Phuket Sandbox progressing well says CoC: 19,000 foreigners/ billion baht spent - Russians next target

webfact

17 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Great advertisement. Come to Phuket where you have to sneak about and drink illegally out of a plastic cup or coffee mug.  

What is the punishment if you get caught? 

No sense of social responsibility? Can't see Thais in other parts of the country being too enamoured hearing about foreigners breaking COVID prevention rules because they are on holiday.

And how - pray tell - can you get Covid from drinking alcohol ?

But not drinking pop ? or water ? or juice ?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ozzydon said:

instead of asking thais if it was a success how about asking the so called tourists stuck there its ok we have your money you can go home now is their attatude

Right on ! Looking at tourists purely as a source of income is fundamentally flawed. 

• Like 1

At least I have been through the program and can honestly comment on the standard of service and professionalism of this program, unlike a lot of the  commentators here who talk over a few beers with mates and know everything as usual  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lesmac said:

He said that 97% of residents of Samui had had a first dose of vaccine and the figure for Phangan was 123% and for Koh Tao 128%. How is it possible to exceed 100 percent, do they mean 23 and 28 percent have second jab

non-residence, illegal immigrates, falangs or adult children that are not in the official registry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

So to catch up with Thailand 2019 arrival numbers we only need another 39,981,000.......................????

And not in top 5, anyway: Spain had 80.000.000+ in 2019 and still second after France. 

Hmmm.

Phangan 123% and Koh Tao 128% residence vaccinated !!
Well without knowing how many of the total numbers of people living - both residents and temporally workers - those figurs mean nothing.
We all know that most of the Thai people working in the tourist industry comes from other parts of the country.
When Samui a few years ago applied for being a city they needed 40.000 registered / living on the island to considered a city.
At that time there was another 250.000 workers on the island still registered in there home community.
It's ridicules talking about 100%++++ without the proper total numbers.

5 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

One of the reasons I’ve now been waiting for a trip back home, a year and a half now, is that I don’t trust the safety of the ASQ hotels. I know that I could easily self quarantine in my own home and be absolutely safe.

Would you self-quarantine at home forever then?  Because I reckon ASQ hotels are probably safer places than your local Lotus/ market or 7-11 at present !

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, leiftheswede said:

Hmmm.

Phangan 123% and Koh Tao 128% residence vaccinated !!
Well without knowing how many of the total numbers of people living - both residents and temporally workers - those figurs mean nothing.
We all know that most of the Thai people working in the tourist industry comes from other parts of the country.
When Samui a few years ago applied for being a city they needed 40.000 registered / living on the island to considered a city.
At that time there was another 250.000 workers on the island still registered in there home community.
It's ridicules talking about 100%++++ without the proper total numbers.

On Phuket many of those registered elsewhere have left, I would presume Samui to be similar. So don't agree these numbers are meaningless.

Edited by stevenl

4 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Phangan 123% and Koh Tao 128% vacinated. I always thought you could not get more than 100%

2 hours ago, lesmac said:

He said that 97% of residents of Samui had had a first dose of vaccine and the figure for Phangan was 123% and for Koh Tao 128%. How is it possible to exceed 100 percent, do they mean 23 and 28 percent have second jab

Apparently reading the OP is too much trouble before commenting.

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Not wanting to bring fake news or saying something wrong about them wanting russians to be the next target group , i would first try to find out what the deathtoll and infection toll in russia has been the last few days before targeting them . 

Or will the headlines tommorow be           " 10milj spoetnik vaccines donated" .

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Not wanting to bring fake news or saying something wrong about them wanting russians to be the next target group , i would first try to find out what the deathtoll and infection toll in russia has been the last few days before targeting them . 

Exactly where would you look to get Russian Covid data from? You’re certainly not going to get honest data from Russia!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Exactly where would you look to get Russian Covid data from? You’re certainly not going to get honest data from Russia!

No i also don't think so, but i read something in the newspapers from my country of birth a few days ago and that news wasn't promesing . Both about deaths and infections , and about effectiveness of the rocket vaccine .