Expatvac, still not giving vax dates for expats ?

finnsk

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Mfd,

my first task as an administrative resident out of graduate school was to the run the off site flu vaccination  program for 2 million members over the size greater than thailand….

if the Thais approach it like you described, I wonder why they are overwhelmed with the task…you are not sending out an email separately to each person…

I was able to send out one letter with specific information that covered all 2 million eligible members…

you do it with specific locations specific dates and specific blocks of time…

the wrong approach is to prioritize one member over another, to give specific date and time for each member…

every registered member needs the shot so one is no different than the next…

I will say it again, from a planning, communication and coordination perspective, this is NOT rocket science as you are trying to make it out to be….it is NOT complicated with some high level thought and the know how to use your available resources…

Spoken with all the charm and self-assurance of Western superiority and knowhow.

The fact is that thousands, probably scores of thousands, of Thais - middle-ranking and junior officials and workers of all kinds - are now labouring in a brand-new international & national supply chain never invented before, certainly not in Thailand, assisted by incompetent & corrupt political masters who change their instructions from one day to the next.

Everyone under pressure, everyone afraid. Not least the poor people at the end of the chain, like my Khmer family, sitting at home in ignorance and fear listening to village gossip.

And large numbers of expats whining and grizzling in complete ignorance of anything except their own narrow interest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Mfd,

my first task as an administrative resident out of graduate school was to the run the off site flu vaccination  program for 2 million members over the size greater than thailand….

if the Thais approach it like you described, I wonder why they are overwhelmed with the task…you are not sending out an email separately to each person…

I was able to send out one letter with specific information that covered all 2 million eligible members…

you do it with specific locations specific dates and specific blocks of time…

the wrong approach is to prioritize one member over another, to give specific date and time for each member…

every registered member needs the shot so one is no different than the next…

I will say it again, from a planning, communication and coordination perspective, this is NOT rocket science as you are trying to make it out to be….it is NOT complicated with some high level thought and the know how to use your available resources…

The thing you seem to be forgetting is, this is Thailand where anything and everything is made to feel difficult. The Thais can’t think logically enough to make things easier,?it’s not in their DNA ALTHOUGH, it could come to be if people are right about the vaccine changing peoples DNA ????

This will  probably turn out to be another waste of time with nothing being give to foreigners and no appointments honored. We’ll wait and see…

8 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

And large numbers of expats whining and grizzling in complete ignorance of anything except their own narrow interest.

You shouldn't even try to insult people (expats) with far more intelligence than you. Many expats AND Thai nationals here are sick and tired of the stupidity and complete ignorance these people have at getting things done the right way and in a timely manor. As I see it, the only roll this country's leadership has on the world stage is that of a court jester!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Like everyone else I registered on Expatvac and have no response on an appointment. But I have got appointments this week at MedPark BNH Bumrungrad and via the British Chamber of Commerce at Bangrak all of which I have politely declined in favour of BPH next week so something is happening even though it seems chaotic!

However my wife breathes fire when I ask her about her preffered Sinopharm ( Pfizer Astra Seneca too strong for her) via originally Morprom and subsequently Red cross and Chulabhorn. I believe Sinopharm has arrived at City Hospital Pattaya but they are not confirming appointments!

Your experience is different than mine.

Teelack got a notice last week when she inquired in Pattaya and they initially said Sinnopharm was available at City Hospital at 2k per jab.  When she tried to register they notified her an hour later that it was all allocated and no appointments available.

She is standing in a reasonably orderly line in Chonburi as I type along with some of her co-workers to get a free AZ jab organized by her employer.

I spoke to a Thai a few days ago and they are not happy about farangs getting Pf or AZ even though these were donated to Thailand from our home countries and ultimately paid for by us - I tried explaining this but it fell on deaf ears - this lady was basically saying Thais first - I just walked away, it just goes to show the attitude of some Thai people, their government bought vaccine from China ours didn't, we also like me might need to travel back to our home countries where sinovac is not accepted 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cooked said:

(...) (I'm 73) to the regional hospital where we got Sinovac, which is not the devil's brew that it is made out to be. I was given an appointment three weeks later for an Astra-Zeneca jab. 

People will calm down about not getting the vaccine when they realise that it isn't protecting against subsequent variants (...)

Seems that few 'youngsters' (under 60) have been invited so far.

But you're right, not only are the jabs 'outdated' (i.e. not very effective against the Delta/Omega variants) once we get them, but anecdotally the efficacy of the antibodies also declines by 6% every two months...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, smedly said:

I spoke to a Thai a few days ago and they are not happy about farangs getting Pf or AZ even though these were donated to Thailand from our home countries and ultimately paid for by us - I tried explaining this but it fell on deaf ears - this lady was basically saying Thais first - I just walked away, it just goes to show the attitude of some Thai people, their government bought vaccine from China ours didn't, we also like me might need to travel back to our home countries where sinovac is not accepted 

Thais are always jealous...

Someone suggested that I went to a hospital and paid to get vaccinated, to which I replied that I'd love to, if vaccines were available that way. I mean, rather than getting it for free in mid 2022, I'd pay some money now.

It's bad enough that one has to be worried to pick up this dreadful disease, but having other difficulties in the future, due to not being able to get any jabs in this part of the world, makes you rethink living in such a country.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

~ 44,000 registered last I saw on 8 Aug.

Tomorrow (Friday) morning, our #MFA Spokesman will be speaking on Radio #Thailand’s MFA Update program on vaccination for foreign residents. Tune in to FM 88 MHz at 08.05 hrs. to listen to the program live or listen to the program afterwards via MFA Thailand Channel on YouTube.

