Thai made AstraZeneca vax good for visits to France and Germany, says govt spokeswoman

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Government spokeswoman Traisuree Traisaranukul responded to press queries regarding travel plans for people vaccinated with Thai produced Astra Zeneca vaccine. 

There are concerns that the Thai version of the vaccine might not be acceptable everywhere, the media noted. 

Traisuree said that all countries in Europe have their own rules and might follow EMA (European Medicines Agency) or WHO guidelines or their own regulations regarding specific vaccines. 

But she said that information from the company producing the vaccines in Thailand was that all AstraZeneca produced everywhere was of the same standard. 

She said that visits to Europe on Thai produced AZ vaccine were fine giving the example of France and Germany.

She said that regulations for visits to Ireland and the Netherlands still required 14 day quarantine.

It was unclear whether she was till referring to AstraZeneca jabs or those countries' policies in general, cautions ASEAN NOW.

Regarding France and Germany Daily News said that their research on visa websites suggested that both France and Germany were giving visas to people who had had Astra Zeneca produced and administered in Thailand. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Virt said:

What about the other way around when it comes to cross vaccinations?

Will Thailand allow tourists in without quaantine, that has gotten AZ/mRNA combo

Not yet.  Phuket Sandbox rules require the manufacturer recommended jabs for each approved vaccine which is two doses of the same vaccine.  The exception is Johnson & Johnson which of course only requires one jab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

AZ made in Thailand akin to MacDonald and Burger king where it say "We use Australian beef"

do we think they use 100% of Aussie beef? i doubt it very much...

I certainly don't want Australian beef in my serum.

• Haha 2

Think Thailand should accept vaccinated people the same way as other countries do if they want to have tourist start to come..

As long as they not do people think Thai vaccine is different due to Thai treat vaccinated people different. And makes the idea can not trust Thai product that are supposed to be equal to international standards.

This is why the Thai people themselves start to question.

Thailand more open will change a lot.

• Like 2

to me, if we’re ever going to get moving forward, there’s got to be some level of uniformity with regards to what vaccines will be “accepted” or not fir cross-border travel…

I just don’t think it’s going to be a practical situation where each and every country establishes their own list of what vaccines - and given in what countries or where it was made - are accepted.

In my head it’s kind of like how each province likes to make their own rules about inter-provincial travel and entry rules.  

I get it that each country is it own independent sovereign, but, if you’re going to have a system of global mass travel, there’s got to be some agreed upon standard by which all accept and use.. doing a country-by-country program, to me, isn’t going to work for the masses.

i DO think that in the big picture we are still at the infancy stage of covid vaccines per se.. so i do think some of these issues will eventually shakeout and some consistency and clarity emerge.. but I think the quicker that comes, the better it’s going to be for all.

Edited by new2here
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, finnsk said:

Astra Zeneca is an international compagny, give production right to different factories around the world under supervision and quality control of AZ. The same in Thailand, the local thai factory is under production and quality control of AZ. The AZ covid product should be the nearly the same all over the world.

But what is interesting is, that the thai vax administration, with this statement maybe must accept that the sino...... do not have any accept in western countries.

If an expat from the west go to his homecountry with sino..., he can get many problems.

AZ is general accepted around the world.

Maybe the world except Eu. 

i contacted the following embassies and its not accepted in the followingn spain greece portugal.as for france and germany i didnt check,its easy enough to email them but it appears those countries are the ones pushing AZ thailand away,it clearly states on the websites that they accept AZ from eu/uk s korea and india but NOT bioscience,its there in black and white,so ......its not passed by EMA and WHO is the reason rhey state

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, finnsk said:

Astra Zeneca is an international compagny, give production right to different factories around the world under supervision and quality control of AZ. The same in Thailand, the local thai factory is under production and quality control of AZ. The AZ covid product should be the nearly the same all over the world.

But what is interesting is, that the thai vax administration, with this statement maybe must accept that the sino...... do not have any accept in western countries.

If an expat from the west go to his homecountry with sino..., he can get many problems.

AZ is general accepted around the world.

Az vaccine Covishield made in India is not accepted in the EU, only AZ vaccine Vaxzevira.

• Like 2

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

The reply was removed as well. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

AZ made in Thailand akin to MacDonald and Burger king where it say "We use Australian beef"

do we think they use 100% of Aussie beef? i doubt it very much...

Vaccines are made from a substances whose composition is absolutely stipulated. Or do you these substances are plucked from trees or gathered from slaughterhouses?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

I cannot comment on the situation in France, but it is definitely true for Germany.

https://www.pei.de/DE/newsroom/dossier/coronavirus/coronavirus-inhalt.html?cms_pos=3 (German language, the Thai made AstraZeneca vaccine is listed)

https://th.ambafrance.org/Deplacements-vers-la-France

for those who can’t reach French “Vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) are Comirnaty (Pfizer & BioNTech), Spikevax (Moderna), COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen and Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) and their equivalents*; in particular the Covid-19 vaccine Astra-Zeneca produced in Thailand.”

This can be confirmed at the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products website -   https://ansm.sante.fr/uploads/2021/07/28/21072024-covid-19-vaccins-liste-noms-pays.xlsx   - where under Thailande AstraZeneca is listed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scraman said:

Az vaccine Covishield made in India is not accepted in the EU, only AZ vaccine Vaxzevira.

Not quite correct as this is a national competence issue. 18 European and Schengen countries now accept Covishield - see here.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Better inform Triumph Motorcycles, Harley-Davidson, Electrolux, Fisher & Paykel, Toyota, Mitsubishi, BMW, Michelin and a myriad of others that manufacture and produce products in Thailand!

And Yamaha motocycles in Indonesia ... workers are locals but executives are from the country of origin and they apply the original manufacturer's guideline ... of course Zeneca made in Thailand is the same than the others ; strange that there are  people who think that quality is not the same because it's made in Thailand 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Aforek said:

strange that there are  people who think that quality is not the same because it's made in Thailand 

Thailand cuts a lot of corners in almost everything they make.

Also this particular Astra Zeneca plant isnt very transparent.  Theres lots of delays and when questions arise there is never a response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1