Expatvac Appointment Email!

Chris.B

From my experience.  I register on both sites, Expatvac and ThailandVac which is the one that actually if you prefer Pfizer to click Medpark I used two different emails addresses.

In the end, I found out both sites are linked together because I got an email for Medpark that they see I also register with the other email but will send confirmation to Yahoo mail.  Responds in email to Yahoo was a code date and time message included due to my age and American stated I will get the Pfizer!  To be honest I sign up this time because of the Pfizer, I could get the Sino and AZ in Pattaya, Sino definitely a NO, AZ was my 4th choice after J&J I just hope when I get to the table it is the Pfizer otherwise I will have to make a decision quick!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

From my experience.  I register on both sites, Expatvac and ThailandVac which is the one that actually if you prefer Pfizer to click Medpark I used two different emails addresses.

I didn't see your post about using 2 different emails.... I just registered on the ThailandVac site for Bangkok Hospital, which was offering Pfizer and it went through with no problem, but I expect they may reject the registration when they find out I also registered on the expatvac site with the same email???? Anyway, hope one of these gets me a "real" appointment. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ClaySmc said:

I didn't see your post about using 2 different emails.... I just registered on the ThailandVac site for Bangkok Hospital, which was offering Pfizer and it went through with no problem, but I expect they may reject the registration when they find out I also registered on the expatvac site with the same email???? Anyway, hope one of these gets me a "real" appointment. Thanks for the heads-up.

I doubt they will go through such a painstaking task checking on emails as to who has registered on different sites. They know people will try many sites to get the vaccine, it is human nature.

• Haha 1

I think I'd rather have AZ. I don't trust them to keep the Pfizer one at  minus 70 degrees Centigrade in this country. Do you think they would own up if it had not been kept at the correct temperatures or would they just keep quiet and jab people with it anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

In the end, I found out both sites are linked together because I got an email for Medpark that they see I also register with the other email but will send confirmation to Yahoo mail.  Responds in email to Yahoo was a code date and time message included due to my age and American stated I will get the Pfizer!  To be honest I sign up this time because of the Pfizer, I could get the Sino and AZ in Pattaya, Sino definitely a NO, AZ was my 4th choice after J&J I just hope when I get to the table it is the Pfizer otherwise I will have to make a decision quick!

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, you can come to have the vaccine injection on 13th August 2021 during 13.30 – 14.00 hrs.

You are unable to make any changes of your appointment. If you do not show-up on your appointment, it will be automatically cancelled.

Please present the email along with your original passport upon arrival.

However, if you don’t have the original passport available, please bring the copy one and the documents you’ve mentioned along.

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant.

As per your age, you will be one of the above criteria to get Pfizer, please inform the staff when you come and get the vaccine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Big crowds at MedPark, for the 10th to 12th appointments. Queue around the outside of the building, wish I’d brought me hat !!  

94037997-3793-498B-AA2F-3E704D979178.thumb.jpeg.761c82f6e0996e845a96aa8502a9f649.jpeg

Email stated not to show up more than 15 minutes before your appointment ? Wonder how many there are early / later ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Email stated not to show up more than 15 minutes before your appointment ? Wonder how many there are early / later ?

In my case I had an appointment for tomorrow evening then got another email saying anytime 08.00 to 17.00 on 10th to 12th.

Talking with a few people in the line, some got the second email some didn’t and have appointments for now but are surprised with a huge line !!

• Haha 1

I submitted a registration request on the MedPark Hospital website on the 7th at 21:09 hours and was advised that I would receive an email within 24 hours. So far, no email. When I submitted the form, the earliest appointment was for the 15th and that is the date I chose. I have just sent a chaser via their website's contact page.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 21.09.26.png

I have now automatically lowered my expectations to try and avoid the inevitable disapointment when the rug is pulled from under my feet again.

Will it be at a local centre ? Will it be Pfizer? Will it be this year?

Edited by Saltire
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I doubt they will go through such a painstaking task checking on emails as to who has registered on different sites. They know people will try many sites to get the vaccine, it is human nature.

they do, I got an email stating I could apply only once

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In my case I had an appointment for tomorrow evening then got another email saying anytime 08.00 to 17.00 on 10th to 12th.

Talking with a few people in the line, some got the second email some didn’t and have appointments for now but are surprised with a huge line !!

My appointment is for 18:30 today, I'd not received any email from them at all but after contacting them to confirm the appointment I eventually got a reply saying I could go at the appointment time or any time between 08:00 - 17:00.  Walked over there at 8:00 and saw this, came back home and will go at the original appointment time.  Seems to have gone from having a well organised appointment system to absolute chaos.

1 hour ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

The date stamp on the message states that it was sent at least four days ago. Since the MFA has said that emails would first go out starting the 9th or 10th, this can't be from the MFA-sponsored sign-up that is supposedly for the Pfizer vaccination.

It also refers the recipient to the Bang Sue station for the vaccination. The MFA site has stated that the vaccination sites would be based upon the applicant's location, implying that the vaccines would be administered at several different places and not Bang Sue.

I think the notification in Richard's tweet results from the earlier MoPH website and not the MFA one that referred to Pfizer.

Hope you're right. I've done the MFA Registration and was really hoping NOT to have to go to Bangsue 45 minutes away by taxi. Not to mention the crowds there.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

That should be quite the clusterxxxx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

My appointment is for 18:30 today, I'd not received any email from them at all but after contacting them to confirm the appointment I eventually got a reply saying I could go at the appointment time or any time between 08:00 - 17:00.  Walked over there at 8:00 and saw this, came back home and will go at the original appointment time.  Seems to have gone from having a well organised appointment system to absolute chaos.

Yes , agree, another Bang Sue.

Although it says 08.00 to 17.00 I would imagine they will stop people joining the line way before that.

I have no idea how long it will take to reach the vax point as I am still outside for probably another hour !!

• Sad 1