New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, david555 said:

That was the only problem i experienced too , i also have 2 middle names , and tried many options ..., finally it worked by only using the first letter of both ending with . and then it was accepted .

maybe depends how our names are registered in the Thai Immigration database 

I inserted George which it accepted, I then deleted him and left the space blank. The green tick remained and I was accepted! 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 5:17 PM, Chris.B said:

That is probably why no one else can get a booking. ☹️

Please read it again, I said I had registered with about 5 places, that means, this new site, British Chambers of Commerce Thailand, The Intervac site which recently included Samithivej Hospital Sriracha, Bangkok Pattaya hospital & Pattaya Memorial hospital.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm registered with 4 or 5 different places now, hopefully one will come good, as for this registration being for only one jab, I don't necessarily believe that, there is absolutely no point in only giving anyone just one dose, we all know that two doses are required except for the Johnson & Johnson version.

Caveat: Fingers crossed ????????

It’s not for “one jab”….just like it says….it’s for your first jab!!

• Like 1

I managed to register successfully and provided a jpeg image of my passport main page ( the photo page only )

I do not have any medical issues so did not provide any medical paperwork.

I have just read on another Thailand related internet forum that you have to provide a jpeg photo showing the visa you have in your passport.

If you look at the screen shot B

It shows what documents you have to provide ( No mention of visa details )

If you look at the screen shot A

It shows its shows part of the online form , and you have to show the type of visa you have there.

Am I correct in thinking that you don’t have to scan your passport page showing the visa details you have ?

Thanks.

A.jpg

B.jpg

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

So you firmly believe that they'll give one jab and leave people hanging ??

Once again it says you’ll be given the date for your second shot when you get the first one !!

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Kanada said:

Once again it says you’ll be given the date for your second shot when you get the first one !!

Okay, finally we agree, but I have to say that I believe that your response was slightly ambiguous, hence my response, good, so as and when we get notified to attend for our 'first' jab we get told to attend as and when for the second jab, sorry for any confusion. There are still many on here who believe it will only be one jab, I just hope it will be something useful.

• Like 1

Utterly ridiculous - the 6th instructed method of pre-registration I've seen. Whether this one works or not the whole concept of separate pre-registration is nonsense, providing only added  bureaucracy (ie opportunities for money-making) and delay.

The Thai discriminatory treatment of foreigners in this respect is worst in world.  Imagine if a western country started filtering people in or out for vaccination depending on what country they were born in !!!  The UN and WHO would be all over them.

Totally ridiculous pre-registration.  Just announce where to go, give the vaccine and record it done on the spot - like all sensible countries do.

Edited by PeeJayEm
Typo
  • Sad 2

Is this offering for those  60 - 74 only?

"Please note that priority is given to foreign residents aged 60 years and above and to those with pregnancy"

read carefully "priority" it mean they will give to people 60 and above first, its not for 60 plus only, its for everybody

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks for that tried again doing as you suggested, and still gives me one month before i was born ???? i.e. /03 not 04/ but if i put a different year it works as /04 ????? 

But if you posted a picture of your passport your DOB is there anyway.

With so many pages to look thru - was wondering do they / or will they be offering proof of vaccination either by some app etc or a certified certificate of some sort . Not fancying get these and them being shut out or forced into quarantine in the EU etc 

I'm no computer tech guy and I haven't taken previous seriously and try to register because I feel we aren't even close to obtaining the Pfizer or Moderna.  Somehow I got an email given the site first I tried on my computer but couldn't down load my passport so I went to the phone since I had photos there.

I went to the site filled out the information downloaded the photo was told I was successful and to wait for a confirmation date and time.  The main reason but not holding my breath I did this time the last sentence said vaccine not known but there after statement by Chan O that some of the pfizer will be given to foreigners?  Will last time I looked I fall in that range 69 but being still healthy and a handsome man I might get declined???? but if I do get a confirmation for date and time but can't confirm Pfizer I will decline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg71 said:

With so many pages to look thru - was wondering do they / or will they be offering proof of vaccination either by some app etc or a certified certificate of some sort . Not fancying get these and them being shut out or forced into quarantine in the EU etc 

As far as I know there is no current international standard for vaccination proof.  I did get a Thai National Vaccination Certificate after I'd received my first AZ jab in Phuket.  It was in Thai and English and could probably be used to travel internationally (after 2nd jab) until some international standard is adopted.  Even had a QR code on it that led to a Ministry of Public Health site that confirmed the jab (only in Thai).  That was in Phuket, don't know what you might get elsewhere in Thailand.

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

I Managed to register with no difficulty on Sunday evening. I later got an EMAIL saying that my registration is accepted and I will be given the time and date. BY email It also mentioned priority will be given to those most in need which I assume means over 60 years old or with respiratory diseases. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, skatewash said:

As far as I know there is no current international standard for vaccination proof.  I did get a Thai National Vaccination Certificate after I'd received my first AZ jab in Phuket.  It was in Thai and English and could probably be used to travel internationally (after 2nd jab) until some international standard is adopted.  Even had a QR code on it that led to a Ministry of Public Health site that confirmed the jab (only in Thai).  That was in Phuket, don't know what you might get elsewhere in Thailand.

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

Why i asked is i saw this article which states that the chinese and asian made AZ injections arent approved for the EU green pass .https://healthpolicy-watch.news/most-covax-vaccine-recipients-excluded/

9 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Latest Tweet - Monday 6.00PM:

At 6PM today: No. of registrants: 28,788 Blow 60: 22,653 | 60over: 6,135 Pregnant: 114 Health conds: 1,916 MFA+MOPH r coordinating on notification, site+date for vaccination. Probably AFTER Aug 10 or 11.

????????????   good info ...

• Like 2