Has Thaksin finally found a way of returning to Thailand ‘through the front door’?

webfact

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Your too binary as i said if i have to chose between two evils i rather not choose. I mean what point is there to repeat the cycle again. Best look for an other option.

Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)

"Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)"

you are becoming the proof that line ......???? by promoting the Young billionaire over & over .... nothing against him , may hope  he get his chance ????...... only forget your resistance for Thaksin , as he is and shall stay as a ghost looming over Thailand as to deep in many Thai hart ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

"Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)"

you are becoming the proof that line ......???? by promoting the Young billionaire over & over .... nothing against him , may hope  he get his chance ????...... only forget your resistance for Thaksin , as he is and shall stay as a ghost looming over Thailand as to deep in many Thai hart ....

Why mate ? Thaksin is evil so is Prayut something new is better. Anyway I wont go on discussing this with you its pointless. Your too much in love with Thaksin to see his faults and accept that someone else is better. I agree about Prayut having to go. Just not agree with Thaksin as his replacement. I prefer a better option. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Your too binary as i said if i have to chose between two evils i rather not choose. I mean what point is there to repeat the cycle again. Best look for an other option.

Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)

"Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein) "

See...... you insist ....funny to see it so clear ...????

46 minutes ago, scorecard said:

No thanks, go forward, never backwards.

Yes Khun Thanthorn is a billionaire, that doesn't automatically mean he's corrupt or unethical. Plenty or very wealthy people in the world who are well focused large scale serious philanthropists.

i only referred to the billionaire fact .... nothing about corrupt ....that is your wrong interpretation of my post 

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

"Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein) "

See...... you insist ....funny to see it so clear ...????

Same could be said for your Bromance with Thaksin ???? Do you look at pictures you have hanging on your wall ????

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why mate ? Thaksin is evil so is Prayut something new is better. Anyway I wont go on discussing this with you its pointless. Your too much in love with Thaksin to see his faults and accept that someone else is better. I agree about Prayut having to go. Just not agree with Thaksin as his replacement. I prefer a better option. 

Agreed about pointless ,(in both ways)

as different opinion , my estimation about Thaksin is the overwhelming support for T. & Sister by the millions Thai people .....and it is finally their country and their future ..... we are only the powerless bystanders in that wit an opinion .

don't get a nightmare he arrived / just put it away , his birthday is past , next week it is old news ????

19 hours ago, jvs said:

No i am not assuming that,i remember a number of years a go i saw an interview on television,

i do not remember who said it but it was some one high up the totem pole in the army,

he said some thing like this"governments come and governments go but the army will be her forever"

In a democratic country with a democratic elected government it is the prime minister who is

in the end responsible.

And yes,i know we are in Thailand so normal rules do not apply.

If you consider that the military started the ball rolling in 1932 with a military led takeover, it's not surprising how it still works, and probably why it will always work this way. Why do they even waste time and money electing puppet PMs? Perhaps to fool the people into thinking they have a choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thungrat said:
On 7/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

How about the corruption conviction?

If thats the case all politicians would be in jail.

You're doubting that he was found guilty on a number of corruption charges?   

The only one's facing jail are those charged but, in general, I agree with your comment as it applies to politicians everywhere 

On 7/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, keith101 said:

The only way he should be allowed back is if he goes to jail first .

I don't know much about Thaksin, but are you sure he should go to jail first while the present "there will be no coup" unelected PM despite all his lies and corruption just carries on? At least Thaksin was democratically elected by the Thai people.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

There was never any restriction for him to come back to Thailand. He has Thai citizenship, he could and can return anytime.

The only thing which holds him back is the fact that he thinks he is above the law. He is not. How many years does he need to understand that simple concept?

"he thinks he is above the law."  and the present unelected PM doesn't????

On 7/29/2021 at 12:32 PM, NanLaew said:

Come on then, let's play pretend. You can start by naming some of these blindingly obvious, fine upstanding, public-spirited and selfless harbingers of Thailand's bright new world.

"Are there no competent and honest people in Thailand?" Are there any competent and honest major politicians in any major country in the world?

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Conflicts of interest or abuse of power are both corruption.

Conflict of interest without knowing there is a conflict of interest because there is a law stating you are not in a situation of conflict of interest. Is it corruption?

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thaksin is a convicted criminal, Prayut is not. Spot the difference! 

and why is the unelected PM not a criminal? Maybe not officially, I mean who is there to charge him? I would say it was very criminal to force his way into power with armed soldiers to back him up when he only has a military academy education and no political experience.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and why is the unelected PM not a criminal? Maybe not officially, I mean who is there to charge him? I would say it was very criminal to force his way into power with armed soldiers to back him up when he only has a military academy education and no political experience.

