Expatvac Appointment Email!

Chris.B

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes , agree, another Bang Sue.

Although it says 08.00 to 17.00 I would imagine they will stop people joining the line way before that.

I have no idea how long it will take to reach the vax point as I am still outside for probably another hour !!

Thanks Andrew, Let us know how it turns out. I was really hoping to avoid getting infected while getting jabbed to avoid infection. Quite a catch-22.

4 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

I dont know whats wrong with some people. We are in the middle of a pandemic and they want to select what brand of vaccination they must have  . I would have thought any vacc. would be better than no vacc.  When you go to the doctor to get a flu  or a smallpox etc needle they dont give you a menu and ask you to pick what brand you want...NO .there is only the one kind...and you just accept it and shut up.

People were given a preference to choose from. If you are confirmed stating a certain brand will be administered then that's what you should receive. It's referred to as credibility.

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.medparkhospital.com%2Fasset%2F1rp%2Fc%2Foptim_00000H.jpg%3Fi%3D4574.3624653355955&t=1628561644&ymreqid=fcb0f459-5d34-b5aa-1cf9-c5000101fc00&sig=ARw9D_xZY_4AxedXOTqg5A--~D

• Like 2

Just now, jazzdog32095 said:

People were given a preference to choose from. If you are confirmed stating a certain brand will be administered then that's what you should receive. It's referred to as credibility.

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.medparkhospital.com%2Fasset%2F1rp%2Fc%2Foptim_00000H.jpg%3Fi%3D4574.3624653355955&t=1628561644&ymreqid=fcb0f459-5d34-b5aa-1cf9-c5000101fc00&sig=ARw9D_xZY_4AxedXOTqg5A--~D

o.k That might be the case in Thailand but I was just  making a general comment because there is so much garbage in Australia from idiots saying this vacc. is better than that one and then refuse both  of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A breed on their own some of these people, getting a free WHO recognized vaccine after months of complaining they have been forgotten and now they want to pick and choose like they have some divine right.

Don't know about you, but I'm special, I have knocked back AZ and Sinovac, if I don't get Pfizer, I will wait for Moderna that I have paid for, no one is going to tell me what they want to give me, it's as simple as that, we all have choices, so suck it up, at least I stand my ground !

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Don't know about you, but I'm special, I have knocked back AZ and Sinovac, if I don't get Pfizer, I will wait for Moderna that I have paid for, no one is going to tell me what they want to give me, it's as simple as that, we all have choices, so suck it up, at least I stand my ground !

You'll be sucking it up ' oxygen that is '  if Covid19 takes you down before you can get your beloved Pfizer!

Nothing wrong with AZ.

Also, I was referring to the ones who had been screaming about being neglected but now wanted a choice of vaccine. However, if the cap fits!...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, champers said:

AZ will do for me. Many Thais would be glad of it too, I guess.

I have an appointment for tomorrow at the village clinic, AstraZeneca, but this is independent from Expatvac, I haven't had an appointment from them yet so I'm taking what comes soonest and so apparently are hundreds of others on the governments list, I have the first appointment, my missus comes in at 345.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

o.k That might be the case in Thailand but I was just  making a general comment because there is so much garbage in Australia from idiots saying this vacc. is better than that one and then refuse both  of them.

There is very good reason to prefer one vaccine over another especially since they all are brand new and studies show vast differences in effectiveness.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

You'll be sucking it up ' oxygen that is '  if Covid19 takes you down before you can get your beloved Pfizer!

Being as  the vast  majority dont end up on oyxgen this  is  just  plain FAKE scaremongering   news

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just got into the entrance now 

5EDB5441-E665-4663-AD10-3A1EC1C98B26.thumb.jpeg.b0d7072ce522123ff175b316f7b89f8a.jpeg

Seems like a few arguments going on, presumably about people having an appointment slot or maybe not getting the vaccine they want .

<deleted>  that Im  not queueing  up with loads of  people Ill stay at  home and ignore any emails "if"  I  ever get one and wait until its  more  available  without the crowds

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Nothing wrong with AZ.

Also, I was referring to the ones who had been screaming about being neglected but now wanted a choice of vaccine. However, if the cap fits!...

Ha ha your a funny guy......point taken.

Having had a blood clot in 2008, and all the talk about blood clots/deaths with AZ from where I stood in hindsight, was the right choice and if Covid comes knocking on my door then we will greet him or her with open arms, then commence the fight.

