Thailand to get 30 million Pfizer doses: Anutin

webfact

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

For the regime, saying that they are ordering vaccines is easy.

For foreigners, registering (for the Nth time) for a vaccine is easy. OK, easier than it was in the Mor Prom days of olde.

Administering a vaccine? Not so easy.

I assume if the minister had real news, like deliveries, he'd share that vigorously. That he can only talk about "what ifs" is revealing.

All that said, they're over half a million vaccines administered in each of the last three days. They blew it out yesterday, with 570,865.

Not sure supplies will support this level for any sustained period.

Who gives the daily figure of vaccinations?

8 minutes ago, pepi2005 said:

The problem is that the ONLY function of the injections as we know now (and even admitted by the CDC!) is to reduce symptoms.

They can not prevent transmission or the risk of infection sufficiently.

This is why more mutations are developing (not 'the unvaxxed' as lying-face Fauci tries to suggest; viruses have no adoption pressure in unvaccinated).

Injections should rather be restricted to the risk groups (see interviews of Vanden Bossche, Kulldorff, Malrone etc.) instead of the whole population in order to avoid these effects.

But then, this would require to stop the fearmongering by international politicians and their media outlets, and to show the leadership skills to tell the truth and come up with a *reasonable, rational* exit plan out of this 'crisis' (that is rather an economical crisis due to the reckless abuse of lockdowns and 100s of regulations), like: injections only for risk groups and gradually open up the country again.

Spot on

7 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

30 million?  I didn't know that Thailand had that many soldiers and Members of Parliament.

Don't forget family, close family, not so close family, and utterly despised distant family, and there is your 30 million.

Via Axios (Bold added):

Preprint study found:

* Overall, it found that the Moderna vaccine was 86% effective against infection over the study period, and Pfizer's was 76%. Moderna's vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalization and Pfizer's was 85%.

* But the vaccines' effectiveness against infection dropped sharply in July, when the Delta variant's prevalence in Minnesota had risen to over 70%.

* Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective.

* The study found similar results in other states. For example, in Florida, the risk of infection in July for people fully vaccinated with Moderna was about 60% lower than for people fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

Coronavirus-vaccines-pfizer-moderna-delta-biden

Comparison of two highly-effective mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 during periods of Alpha and Delta variant prevalence

Why is it Thailand seems to get the weakest vaccines available?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pepi2005 said:

The problem is that the ONLY function of the injections as we know now (and even admitted by the CDC!) is to reduce symptoms.

This is why more mutations are developing (not 'the unvaxxed' as lying-face Fauci tries to suggest; viruses have no adoption pressure in unvaccinated).

Are you saying that the vaccine everyone is desperately trying to get, and complaining about not getting, doesn't protect one from getting Covid? 

What is your profession? 

• Like 1

So, Khun Anutin came up with money to buy 10M more Pfizer doses....just like that...no need to budget...get the Prime Minister's blessing...etc.   Magic wand money.  Or maybe he thinks he submitted an order to be paid via COD.---naw, Pfizer would want the money/cash upfront....probably wouldn't accept a COD order.  

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Via Axios (Bold added):

Preprint study found:

* Overall, it found that the Moderna vaccine was 86% effective against infection over the study period, and Pfizer's was 76%. Moderna's vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalization and Pfizer's was 85%.

* But the vaccines' effectiveness against infection dropped sharply in July, when the Delta variant's prevalence in Minnesota had risen to over 70%.

* Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective.

* The study found similar results in other states. For example, in Florida, the risk of infection in July for people fully vaccinated with Moderna was about 60% lower than for people fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

Coronavirus-vaccines-pfizer-moderna-delta-biden

Comparison of two highly-effective mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 during periods of Alpha and Delta variant prevalence

Why is it Thailand seems to get the weakest vaccines available?

It's not verified at all. 

