Pattaya Darkest Hour

Banana7

5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

With daily infections around the 20,000 mark and deaths between 100 - 200 a day, it's not likely to be anytime soon IMO.

It's in the hands of the Thai's now.  The faster they can procure or manufacture vaccines, and administer them, the faster they can open the country up.  

The date, the vaccination program here has been a shambles.  

We've been a few times during the pandemic.

Enjoyed ourselves, spent a lot of money, cruised around the deserted sois.

LK and Sou bhukow seemed busy enough.

Tons of hotties everywhere.

Get a penthouse for real cheap and make your way through the pandemic.

There's worse places to be stuck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

The pandemic may not be at its worse in Pattaya just yet.  

I think traveling with my wife we were enjoying the empty beaches.

We're actually we're enjoying traveling all over Thailand and seeing the emptiness,eeriness, and catastrophic effects that COVID-19 has had.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I think traveling with my wife we were enjoying the empty beaches.

We're actually we're enjoying traveling all over Thailand and seeing the emptiness,eeriness, and catastrophic effects that COVID-19 has had.

A bit like a tour of Chernobyl, I suppose.  ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 5:18 PM, Mickeymaus said:

This is not like this. For instance the Philippines have endless beautiful islands and beaches. And in my opinion great doctors. In my experience much better than here in Thailand. But you also have Jollibee. I could tell you a lot about this. Or about Langkawi. Or the great experience in Hanoi. Or... Thailand doesn't love me but it allows me to stay here if I follow certain restrictions. And it provides a Farang ghetto for me. And this because it is organised to handle foreigners much better than other countries. It is used to tourists. 

Yep, , lovely islands, don't know about doctors though the ones here in Patts do not impress me, Jollibee is an abomination as is most food there, and yes, it is not too painful to be a long term resident here. Hanoi on the list if we ever get out of COVID. 

On 8/8/2021 at 11:22 PM, MrJ2U said:

Get a penthouse for real cheap and make your way through the pandemic.

There's worse places to be stuck!

Stir crazy comes to mind,..this pandemic has got legs and speed that is incalcable to even contemplate an ending of,it will be stuck forever with the over 50s farang visa group,the others?,give up whie the goings good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, I agree, it's much easier to fit in with the locals in PI.

Their culture (Spanish Catholic) is far more western than Asian.

And they totally  get our literature/movies/music. 

Not to mention they actually seem to like white foreigners.

Perhaps the most annoying accent in all of SEA.

Also, their food is mingin.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Perhaps the most annoying accent in all of SEA.

Also, their food is mingin.

Agree with you . Listening to a Filipino speak is like listening to a bar girls pigeon English . It’s so annoying ! Also the food is terrible and they have a big obesity problem. To me it’s the armpit of se Asia.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Agree with you . Listening to a Filipino speak is like listening to a bar girls pigeon English . It’s so annoying ! Also the food is terrible and they have a big obesity problem. To me it’s the armpit of se Asia.

I just hate hearing people trying to talk like pigeons. They never do it well.

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

You butterfly man . Not same same pigeon . 

Oh. I get it: you may only know illiterate forum English pidgin. One of my fave is "boarders" for "borders." Gives new meaning to "closed boarders." ????

16 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Could mean no room at the inn . 

In a world where Filipinos speak like pigeons, it's certainly possible.???? I'll try to remember that when our members ask about the boarders over in the Visa forum. Should help clarify things. Thank you! 

On 8/15/2021 at 4:43 AM, chrisandsu said:

Nobody forces you to bed the big ones.

Filipinos are the smallest women I've ever had, I had to impose a lower weight limit on ladies of 38Kg when I was there. Didn't notice any odd accent, they all appeared to talk normal English to me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Filipinos are the smallest women I've ever had, I had to impose a lower weight limit on ladies of 38Kg when I was there. Didn't notice any odd accent, they all appeared to talk normal English to me.

I worked with many Filipino nurses in Saudi. Some were DDG and some were not, some were plump, and some were slim. All spoke excellent English, except for some idiosyncrasies such as referring to fruit in the plural as fruits.

I didn't consider them to be more man friendly than western women. They were, IMO, more subservient to authority than western people, and rarely questioned anything. I also never trusted them not to rat me out to the boss if I did anything against the rules. I don't remember them having a western sense of humour, and some of their food stank so much we had to ban it.

All in all, lovely people.

I did meet an exceptionally beautiful one in a Cyprus bar, and had I been looking for a wife at that time, I might never have returned to LOS. Still think about her 30 years later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That’s the great thing about this world ! I struggle to find Filipinos to be attractive , there are of course the rare occasion where they can be stunning but on average they are not . Im also not into issarn women and the same can be said about them . But that would leave more for you guys who do find them attractive ???? they are far too Americanised for my liking I prefer the Asian culture . 

• Like 1