Bangkok protests: Thousands of marbles and slingshots seized by police in park next to Central World

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Met region six and Pathum Wan police seized 90 packets containing 9,000 marbles and 80 slingshots, reported Daily News yesterday.

The items had been left on a walkway along with a black bag in the Pathumwananurak Park that is next to Central World in downtown Bangkok.

The items were taken in at 1.30 pm as anti-government protesters in the "Car Mob" gathered. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

Ouch.  It's all good fun until someone loses an eye.

I once shot down a pigeon in a warehouse, mid-flight, with the type of slingshot that uses a wrist brace.  The steel shot went straight through the pigeon.  Those things are no joke.

Rubber bullets are better?

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

Ouch.  It's all good fun until someone loses an eye.

I once shot down a pigeon in a warehouse, mid-flight, with the type of slingshot that uses a wrist brace.  The steel shot went straight through the pigeon.  Those things are no joke.

But these are glass marbles and a bit of elastic. They'll still hurt, but go through a pigeon, I think not.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

Wonder with what right they seized the products. They where just standing there. Marbles are not illegal and neither is sling shots of what I heard. 

Don´t take me wrong, I do understand why they seized the products, but not which part of the law they can use to defend themselves.

Edited by Gottfrid

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Wonder with what right they seized the products. They where just standing there. Marbles are not illegal and neither is sling shots of what I heard. 

Don´t take me wrong, I do understand why they seized the products, but not which part of the law they can use to defend themselves.

In Thailand the police decide what is law and what is not... Of the real laws they have no clue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Next thing you know any Kid carrying a few Marbles in their pockets will be arrested for being 'Terrorists' !

Its all about context, if you have a big wrench in your toolbox as a plumber its ok, if you bring it to a protests its a weapon.

Its not that hard to understand. Marbles + slingshot + protest = weapon

Kids with a slingshot and marbles far away from protest sites = being naughty / having fun

If the protestors can show that they are not using these things fine but I am sure based on past protests that there are idiots in the protest group that are doing it.  Let's face it there are always going to be people that use a peaceful protest to create mayhem and break laws.

Smart thing for the protestors to do is turn in people they see using them to the police.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its all about context, if you have a big wrench in your toolbox as a plumber its ok, if you bring it to a protests its a weapon.

Its not that hard to understand. Marbles + slingshot + protest = weapon

Kids with a slingshot and marbles far away from protest sites = being naughty / having fun

Police and peaceful protest using teargaz and rubber bullets what is that??? exkaaskop  forgot the problems in Amsterdam ?? Using streetbricks is better, but not available in Thailand

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Police and peaceful protest using teargaz and rubber bullets what is that??? exkaaskop  forgot the problems in Amsterdam ?? Using streetbricks is better, but not available in Thailand

Not sure what you mean as you sound confused.