Thailand reports 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 deaths

webfact

The daily updated map for #Thailand shows every province has at least one #COVID19 case. Two provinces (green) have 1-10 cases, 20 provinces (yellow) have 11-50 cases, 16 provinces (orange) have 51-100 cases and 39 provinces (red) have more than 100 cases.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1420984545524862977

• Thanks 1

MFA spokeswoman promises today that MFA is planning some kind of (yet another!!!) new website to enable vaccine registrations for foreign nationals once eligibility is expanded to ages 18 to 60 sometime in early August.

The appointments will be prioritized for high risk groups first, including Bangkok and adjoining five provinces. Continues to say foreign nationals should able to register at hospitals listed on Intervac website, even though most hospitals there aren't currently open for new registrations.

Also vaguely says there will be vaccinations for foreign nationals this weekend or extending to Monday at McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai....

Screenshot_10.jpg.24e8105f71768ce752c224a234834d1b.jpg

Screenshot of government televised news briefing

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Here’s information on the Petchabun chicken factory. The cases were confirmed over two days, 23rd and 24th July. 3 nearby villages were also locked down. The positive cases were detained in a field hospital at the factory. I guess that is bubble and seal. No mention of second test.

I can look up the daily case numbers for Phetchabun, but it will be laborious. Maybe you can take my word for it that they haven’t been above 100 per day, or check it yourself.

I’m fairly comfortable with saying those 3k cases aren’t in the official daily numbers.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/phetchabun-chicken-processing-plant-sees-over-3000-infections

Easy for me:

Phetchabun daily cases (copied from daily graphics)

22/7    60
23/7    99
24/7    66
25/7    73
26/7    132
27/7    104
28/7    107
29/7    75

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MFA spokeswoman promises today that MFA is planning some kind of new website to enable vaccine registrations for foreign nationals once eligibility is expanded to ages 18 to 60 sometime in early August.

During 19- 28 July 2021, there were 2,633 foreign residents 60 years above registered for vaccination at Central Vaccination Center. Consular Affairs is preparing a pre-registration website for other age groups of foreign residents to be launched.

https://twitter.com/NatapanuN/status/1420721338596007943

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Here’s information on the Petchabun chicken factory. The cases were confirmed over two days, 23rd and 24th July. 3 nearby villages were also locked down. The positive cases were detained in a field hospital at the factory. I guess that is bubble and seal. No mention of second test.

I can look up the daily case numbers for Phetchabun, but it will be laborious. Maybe you can take my word for it that they haven’t been above 100 per day, or check it yourself.

I’m fairly comfortable with saying those 3k cases aren’t in the official daily numbers.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/phetchabun-chicken-processing-plant-sees-over-3000-infections

From BP testing was over 3 days but I am happy to concede the point.

However, I have drifted from my original point that I cannot see Thailand's professional medical establishment faking data. What the government does with numbers in their totals and announcements is a different issue. I do think some people have trouble separating the wrongdoing of the government from good deeds of Thailand's medical establishment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PM Prayut downplays severity of Thailand's COVID-19 situation, claims other countries have it worse

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday (Jul 29) downplayed the COVID-19 situation Thailand, while claiming that other nations are dealing with higher caseloads.

In a special interview held at the Government House, he said: “If we contemplate the transmission in our country, it may seem shocking, given the daily fatalities. I want you to try paying attention to these numbers in our neighbouring countries and others for a change.”

no picture alt text found

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

A picture paints a thousand words.

Sometimes one word is enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At a time Thailand's COVID new case numbers are at/near record highs, government announces today that their televised COVID news briefings will be cut back further to only Mondays and Thursdays starting next week. They previously had been seven days a week, and later cut back to three days a week.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1420989903727251457

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

From BP testing was over 3 days but I am happy to concede the point.

However, I have drifted from my original point that I cannot see Thailand's professional medical establishment faking data. What the government does with numbers in their totals and announcements is a different issue. I do think some people have trouble separating the wrongdoing of the government from good deeds of Thailand's medical establishment. 

Fair enough, it’s just that your original point was in response to my post and I didn’t make any assertion that medical professionals are faking data.

in fact, I would argue the opposite. Medical professionals just do their job. 

Just now, anchadian said:

However, not everyone is happy, as many American ex-pats complain on social media that they feel they are not being taken care of by their home country.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1420990409275150339

Now that the Pfizer doses have finally been delivered, it seems as though the U.S. govt. and the Embassy here are washing their hands of the whole thing, including their own citizens!  ????

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At a time Thailand's COVID new case numbers are at/near record highs, government announces today that their televised COVID news briefings will be cut back further to only Mondays and Thursdays starting next week. They previously had been seven days a week, and later cut back to three days a week.

Spokeswoman adds that the MoPH will continue to post updated COVID documents and statistics, presumably daily, on their various social media platforms.

Seems like they are hunkering down. Probably realize they can’t fight the rising tide and that more or less anything they say to put a positive spin on things, makes them look silly. And they don’t want to say negative things.

Also a tacit acknowledgement that things are bad and likely to worsen. If they had good news they would be announcing it every 5 minutes, just like the Moderna purchase that got replayed over and over.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PM Prayut downplays severity of Thailand's COVID-19 situation, claims other countries have it worse

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday (Jul 29) downplayed the COVID-19 situation Thailand, while claiming that other nations are dealing with higher caseloads.

In a special interview held at the Government House, he said: “If we contemplate the transmission in our country, it may seem shocking, given the daily fatalities. I want you to try paying attention to these numbers in our neighbouring countries and others for a change.”

no picture alt text found

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

Anyone else find the waffling towards the end a little embarrassing?

TIMELINE: #Pattaya and Banglamung informs residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Chonburi confirmed Covid –19 cases

List of places here:

https://tpnnational.com/2021/07/30/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You seem to be the whipping boy for the doomsters. .

Whether you’re an optimist or a realist is neither here or there, as long as it works for you. 

Thank you for self correcting yourself and calling doomsters realists. As for being optomistic I would really like to be but the ones who could give that optimism is the government and unfortunately the are complete and utter morons.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 46: 304,243

DAY 47: 352,879

DAY 48: 128,026 <— Saturday

DAY 49: 90,934 <— Sunday

DAY 50: 138,892 <— public holiday

DAY 51: 327,389

DAY 52: 164,270 <— public holiday

DAY 53: 420,148

TOTAL: 12,910,956 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1420985213220360192

One of the highest daily vaccination numbers yesterday. If they can keep up the increase, maybe they can get to a reasonable run rate.

or, it may be an artifact from yesterday’s low public holiday figure. 555

lets hope it’s the former.

• Thanks 1