Thailand projects doubling of daily coronavirus infections next month

snoop1130

12 hours ago, anchadian said:

An impossible task and we all know it. 

Where will all the extra med staff come from (we only see an average of 200,000 doses administered on Sat and Sun), and again, are we going to see overcrowding like say at Bang Sue station, a super spreader?

The govt needs to administer 550,00 daily doses from today to year end to achieve their target of 100m doses.

Will never happen.

I think the number of vaccination per day is due to the supply of the vaccine more than a question of logistics capability in Thailand. If Malaysia can do an average of 500000 doses per day consistently for a population half of Thailand, I don't see how Thailand can't at least match it, if they really want to. It's plain to see Thailand bet on the wrong horses in terms of vaccines in this case. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I heard from the wife’s familly village the elders are being told the first jab when available will be Sinovac not AstraZeneca as quoted above. Is it one rule for Bangkok and another for the villages? Or is it just a misprint?

They announced that a month ago - AZ first shot, sinovac second shot (bangkok and environments)....

And the reverse for the villages in provinces they have sinovac first and AZ second.  It is the govt way of getting more vaccines going at the same time.... they only receive so much AZ a month, and so much sinovac a month... so you cannot do 100% of one vaccine at the same time - and this is their answer.  Personally, of the two scenarios - I would go with sinovac first and AZ second.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

They announced that a month ago - AZ first shot, sinovac second shot (bangkok and environments)...

I don't recall that. 

Any recollection of where/who announced that.

I was advise at at Bang Sue that second shot would be AZ same as first.

The gf also advised likewise. She obtained her first AZ last Monday. (not at Bang Sue)

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So, is this an admission that the economic shutdown, which is crushing millions of lives, is not working? 

big factories are still churning out goods - we are exposed to shops closed and deserted streets so we think everything has stopped in Thailand, industrials are still running at full whack churing out their products - millions are still going to factories and working away, construction is under pressure but I bet most of it is still running, there is no lockdown in any true sense of the word 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't recall that. 

Any recollection of where/who announced that.

Pretty sure it was the health minister, and it would have been when they announced ramping up the immunization program -- and the same time they announced it as mix and match -- to which WHO said they recommended against it.   WHO's position would be normal since the three phase approval process did not test mixed vaccines and thus were not approved (in the US and many other countries) with mixing in mind (though I personally cannot see how two different vaccines many weeks apart could be worse than the worse of the two - but then I am not an expert).   I would have seen it in the other newspaper or on this newsfeed....

Lift And Let Live!

It's too late. The jig is up. Way past time to accept and live with it. The virus is  here to stay until this inept country can can vaccinate the population in an efficient manner with effective brands. 

Open up malls, parks, restaurants, beaches and pools. Open up everything, better still. Time to get on with it. Let's GO. 

Edited by Skeptic7

1 hour ago, smedly said:

how ?, you're only testing 50k a day across the whole country

exactly !!  they don't have the testing capacity.  i think we all know the cases already exceed 45k per day right now, just not 'verified'. 

The incompetence of this Government in nearly every single area is well known , even to the Thai! At last, this completely inept junta are being shown for what they are. There is resistance amongst the populace but, straight away, the Government is using lockdown to quell as much as possible. I really fear that there will be a major uprising if these idiots in power do not get this vaccine rollout organised better. Having lived here for years, I worry for the lower income Thai’s, whose very life is now at serious risk.

• Thanks 2

Jetts Gyms are extremely safe environments, they are run very efficiently, with real social distancing methods, like every second treadmill being disabled to ensure SPACE is respected/protected. Masks are worn, and staff are very efficent in cleaning surfaces constantly after use.

Look at your Khlong long boats or the cash register lines at Makro marts and tell me social distancing is being employed by people! 

A healthy person of any age is more likely to survive COVID than an unhealthy person! Most gym users really care about their own health, they wear plastic gloves, distance and wipe surfaces, etc, they also want to go UN INFECTED! The present lockdowns are NOT working. Vaccinate EVERYONE NOW that is the answer to this problem. I repeat where is the promised ONE MILLION vax per day in AUGUST??? 14th August 2021 TODAY, I don't see those huge tents outside Tesco etc being used!?

WHY NOT?

• Like 1

Thailand needs to get everyone vaccinated and not be exporting AstraZeneca to other countries.  Take care of your own people first!  Get rid of the curfew and stop the lockdown.  Masks, vaccination and social distancing....end of story.  Don't make it worse.  People are stressed out enough.

• Haha 2

Infections are on crowded places such as factories, construction areas, buses, BTS, trains, all public transport etc so let us open our restaurants, we're closed for no reason as you can see lockdown doesn't help, sorry just talking to myself in the mirror????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Current travel restrictions and containment measures in place over the past month have yet to make an impact, the taskforce said.

Well of course they haven't, as the police are evidently refusing to enforce them. I've yet to see a single report of road blocks and checkpoints enforcing the interprovincial travel ban between deep red zones and, at least in Pattaya, many people are simply ignoring the curfew, the cops don't seem to care. I assume if a lowly farang like myself is aware of this, then the authorities making these ridiculous statements are aware of the situation too, and the focus should be on getting police compliance with the government's orders, not on dreaming up some fantasy other-world of yet more restrictions. The big question, though, is why the cops are ignoring Prayut, is this a sign that his days are numbered?

15 hours ago, DLock said:

How do they define that the lockdown has been "20% effective", when numbers continue to rise?

The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so? But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"The lockdown has been 20% effective but the infections continue to rise, projected to reach about 45,000 cases per day by the start of or mid September," spokesman Taweesin Wisanuyothin told a news conference.

20 % effective over the past Month

That equates to 80 % ineffective

80 % ineffective means it just aint working.

What is the problem trying to understand this issue

lunatics really are running the Asylum.