Swiss tourist dead, believed raped, murdered in Phuket Sandbox

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I always cringe when I see re-enactments such as this.   Seriously, what purpose do they actually do, other than an opportunity for the police to act like they know what they are doing and how important they are.   I could see the point if they were appealing for witnesses, but they use the actual person who has been charged with the crime rather than a substitute.   Unbelievable.

Totally agree. A re-enactment for what ??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As expected, no link. Your quote was from someone thinking he knew when he really didn't know 

Police never stated the perpetrator was a 33 year old Burmese national.

I do have a link but I am not prepared to waste my time arguing with you.

If you believe all of what is being reported and then you obviously believe in the re-enactments and other such stupidity.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DaveC said:

If you believe all of what is being reported and then you obviously believe in the re-enactments and other such stupidity.

OK, so what is your version of events ?

The Thai media often get things wrong or make things up to fill in the gaps , so yes, I do question the Thai media .

Although I do believe that RTP version of events , the confession and the reenactment .

What do you think happened ?

What caused her death ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I always cringe when I see re-enactments such as this.   Seriously, what purpose do they actually do, other than an opportunity for the police to act like they know what they are doing and how important they are.   I could see the point if they were appealing for witnesses, but they use the actual person who has been charged with the crime rather than a substitute.   Unbelievable.

They have the accused do the re-enactment to see if it matches with what they figured happened and also to see if the accused knows how the person was killed or just taking a fall for another who if a hi-so may have paid him to confess. Red Bull guy tried to get his driver  to say he was driving but CCTV showed otherwise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveC said:

So when asked for a link you're wasting time by copying text from a source, a source that doesn't confirm your claim. But you're not willing to waste time on providing the link, which would have proved your point and saved you a lot of time. In stead you jump to conclusions.

It really gives the impression you don't have a link.

5 minutes ago, DaveC said:

One word - fabrication

Look you are from Phukett , quite possibly desperately wanting the island to open up to tourism again and this murder will harm that and you are trying to cover up the murder , just like the Ko Tao people do when theres a murder on their island 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Look you are from Phukett , quite possibly desperately wanting the island to open up to tourism again and this murder will harm that and you are trying to cover up the murder , just like the Ko Tao people do when theres a murder on their island 

Yes I do want the island to open up and ALL restrictions removed but frankly I couldn't care less what you think.

This circus and the gullible people are what is hurting the Island however.

1 minute ago, DaveC said:

Yes I do want the island to open up and ALL restrictions removed but frankly I couldn't care less what you think.

This circus and the gullible people are what is hurting the Island however.

No, its the murder of a Swiss female  tourist by a Thai guy that is causing the "hurt"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveC said:

In every country a murderer is usually taken to the crime scene by police, especially if the corpse has been moved or hidden. It's part of the investigation.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sundown said:

In every country a murderer is usually taken to the crime scene by police, especially if the corpse has been moved or hidden. It's part of the investigation.

Every country? Would seem pointless if the accused is pleading not guilty.

It should definitely not happen in front of the media, as it becomes a circus. They've been attempts to ban it here as it impinges on the rights of the accused to a fair trial.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 5:30 AM, DaveC said:

it is a useful and normal practice of police in any country, to hold back certain information/facts of a murder

from the general public

facts that only he murderer would know. the reenactment can go towards proving that they have the right person.

• Like 1