New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

While some were caught out with the DOB format i wonder how many were surprised at the nationality drop down placement of British and American,  Emiratis were probably also caught out.

I am guessing the word “ United “ was the cause of the odd placement !!

3D1CE208-CA28-4652-B3D9-C776BE871F22.thumb.png.7ecf5af2138c4ab61ae1d1cef483d660.png

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

...I understood this 'for foreigners only' registration link was to comply with the US donation of Pfizer to Thailand government requiring 20% be reserved for "foreigner...

20% of the donated 1.5 million doses equals 150,000 expats who will be vaccinated form the donated lot. 

That is the same number of estimated US expats living in Thailand right now.  Considering that their tax dollars paid for those donated vaccines, they should be entitled to receive them

HOWEVER...the U.S. has not set that as a requirement that Thai officials must fulfill, which is obvious form the official Thai breakdown of how the vaccines will be distributed, AND the U.S. has imposed no oversight over this.

So, according the the CCSA, only 75,000 foreigners will be vaccinated, and since there are estimated to be 3 million foreigners living in Thailand, the actual number of US expats that will be vaccinated will only be a FRACTION of those 75,000 people!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think the way the chart reads is that each person receives 2 doses since the number of people listed is one-half of the number of doses listed. (except for front line medical workers who are only receive one dose as a "booster" since they already have received two doses of SinoVac back in April.).

Of course that should be kind of distressing to US expats because it's estimated that there are about 150,000 US expats in Thailand right now.  That means that half of of the US expats living in Thailand will NOT be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccines that their tax dollars helped pay for. 

That is shameful and irresponsible of the US, IMO, considering that the Chinese made it a condition that ALL of their citizens living in Thailand be vaccinated in exchange for delivering SinoVac to Thailand, and most of those vaccines were NOT donated, but paid for!

I think the difference in treatment is fundamentally due to how governments view their citizens who live overseas. ????

19 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think the way the chart reads is that each person receives 2 doses since the number of people listed is one-half of the number of doses listed. (except for front line medical workers who are only receive one dose as a "booster" since they already have received two doses of SinoVac back in April.).

Of course that should be kind of distressing to US expats because it's estimated that there are about 150,000 US expats in Thailand right now.  That means that half of of the US expats living in Thailand will NOT be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccines that their tax dollars helped pay for. 

That is shameful and irresponsible of the US, IMO, considering that the Chinese made it a condition that ALL of their citizens living in Thailand be vaccinated in exchange for delivering SinoVac to Thailand, and most of those vaccines were NOT donated, but paid for!

will be a lot more than 75,000, these vaccines are for foreigners of all nationalities not just US

21 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Of course that should be kind of distressing to US expats (whose tax dollars helped pay for these donated vaccines), because it's estimated that there are about 150,000 US expats in Thailand right now.  That means that half of of the US expats living in Thailand will NOT be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccines they helped pay for

I doubt very much the number of American expats in Thailand is 150,000!

9 minutes ago, nottin said:

The first email I used yesterday to try registering came back with the email is invalid error.

After almost 10 hours I did receive the email last night just before 9pm with the link to register! The email came from [email protected] as opposed to [email protected]. So am sure they had a very busy day and late night cleaning up the mess!

I received the same but thought that the support@consular email was due to me signing up for the newsletter from British Embassy Consular Services .

1 minute ago, robert888d said:

I just tried. First question was fill in your email. I put in my correct email about a dozen times and it kept saying in red this is not a valid email. So absolutely useless. Say no more

Suggestions:

When you get the error message about your email, try hitting the refresh page button.  Some have reported success with that.

Email confirmations sent from the site have been extraordinarily slow in coming (hours and hours wait).

If you happen to have a gmail account, you should know that you can add a period to your email address name and it will resolve to your correct address.  This can be used to "fool" the application into thinking you are giving it a new address when in reality you are just giving it your same old address.  For example, if your gmail address is [email protected] you can enter [email protected] (note the period between Your and Name) and it will interpret it as a new address.  You will receive email sent to that account at your normal email because gmail strips extraneous periods from email account addresses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whiteflight said:

So, was Pfizer one of the options?

If referring to MedPark , yes .

But although vaccination slot is confirmed the choice of vaccine is stated as “ Prefers Pfizer “.

