TAT stepping up promotion of Phuket

snoop1130

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What absolute garbage, who writes this tosh without querying it ?  - how on earth can you have 190,000 bookings per night in July and 19,166 visitors over the entire 6 weeks ?

I tell you how...I, myself, booked and cancelled 4 times.And, most likely, I am about to spend 200 million THB, but I just don't know it yet.

Edited by drenddy
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, tingtongfarang said:

I just dont understand why anyone has an interest in phuket, been here 16 years and from the get go co workers advised phuket was a place to stay away from, so never been

I guess that has to do with personal preferences, or do you always listen to advices based on what others think?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What absolute garbage, who writes this tosh without querying it ?  - how on earth can you have 190,000 bookings per night in July and 19,166 visitors over the entire 6 weeks ?

Visitors stay 10 day on average so lets call it 190000. Yup, that's a great looking figure. Put it out as errr.. bookings per night - that'll make it sound really busy. Now, pass me the dice as I have to work out the spending figures...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

T.A.T accounting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drenddy said:

I have asked before...Does anyone attending these press briefings, I mean, journalists, actually question these claims or it's the traditional lack of critical thinking among thais?

Good job they revoked the FAKE news restrictions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Doubting Thomas said:

Sadly TAT believe their own hype but keep announcing this tripe just to protect their own jobs. Have they slimmed down their staff by drastic numbers like all of the businesses that they are in existence to promote - have they hell! In any commercial company in a western developed country Yuthasak Supasorn (supposed Governor), Tanes Petsuwan, Chattan Kunjara Na Ayudhya, Siripakorn Cheawsamoot and Somradee Chitchong (the token woman on the executive) all laud around the country on their overpaid, unearned salaries as if they are something special. whilst in reality anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that they really haven't got a clue. They should do the honourable thing and resign and stop feeding us all this BS! TiT

They should indeed do the Honourable thing and resign.

But only after they have stopped the insanity of this Sandbox Scheme.

Covid is now rampant on the Island, with more Business,s being closed daily, Fresh food Markets closed, opening of even more Covid Field Hospitals and travel restrictions.

Tragically, a Rape and Murder of a female Tourist, and today a report of a shooting of a Local Man.

The Daily Covid Infections are well in excess of the figure ( 70 per week ) that was published openly for the shut down of the Sandbox, as this was deemed to be the safety number for the Tourists.

I fear there will be some kind of Incident centered around the Covid Outbreak that is going to impact the future of Thai tourism for many Years to come

And for what exactly ? a few Dollars to the rich and nothing for the poor.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tingtongfarang said:

I just dont understand why anyone has an interest in phuket, been here 16 years and from the get go co workers advised phuket was a place to stay away from, so never been

What a shame, huh? Let me guess...Pattaya? 

By my calculations all the hospital beds in Phuket will be full in 10 days. Why would anyone in their right mind come to Thailand now? The misinformation from TAT was always ridiculous but this latest round of BS can actually kill you. Jesus wept. Stay away. 

Is their promotional focus on the following:

rainy season

bars Closed

no alcohol with food in restaurants

single lady murdered

30 new Covid cases in Bang Tao

US declares Thailand a deep red zone 

6% Thais fully vaccinated

Should be an easy sell????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I guess that has to do with personal preferences, or do you always listen to advices based on what others think?

Well, went for the first time in 81 (holiday) loved it . Had to go back in 93 for work, still ok for Karon but Patong was a human made disaster. Returned again in 95 for work and decided that I would never have a holiday at that place, it was my last visit. Just wanted to cry, how can people do this to their own country. My last visit to Kho Samui was in 86, to be honest I'm afraid to go back for the same reason.

• Sad 1

In the beginning the talk was about number of arrivals, i.e. 120.000 in three month, not the nice hundred-thousand figure for room night, which with an average stay around 10 nights per arrival shows that the real number of arrivals should rather be about 1/10th.

Now close to half way through the first Sandbox-quater another 100,000 or so arrivals are needed to reach the predicted 120,000, and that equals at least another 1,000,000 room nights. The mentioned another 140,000 bookings, which equal room nights, would likely be about another 14,000 arrivals.

• Like 1