3 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

Your wife may not have shared with you.  A family of Isan farmers went mushroom picking and didn’t realize the big concrete block sticking out of the ground (sort of like a kilometre marker on the highway but 10 times the size) was the Laos Thai border.  They strolled across and awhile later while picking Laotian mushrooms the Laotian military came and after much explaining the group was taken to the nearest town, offered 2-weeks free quarantine and a shot of Pfizer.  

We were thinking about doing that but the kids are in School.  Maybe on school break.

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

30 million doses

is enough for 15 Millon people.

Why not go all in and get 100 million Pfizer and 100 million Moderna for the public.

Use Astra Zeneca on the army to keep them complacent.

After this you can order 100 million more for booster shots.  Any extra give to your neighbors before they expire.

10 million here and 20 million there doesn't cut it.

Anutim should have been doing this last year, F idiot.

No booster shots:  Although Thailand is a country in dire straits most of Africa are still up <deleted> creek without any paddles.  Western countries have hoarded, Thailand has not even tried without the Government first asking what is in it for us, which is a tragedy.  Covid will probably never go away but if we don't want to go through the whole Greek alphabet of mutations to this virus we have to slow the spreading world-wide.  It's actually a good lesson in how we all now are dependant on each other.  A lesson that should be well learned.  (It won't I know but what the heck). Could be useful for other minor problems like say global heating, draught, heat, floods, Bangkok and other major cities slowly sliding into oceans rising etc.  What I am trying to say is forget the booster shots for now!  Lets start with understanding that this is not over before the reste of the world is a wee bit safer. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Imkah said:

No booster shots:  Although Thailand is a country in dire straits most of Africa are still up <deleted> creek without any paddles.  Western countries have hoarded, Thailand has not even tried without the Government first asking what is in it for us, which is a tragedy.  Covid will probably never go away but if we don't want to go through the whole Greek alphabet of mutations to this virus we have to slow the spreading world-wide.  It's actually a good lesson in how we all now are dependant on each other.  A lesson that should be well learned.  (It won't I know but what the heck). Could be useful for other minor problems like say global heating, draught, heat, floods, Bangkok and other major cities slowly sliding into oceans rising etc.  What I am trying to say is forget the booster shots for now!  Lets start with understanding that this is not over before the reste of the world is a wee bit safer. 

The greek alphabet are labels assigned to the variants of concern (and a few of interest), not all variants....  The virus will not be eradicated and there will be more mutations (it is not particularly fast mutating as far as viruses go)...  There have been at least 500+ mutations so far recorded, and many more not recorded because they lost out too early...  Hint, the entire alphabet will be used.... then they will start on the first of a new naming scheme like... Andromeda Variant ????

2 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

Injections should rather be restricted to the risk groups (see papers & interviews of Vanden Bossche, Kulldorff, Malrone etc.) instead of 'trying to vaccinate everyone & into the running pandemic' in order to avoid these effects.

But then, this would require to stop the fearmongering by international politicians and their media outlets, to show the leadership skills to tell the truth, and then to come up with a *reasonable, rational* exit plan out of this 'crisis' (that is rather an economical crisis due to the reckless abuse of lockdowns and 100s of regulations), like: injections only for risk groups, focus on medication that can actually block transmission (that's easier said than done though), and to gradually open up the country again.

Not really. If an unvaccinated person uses their natural defense mechanism to fight off the virus, the virus also mutates.

46 minutes ago, suestra29 said:

He and Prayut should get out now. Both speak a lot of tosh. They still haven’t explained what happened to the “missing” 37,000 doses of the USA donated Pfizer. 

Prayut's fine ....  but this guy,  not so sure.  I can see Prayut coming in Tomorrow and cleaning up this guy's mess with an announcement or maybe a big order.     

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

Snip

The B.1.351 line (501Y.V2) - also called beta according to the new WHO nomenclature - first spread in South Africa. In addition to N501Y, there are other mutations (E484K, K417N) of the spike protein.

The mutant very likely developed as a result of a high level of infection with the virus in the South African population. South Africa already recorded large-scale corona outbreaks in the summer of 2020. In the townships in particular, the virus found ideal conditions in which to spread.