That was Step # 1.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you pay attention last year? Covid was all over the world and Thailand was until December 2020 almost Covid free.

I think we should see the big picture. As far as I know there is no major country anywhere in this world without Covid problems. Some had problems early, some later, some all the time. Obviously the current slow vaccination is a big problem and we should blame the Thai government for this problem. But at the same time we should recognize that Covid could habe been a lot worse than it was and is until now. Look i.e. at the so called first world country UK. There was a time when they had more than 50,000 infected people per day and now they are still over 20,000. And in total they have almost 130,000 Covid death. Did they, as an example, handle Covid so much better than Thailand? 

@OMF, Your "arguments" = defending the lame duck Prayut, made me laughing.

If I have to chose between 2 devils, I chose the one with the better character, that's Thaksin.

You attack Thaksin for killing people. But you negate the Prayuts Covid-killing. Yes, he didn't do it himself, the same as Thaksin. But Prayut had let it happen by doing nothing for whatever reason. That's murdering many, many Thai people.  When you pretend "Thailand was until December 2020 almost Covid free" then you repeat only the words of the regime. WE had here our own experience: the doctors in the hospital have been ordered to shut up and not to report the cases. Therefore: low numbers in the Thai statistics you believe in!

Furthermore, at least at the end of March 2020 everybody with a little brain could recognize the danger of Covid. Later on it was time to order vaccines. Prayut?: no orders, not asking for a membership in Corevac. Would like to order it himself for a "special reason". Before he had a quick visit in China. He didn't tell us about Sinovac orders. But everybody can guess the "thank-You" answer on Prayut's bank accounts. Pfizer and Moderna wouldn't offer a "special money".

A military leader with a monthly salary below 200.000 THB is a BILLIONARE:intheclub:???? ????  That is the answer, why I think so. And you think he has earned this huge amount by  honest working? 5555. Who can be so naive?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you pay attention last year? Covid was all over the world and Thailand was until December 2020 almost Covid free.

I think we should see the big picture. As far as I know there is no major country anywhere in this world without Covid problems. Some had problems early, some later, some all the time. Obviously the current slow vaccination is a big problem and we should blame the Thai government for this problem. But at the same time we should recognize that Covid could habe been a lot worse than it was and is until now. Look i.e. at the so called first world country UK. There was a time when they had more than 50,000 infected people per day and now they are still over 20,000. And in total they have almost 130,000 Covid death. Did they, as an example, handle Covid so much better than Thailand? 

Well everything seems to be opening up now in the UK, and there is no compulsary mask wearing, crowds are getting back into football matches, and as far as I know, there are many more deaths here in Thailand.

So yes, I would say that the UKs handling of the C virus, while not perfect, is much better than Thailands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, jvs said:

No i am not assuming that,i remember a number of years a go i saw an interview on television,

i do not remember who said it but it was some one high up the totem pole in the army,

he said some thing like this"governments come and governments go but the army will be her forever"

In a democratic country with a democratic elected government it is the prime minister who is

in the end responsible.

And yes,i know we are in Thailand so normal rules do not apply.

The problem was Thaksin was a policeman, and took some of the "perks" of the army away from them and gave them to the police.

One I remember is the fuel smuggling operation between Malaysia and Thailand, which led to the refusal of the army to intervene in the Muslim protests in the South, saying 'let the police deal with it'.

In any case, the army believe that they report to a higher authority than a Prime Minister.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thaksin obviously cares.

Like: How much money can I make out of this.

and just how much has this unelected PM made since he forced his way into power in 2014 after saying there will be no coup? How much has he pocketed from this C virus alone from the ASQs, $100,000 insurance scam, the vaccine situation etc, etc?

His offshore and foreign bank accounts must be bulging some.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

To me, where the Thai government went wrong was at Songkran this year.

Last year around Songkran there was a 3 month lockdown with no alcohol sales (<deleted>!) and everything seemed under control, bars and restaurants etc. re-opened. But this year in March they knew there were Covid outbreaks in areas of Bangkok but then did NOT restrict travel during Songkran and those people from Bangkok travelled countrywide, and now we have a problem.

It's like they did it deliberately?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, robblok said:

Its strange that you don't get me.. i dislike Prayut just as much if not more. That is why i don't want either of them in power. Get it.. that one side is bad does not make the other side good especially here. So im sure Prayut liked the 90 day. But you were the one saying farangs like Thaksin.. no farang i ever knew liked the 90 reporting.

Now if future forward its real leader was available in this choice of the three then at least there would be someone who i think is good. But if i have to choose between two evils i rather choose neither.

"no farang i ever knew liked the 90 reporting."  Except the ones who live near their local immigration offices. ????

• Like 1