if you catch this "virus."  And don't go talking about the long-haul side effects because you still don't even know what yours are going to be. 

Half the world is going to stay unvaccinated.

And NO most of will stay unvaccinated even if it means we have to leave the country. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

"We don’t know the long term risks and side effects of the vaccines because..."

Repeatedly discussed in these threads.

Briefly, current vaccines ingredients are similar to those used in past vaccines where side effects became apparent before 2-4 months had passed.

Comparisons to drugs that were taken daily or more frequently over along period of time, months, years; versus, vaccines 1 or 2 (possibly 3) shots taken weeks apart.  So drugs in the body in high concentrations constantly for long periods of time; vaccines single doses weeks apart.

Not really comparable.

Not just that. But there's no proof that any vaccines result in some kind of long term effects somewhere later in time. Whereas we know that many polio patients suddenly weaken and die later in life. And many of those infected with chickenpox later come down with shingles, an extraordinarily painful illness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not just that. But there's no proof that any vaccines result in some kind of long term effects somewhere later in time. Whereas we know that many polio patients suddenly weaken and die later in life. And many of those infected with chickenpox later come down with shingles, an extraordinarily painful illness. 

Good point! 

More the reason to wait before getting the pokey poke. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, lucky2008 said:
3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I think it's because they're scared thinking they made the wrong choice. 

Nope... think again... 

Hatred is a strong term.... I would go with a lack of tolerance for stupidity and selfishness - be it someone who exercises personal choice and drives while drunk, or someone who believes their choice not to vaccinate has no consequences for anyone else.... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... think again... 

Hatred is a strong term.... I would go with a lack of tolerance for stupidity and selfishness - be it someone who exercises personal choice and drives while drunk, or someone who believes their choice not to vaccinate has no consequences for anyone else.... 

Oh, there has been posts calling unvacced murderers, some wish death upon them. If you were to have the statistics of the reason behind getting vaccinated, I'll bet you it's to avoid death and serious illness and not for other's sake. If they were honest.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... think again... 

Are you comparing and unvaccinated person to a drunk driver? 

How is an unvaccinated person a threat I still don't get it? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2