Has Thaksin finally found a way of returning to Thailand ‘through the front door’?

webfact

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Why, he did a far better job than the present clowns

Well, to begin with, 2-3,000 extra judicial killings and also many Muslims murdered in the South...and thats before we even get into the corruption which was at an all time high under his watch...

• Like 1

A post with a trolling reference to Thaksin has been removed, please spell people's names correctly when posting. 

A post with a trolling reference to the Thai court system has been removed.

A post with a trolling reference to the King has been removed.  Do not attempt to go in that direction. 

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Discussing the war on drugs properly is impossible since it involves unmentionable subjects so we cannot really go there. Choosing between Thaksin and the Junta is choosing between one that was elected and someone who cancelled democracy (however imperfect). For me the choice is a no-brainer despite all the faults and apparent corruption of the Thaksin administrations.

Agree about Thanatorn and Future Forward Party. Unfortunately both the old and new(ish) elites see them as a threat (and rightly so) and every coup just undermines any chance of Thailand developing a government interested in anything except protecting their place at the trough.

I see the difference between elected and non elected. But that does not change the facts of his corruption. So I don't see either as a choice. Lets keep it at that.

And yes PTP also fears future forward not just the junta.  So my support goes to them.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was never any restriction for him to come back to Thailand. He has Thai citizenship, he could and can return anytime.

The only thing which holds him back is the fact that he thinks he is above the law. He is not. How many years does he need to understand that simple concept?

No, the only thing which holds him back is he knows he is likely to be arrested or detained.  And even if some sort of protection was offered by the current Junta , I would not trust it if I were him.  His opinions or views on other things are not physically stopping him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BigFun said:

Well, to begin with, 2-3,000 extra judicial killings and also many Muslims murdered in the South...and thats before we even get into the corruption which was at an all time high under his watch...

Fair enough BUT he still did a better job

• Like 2

There was never any restriction for him to come back to Thailand. He has Thai citizenship, he could and can return anytime.

The only thing which holds him back is the fact that he thinks he is above the law. He is not. How many years does he need to understand that simple concept?

And a COE that holds everyone back????

Exactly which part of my 3 line comment don't you understand?

I will repeat my last line in bold and big letters. Maybe that helps you reading it. If you understand it depends your intelligence.

Some people pretend it must be Prayut or Thaksin. No! Those are just two of many options.

Only one option, a replacement of a military govt with another military govt. 

• Like 2

A typical Thai problem: he is not the only one "above the law". If the Thais would follow your "simple concept", the parliament nearly would be empty. And don't let me talk about the Thai bureaucrazy.

Compared to the military regime, Thaksin would be like a light in the end of a tunnel. Believe me, I never have been a Thaksin fan.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I think you need to understand that I don't need you to tell me what I "need" to understand!

Why you asked then?

I sure didn't ask you!   I did not ask him to tell me what he thinks I "need to understand".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are two convicted criminals the best chance?

Are there no competent and honest people in Thailand?

Some people pretend it must be Prayut or Thaksin. No! Those are just two of many options.

Yes there are but one of the best recent prospects got slapped down pretty forcefully after the last election. Anyone who stands a chance of replacing the dinosaurs has a huge target pinned to themselves.

• Thanks 1

Come on then, let's play pretend. You can start by naming some of these blindingly obvious, fine upstanding, public-spirited and selfless harbingers of Thailand's bright new world.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The difference between him and them is that he has a brain, and knows how to use it for the benefit of Thailand.

Are you sure it's not simply a case of Thaksin needing votes to keep him in power, so he just happens to do a few good things for a certain demographic to get their vote, while the current government does not?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pegman said:

At this point he or Yingluck are Thailand's best chance of getting out of this mess. 

I never thought I would end up agreeing with this comment but you are correct.

No doubt bout it.

(Says a lot about Thailand)

• Like 2

Yes

NO!

<deleted> you sound like a sour old apple. Thaksin is a million times better than what they currently have in place and you know it. Stop trying to appease the powers at be. Perhaps you work for this journal who knows but you seem salty at Thaksin and thats ok i'm a newbie i don't know no better.... Anyway, anything is better than what's in place currently and you know it and that's that. Hater

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, djayz said:

While not a huge fan of the Thaksins, the people did "vote" for them. 

Yes, they did vote for him. But that doesn't change anything about the fact that he is a convicted criminal.

He was convicted several times because he broke the law. That has nothing to do with the fact if he was elected of not. An elected criminal is still a criminal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

If tomorrow Taksin comes to replace Prayuth we will dance in the streets like never before because he is still the first choice of the Thais.

We? Are you living somewhere in a red village?

Because a lot of people only want Thaksin back in two possible ways. Going back to jail or in a wooden box. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Why, because of some land and rice deals paling in comparison to what the junta does with the country? Make no mistake, this is still a military regime. One can only dream of the freedoms of expression enjoyed under Thaksin compared to now. Society was vocal and developing. Today everything's killed, imprisoned, ridiculed that's against the chosen few. There is not much left of the Thailand I once respected, enjoyed and loved.

Absolutely spot on. They have destroyed alot of what made Thailand appealing, with their toxic brand of fake puritanism, their lies, their deceit, their larceny, and their inability to even provide a modest quality of life for the masses. 

Make no mistake, all of this will be blamed on Covid. And we have to put the blame squarely on their tiny shoulders. Much degradation was taking place long before Covid, and the degree to which they have bungled every aspect of Covid 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1