No tin foiled caps here mate, although I did mention, I'm special.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just got into the entrance now 

5EDB5441-E665-4663-AD10-3A1EC1C98B26.thumb.jpeg.b0d7072ce522123ff175b316f7b89f8a.jpeg

Seems like a few arguments going on, presumably about people having an appointment slot or maybe not getting the vaccine they want .

That looks about the same as Banglamung Hospital last weekend.I didn't hangabout.Good luck.hopefully better inside.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A breed on their own some of these people, getting a free WHO recognized vaccine after months of complaining they have been forgotten and now they want to pick and choose like they have some divine right.

Especially as these complaining foreigners have now jumped the queue ahead of some Thais.

I am Thai and can't register anywhere, and all my foreign friends under 60 have, this is in Isarn. 

30 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes , agree, another Bang Sue.

Although it says 08.00 to 17.00 I would imagine they will stop people joining the line way before that.

I have no idea how long it will take to reach the vax point as I am still outside for probably another hour !!

When I went over there last week it was Thais only being jabbed and by 4pm it was pretty quiet.  When they said I could go any time I thought it might be quiet still and decided it would be a good idea to go early, clearly an awful lot of people thought the same.  Might wander over at 4 to see if it's died down at all, if not, just go at the original appointment time, it can't be any worse than it was at 8. 

It seems that their auto-email system has a problem in some cases too, I didn't receive an original confirmation or any of the updates sent out since, a few people I know had the same issue, we were only able to get a reply after contacting their Patient Access department. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I would say a few Thai going for AZ, farang mainly going for Pfizer but many Chinese and Japanese etc going by the different passports.

Do you think the AZ crowd has the required medical issues to be approved. It might be very easy here to get verification you have one of the 8 ailments to get an appointment

5 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Going forward we are likely to see governments or other entities specify that vaccination is required for entry and that the vaccine must be one approved by the WHO or US FDA. Many universities in the US already require that students be vaccinated with a US FDA approved vaccine prior to attendance this coming semester (though some accept WHO approved ones). Since locally-made AZ is not approved by either the WHO or the US FDA and none of the Chinese ones have FDA approval, vaccination with these vaccines may prove problematic for some. This already presents a hurdle for Thai students going to America to study in the coming weeks and may be a reason to be selective when getting vaccinated. I wonder what the response would be to a foreigner who has already been vaccinated with a non-approved vaccine when asking for an approved one in order to comply with US or other international vaccination requirements.

exactly what I'm thinking

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

When I went over there last week it was Thais only being jabbed and by 4pm it was pretty quiet.  When they said I could go any time I thought it might be quiet still and decided it would be a good idea to go early, clearly an awful lot of people thought the same.  Might wander over at 4 to see if it's died down at all, if not, just go at the original appointment time, it can't be any worse than it was at 8. 

It seems that their auto-email system has a problem in some cases too, I didn't receive an original confirmation or any of the updates sent out since, a few people I know had the same issue, we were only able to get a reply after contacting their Patient Access department. 

Yes, the email reply system failed big time.

They are restricting the amount entering now as it was pretty crowded, now got to the musical chairs part to get to the paperwork filling part, then onwards, where ? I have no idea .

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Oh dear, oh dear! No Pfizer! Whatever shall I do when it arrives in Surin? I think I'll just prefer to die of the plague. So sad.

People would be upset for receiving Astra Zeneca after being told they were to recieve the superior Pfeizer vaccine donated by the USA.

That said at least it hasn't been replaced by Sinovac.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Do you think the AZ crowd has the required medical issues to be approved. It might be very easy here to get verification you have one of the 8 ailments to get an appointment

You can have Pfizer under 60 with a health certificate , AZ without. 
Pfizer over 60 irrespective of health.

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

People would be upset for receiving Astra Zeneca after being told they were to recieve the superior Pfeizer vaccine donated by the USA.

That said at least it hasn't been replaced by Sinovac.

Is Phizer better than AstraZeneca? Or is that just Big Pharma talking?

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

You can have Pfizer under 60 with a health certificate , AZ without. 
Pfizer over 60 irrespective of health.

That explains the crowd. Likely the AZ crowd just has to show up anytime making appointments useless. You have to wonder who plans the logistics

3 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

That explains the crowd. Likely the AZ crowd just has to show up anytime making appointments useless. You have to wonder who plans the logistics

Yes, actually the AZ crowd have gone elsewhere now due to the large amount wanting Pfizer.

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Is Phizer better than AstraZeneca? Or is that just Big Pharma talking?

Going forward we are likely to see governments or other entities specify that vaccination is required for entry and that the vaccine must be one approved by the WHO or US FDA. AZ and the Chinese junk are not approved.