E8jva3sVcAIJdVp.jpg

As of now, the Youtube channel has not been updated since 29 July

7 hours ago, GregBow said:

Hi

How do you access the information on the expatvac site?

I just keep getting put into the registration part.

Would like to see these facts everyone refers to.

I also registered on 1 Aug but have heard nothing

Lunch with a Canadian friend. I am similar to you. He registered a month back and had his call a week ago was vaccinated shortly after.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:13 PM, mtls2005 said:

~ 44,000 registered last I saw on 8 Aug.

Tomorrow (Friday) morning, our #MFA Spokesman will be speaking on Radio #Thailand’s MFA Update program on vaccination for foreign residents. Tune in to FM 88 MHz at 08.05 hrs. to listen to the program live or listen to the program afterwards via MFA Thailand Channel on YouTube.

E8jva3sVcAIJdVp.jpg

Listen to afterwards 'via MFA Thailand Channel on YouTube'? Long afterwards (if ever), as nearly 12 hours later it has not been posted on the MFA Thailand Channel on YouTube.

So it's now the 14th and despite the many related threads, I still see no one reporting a communication of any kind from expatvac.

Anyone like to take a guess when, if at all, someone gets an SMS or an email? There should be a prize for the first to get a notification!

I am sick of checking all the topics on this!

<End of morning rant>

• Like 1

As I have just posted on another thread, my gut feeling is that this expatvac site is just going to quietly disappear into never never land. An exercise to appease the foreign embassies and such like and that is all!  The pfizer has gone with some to deserving people like the front line and the rest???? I am not expecting to get any message and living out in the sticks make this even more unlikely. Too few of us spread out in different provinces outside of Bangkok, causing a logistical nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, worrab said:

As I have just posted on another thread, my gut feeling is that this expatvac site is just going to quietly disappear into never never land. An exercise to appease the foreign embassies and such like and that is all!  The pfizer has gone with some to deserving people like the front line and the rest???? I am not expecting to get any message and living out in the sticks make this even more unlikely. Too few of us spread out in different provinces outside of Bangkok, causing a logistical nightmare.

I would agree with you but the logistics of sending vaccine to all the frontline staff involves a nationwide distribution (already carried out twice with all the Sinovac).

With the expatvax data it would (should?) be straightforward to add the vaccines for each vulnerable person in each province and send them at the same time to the main provincial hospital.

Still, you're probably correct, experts at paying lip service.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ClaySmc said:

Just 30 minutes ago, after waiting patiently since Aug. 1, I finally was sent an email from expatvac about a hospital appointment to get a vaccine in two days. They don't commit to the vaccine offered, but at least it shows some wheels are turning. Just thought I would mention it, as many have waited and not heard anything. I am in the over 60 group, if that makes a difference.

Just a note:  strange...since the first email arriving, I've now received six duplicates; same day and time frames and hospital. I guess they don't want me to forget?

where are you located ClaySmc?

On 8/13/2021 at 3:38 PM, smedly said:

Thais have an attitude of entitlement; if other countries give vaccines, then it is because 'they have to', as they are (supposedly) richer, not because they are kind or helpful. So why should those vaccines then passed on to other foreigners in Thailand?

Mind you, I personally don't want anything "for free" from Thailand, but they won't even give you a vaccine if you pay...

1 hour ago, ClaySmc said:

Just 30 minutes ago, after waiting patiently since Aug. 1, I finally was sent an email from expatvac about a hospital appointment to get a vaccine in two days. They don't commit to the vaccine offered, but at least it shows some wheels are turning. Just thought I would mention it, as many have waited and not heard anything. I am in the over 60 group, if that makes a difference.

Just a note:  strange...since the first email arriving, I've now received six duplicates; same day and time frames and hospital. I guess they don't want me to forget?

I got the same email late this afternoon, same hospital. I have no idea what vaccine they intend to give me, I guess I'll find out. Note I am in the under-60 age group, no underlying conditions. I was one of the lucky few that was able to sign up on the website immediately when it opened up, before all of the signup issues. I also have received a duplicate appt. email to the same email address (I only signed up with one email address). Note also that there is no language in the email requiring me to confirm my appt. within 24 hours, as was originally told to me when I first signed up.

Edited by macnmotion

29 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

I got the same email late this afternoon, same hospital. I have no idea what vaccine they intend to give me, I guess I'll find out. Note I am in the under-60 age group, no underlying conditions. I was one of the lucky few that was able to sign up on the website immediately when it opened up, before all of the signup issues. I also have received a duplicate appt. email to the same email address (I only signed up with one email address). Note also that there is no language in the email requiring me to confirm my appt. within 24 hours, as was originally told to me when I first signed up.

Are you also in bkk? 

I also registered on the expat site as soon as it was published!
No appointment until today! But the registration confirmation ????

I am also registered in the BPH, for Moderna !
Registered and of course still no appointment!

I have also registered on the MedPark page!

The same day confirmation of registration and also an appointment!!!

Received my first dose of "Comirnaty" formerly Pfizer/Biontech on 13 this month!!!
In exactly 3 weeks the second vaccination!

I know as everyone should know, that I can still be infected, or even infect others!
I am only interested in avoiding a stay in the ICU;-)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, macnmotion said:

I registered with the village health volunteer ages ago and last week went along with a bunch of over 60's villagers to get jabbed. Endless queues and paper work (Oh hell, what do we do now, this guy isn't Thai....), just before the nurse injected me, she shyly said "Sinovac". I really don't care, I just want to be able to move freely again. 

Next jab, along with the villagers, will be three weeks after the first, Astra Zenica. 

I must say I was quite impressed, they must have jabbed about 5000 that day and it was a regional hospital (Lamplaimat, Buriram).