Not sure if any further correspondence will be received before vaccination date, am assuming not and the actual vaccine given will be realised at the appointment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nottin said:

The first email I used yesterday to try registering came back with the email is invalid error.

After almost 10 hours I did receive the email last night just before 9pm with the link to register! The email came from [email protected] as opposed to [email protected]. So am sure they had a very busy day and late night cleaning up the mess!

Well spotted!! ????

1 hour ago, gtm2k said:

the "dummies" series are extremely good to get someone instantly going btw, not sure if you've ever read one

Did you miss the part where I said 'first chapter'.  Attention to detail.  Jeez.

I tried yesterday at around noon entering my email, clicked on 'next' and got a red error message. I tried a few minutes later only this time on clicking 'next' a message said that my email address had already been saved. I had a reply this morning which told me to open a website for personal details. I supplied a passport copy PDF and the only section that was a bit messy was 'select nationality'. Ha, the list is not in alphabetical order and 'British' was way down on the list. All done and the new window said that I had successfully registered for first dose. Also that when the appointment date arrives I must confirm within 24 hours. So now, just waiting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, luckyscruff said:

Well went on to register wants passport information ( no problem ) and medical certificate ( well I take pills for Diabetes  , but have no medical certificate for it , so I am stumped ?

I am diabetic, but no longer take meds so don't have much Thai paperwork. I have 3 stents but again before I came here.

I used the header page from Sukumvit hospital check up where I declared pre-existing conditions.

The only Thai document I could have used was the medical I get for my annual extension, but the wife could see no reference to diabetes even though I declared it. If you have one, check it?

If you say no, you may go down the priority so I felt it was better than nothing.

58 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Nice but you didn't answer my questions.

I did answer "no much sense for registering now".

if there is no pfizer in large quantity of some 20-30mln (promised only at the end of year), there is no point registering for it now, when there are other vaccines available now. More likely pfizer will be used initially as a booster, as it will be used now to medics (who had 2x sinovac).

Medics will need probably yet another pfizer (or moderna) booster at the end of the next year.

If you don't register now for any vaccine, you might be left over from the vaccination program. Same for those refusing to take designated vax, or those trying circumnavigate the system by giving wrong info to jump waiting lines.

55 minutes ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

Read my post above your last post, regarding DOB on registration.

It was my experience.

Might be the effect of my web browser. 

Form could have provided a space dimple to enter DOB.

Glad you had a better experience.

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Good if you have one i do but many don't I know people who would not know how to turn one on haha 

The older members (and some of the younger) of my rural family here have never used either a mobile phone (or any other phone) or computer in their lives. They are essentially helpless in the modern world.

What is most distressing is to see these patterns of helplessness & passivity being reproduced in the children with awful schooling & no parental guidance.

Some falangs too, I guess.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Yes but foreigners won’t be allocated any of the donated ones 

And you know that how, exactly? Do you have any proof, any links etc to back up your post?

Of course if it is only your word, (or did a friend tell you), then it isn't worth any more than mine or anybody elses.

• Like 2

For US citizens who managed to prior receive the low efficacy Sinovac etc they are now barred from receiving the Pfizer mRNA vaccine whose taxes funded this donation to Thailand. see attached webpic. The lack of US assurances to guarantee all its expats in Thailand 2 doses of Pfizer is a huge PR mistake with the potential for life and death consequences. How is this fair or right in anyone's book?

Moreover even the Thai gov knows the low efficacy Sinovac allowed 600+ medical workers to get infected and arranged for them to follow up Sinovac vaccinated staff with a booster of Astrazeneca. So if secondary vaccines are good enough for Thai health workers how come it is not for the US citizens/expats that paid for it?

The US gov first obligation should be front line health care workers and its tax paying citizens. Some corrective decision making is needed ASAP where US citizens are guaranteed doses. I mean even France and China managed to carry this out for their expats. US is lagging a distant 3rd.

US citizens blocked from Pfizer-1.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Succeeded in getting my e-mail excepted, when it comes to entering DOB had to go back on their calendar Month by Month for 70 yrs !! then it loaded the date, a month before I was born, I have reloaded multiple times and gone back 70 yrs all-over again, with the same result. ????

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

The first question is to select the type of foreigner ....migrant worker, or on a non O visa. So unless she is a naturalised foreigner and here on a non O visa (and why would any Thai do that), the answer would be no.

Perhaps if we are willing to pay for it? Will ask when we go for mine. 

• Sad 1