This means:  many people were already immune to the original form of Sars-CoV-2 - the virus had to change. Researchers refer to such a situation as evolutionary pressure. Therefore, a new virus variant has prevailed that was superior to the original form because, among other things, it is more contagious.

This example shows that if an unvaccinated population is completely infected, dangerous mutations can also arise. Your claim that the virus evolution pressure in the form of mutation is caused by vaccinations is therefore not correct.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

COVID is an RNA virus (single stranded) [RNA viruses mutate faster than DNA viruses, single stranded viruses mutate faster than double stranded] of the coronavirus family (SARS, MERS, a couple cold virus's and SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)).  The COVID-19 RNA virus has 30,000 bases, each has 4 possible 'values'.      It is not a particularly fast mutating virus. 

I have never heard of a virus mutating BECAUSE your natural defense mechanism, it mutates in the normal course of replicating (i.e. making an error copying one base out of 30,000).   The more it replicates, the more chance of a mutation, the more chances of mutation, the more chance of a strain that is more contagious or better in some way.   One strain may win out vs other ones because of natural selection so to speak... one strain was more successful replicating and spreading than another (maybe because the immune system was more successful at killing off the competing alternative).  The longer a virus exists infecting people, the more it mutates and some will be more successful than others.  Given the abject failure to control this outbreak worldwide, we are unlikely to kill it off completely and will remain to continue to mutate normally.    This was really as much a test (that we failed horribly) as it was a pandemic... since there are other coronavirus that exist out there that are much more deadly (SARS aka SARS-CoV-1 was a bit more than 10%, MERS is around 38%).    I think it is very clear that next time this happens if it happens with one of the more deadly strains... we are pretty much screwed.

Where else but in the human body does the virus mutate?

The virus mutate in vaccinated and unvaccinated people. The virus is constantly mutating in its reproduction. The genome of RNA viruses changes about 1 million times faster than the human DNA genome. My objection was to the Pepsi2005 poster, who claimed that vaccinated people create the mutational pressure. 

For your last sentence I don't see it that way. As crazy as it is, the virus doesn't actually want to kill its host.

Aminoacids_codon.png

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Where else but in the human body does the virus mutate?

The virus mutate in vaccinated and unvaccinated people. The virus is constantly mutating in its reproduction. The genome of RNA viruses changes about 1 million times faster than the human DNA genome. My objection was to the Pepsi2005 poster, who claimed that vaccinated people create the mutational pressure. 

For your last sentence I don't see it that way. As crazy as it is, the virus doesn't actually want to kill its host.

I agree with you that vaccinated people does not 'create mutational pressure'.  For the first, lets say 7 to 10 days a new virus invades a host - it basically has free rein to hijack cells which is then used to replicate more and more copies of itself.  Once your immune system learns how to fight and create the appropriate antibodies to fight the virus it starts doing effectively what a vaccine has taught your immune system to do much much earlier (and on a much smaller amount of invasive virus).   Less copying of the virus, less chance at creating a mutant copy of the virus.... and less chance of creating a mutant that is more resistant to the current antibodies.  Killing off the virus before it can create a beachhead, reduces the chances of creating more mutants.   RNA effectively does not have much error correcting, so if a bad copy is made ... it is made and not corrected.  Cell replication (DNA) replication - basically has error correction - and if there is an error it corrects it (in most cases), if it happens in a repair gene - that is when you get cancer cells - and if they are not killed (I believe by your immune system) and they replicate - you have a problem (lay persons understanding).   Every few generations of humans (during human replication ????) the Y-DNA will mutate (that is what is used to test if the blood is yours - or from a close relative), mDNA mutates less frequently.  I have a sample of my blood in one of the genealogy focused DNA test databases... so if there is a serial killer related to me... they are screwed when that is sent to the company and the company unwittingly adds them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

The more I see this smug git the more I want to smack him right between the eyes, preferably with a baseball bat ????????????

Go ahead, smack me... won't help though... arguing your point and doing research to point out my mistakes works much better...