7-Eleven in Bangkok

BobinBKK

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Is that in one 7-11 or several?.... It's pretty easy to see why supply chains etc could be disrupted at this time. 

Several locations. This started last week, however the supermarkets around me are fully stocked.

13 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Several locations. This started last week, however the supermarkets around me are fully stocked.

The 3 around me have no problems at all, the ones around you too. Sounds to me that your statement is a bit misleading about 7 elevens in Bangkok.

Edited by FritsSikkink

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is usually a sign that that particular branch is about to close down 

I agree. In Pattaya many 7Elevens and Family Marts have closed their doors and you see more closing everyday. 2 have closed just in my local neighbourhood. There was something quirky going on last night in my local 7Eleven. I had 2 shopping baskets full of groceries and the teller took a photo of the full baskets, and another photo of my receipt.

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

The 3 around me have no problems at all, the ones around you too. Sounds to me that your statement is a bit misleading about 7 elevens in Bangkok.

There are 10+ locations near my condo all in easy walking distance suffering the same lack of stock. I wouldn't know about where you live, so excuse me if you feel "mislead"... It's why I asked!!!

15 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I agree. In Pattaya many 7Elevens and Family Marts have closed their doors and you see more closing everyday. 2 have closed just in my local neighbourhood. There was something quirky going on last night in my local 7Eleven. I had 2 shopping baskets full of groceries and the teller took a photo of the full baskets, and another photo of my receipt.

So your card details on the receipt , photographed by the sales person, and used for what purpose?

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

So your card details on the receipt , photographed by the sales person, and used for what purpose?

It was a cash transaction. I don't speak Thai and the teller doesn't speak English, so I have no idea. What's your best guess? Mine is that maybe they had a problem with staff stealing merchandise or money. Maybe the till was short on cash at the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It was a cash transaction. I don't speak Thai and the teller doesn't speak English, so I have no idea. What's your best guess? Mine is that maybe they had a problem with staff stealing merchandise or money. Maybe the till was short on cash at the end of the day.

No idea, glad it was a cash transaction, was concerned about the privacy of your card. ( which was not used thankfully)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Media-fueled fear frenzied panic buying. ????

Hoarding seems to start and now they try to extinguish the fire by appeasing news falling on deaf ears.

Two days ago on a rare occasion my wife asked whether we should drive to district town and stock up for a month.

Obviously after having caught some panic news on TV.

Tomorrow I will see whether there is anything short except eggs (sold out at Makro) :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am quite sure that there is no hoarding going on . 

Thais don't generally do that kind of thing ?

And you'd be right. The average Joe, out of work and cash poor will not be hoarding. 

46 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

And you'd be right. The average Joe, out of work and cash poor will not be hoarding. 

Even the people with money seem to be sharing it around with those without , rather than hoarding . 

Its not uncommon to see people making food in large amounts and giving it to the poor . 

Unlike many Western Countries where everyone's grabbing as much as they can for themselves................and often binning it a week later when the foods gone bad

• Like 1

Empty shelves in 7-11s seems to be a common problem now. In my area (Ladphrao) I checked the nearest five 7-11s and all have problems. Three of these are situated on the main Ladphrao road itself, and one of these has actually closed a few days ago (not sure if this is due to cost-cutting, covid among staff, ...), the others are inside various sois. Things like meals, yoghurt, bread and a host of other items are delivered in tiny amounts (if at all) and sell out in no time.

On 8/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Well, note than that from the five 7-11s areas nearest my apartment (Ladphrao area), four have major supply problems and the 5th closed a week ago. So in some areas there are definitely problems with many empty shelves, not sure how the distribution is arranged.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, zhounan said:

For me this chain of sugar retailers can go out of business. They are infinitely more dangerous to public health than SARS2.

Well then the public is in luck then, because 7/11's  are closing down and Covid is rampantly spreading . 

The public will be safe with Covid rife and no 7/11's????

r/s

6 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Well, note than that from the five 7-11s areas nearest my apartment (Ladphrao area), four have major supply problems and the 5th closed a week ago. So in some areas there are definitely problems with many empty shelves, not sure how the distribution is arranged.

The closing of stores is nothing new.... it has been going on since last year's first lockdown and continues, store by store. 

All I've noticed in Pattaya (in stores that will remain open) is less availability of prepared meals and frozen food. It's possible the suppliers and food manufacturers can not keep up with the extra demand due to lockdown. Many factories where they produce this food (and even the plastic it comes in) are having difficulties with mass infections.

i'm in 7-11 or family mart a couple times a day every day (i buy my liquids there).  this is sukhumvit btwn soi 11 and 22.  have not seen any stocking problems at the 7's.  i did see bare shelves at a family mart and a guy wheeling out the haagen dazs branded freezer.  the next day it was closed and has remained so.