Thai made AstraZeneca vax good for visits to France and Germany, says govt spokeswoman

webfact

18 minutes ago, andre47 said:

but for Thailand Siam Bioscience is not mentioned as "Lizenznehmer"

the Phyathai Hospital in Bangkok informed me that the vaccine is still not approved in the EU

That would be Bad news, or Phyathai Hospital did not know exactly the last Informations from the Ehrlich Institut.

I believe the latter will be the case.

Logically there is only one AZ producer in Thailand. The name of the vaccine is also correct. And is on the list as approved. I am sure the Thai hospital gave you wrong information.

Maybe not EU wide approved, but for Germany allowed.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

not if it's made in Thailand

So it's not made to exacting standards is what your trying to say. Well then do you feel the same about any other medicines you may get here that are made in the country.  My GPO meds seem to work the same as the meds in the US did. Are you also trying to say that there is a stigma attached to anything made here in Thailand.  Please expand on your view.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

wrong

How so?

I am really interested and wanting to know on this subject. I have both Googled and checked the website and to me it's unclear.

I thought I would be OK as I will have had AZ administered in Thailand but still on the list of 4 acceptable vaccines of the UK coupled with the fact the UK is telling us on the website to get vaccinated in the country of residence if possible.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

How so?

I am really interested and wanting to know on this subject. I have both Googled and checked the website and to me it's unclear.

I thought I would be OK as I will have had AZ administered in Thailand but still on the list of 4 acceptable vaccines of the UK coupled with the fact the UK is telling us on the website to get vaccinated in the country of residence if possible.

It is not important where the vaccine was administered. Only important that the administered vaccine is approved. The production facility/company must have an approval number. Regarding my information Siam Bionscience don't have this approval. Siam Bionscience just have a license from AstraZeneca but this is not enough.

I just received the following answer from the German Embassy:

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Derzeit gab es keine Probleme der Anerkennung des lokal hergestellten AstraZeneca Impfstoffes für die Rückreise nach Deutschland, sofern der Impfnachweis alle Erfordernisse gem. Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung erfüllt.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Entscheidung zur Durchführung des Transportes am Ende die jeweilige Airline fällt. Die Nachweise sind daher bei Check-In im Original zur Prüfung vorzulegen.

Die Botschaft entscheidet nicht über die Anerkennung der Impfnachweise.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I just received the following answer from the German Embassy:

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Derzeit gab es keine Probleme der Anerkennung des lokal hergestellten AstraZeneca Impfstoffes für die Rückreise nach Deutschland, sofern der Impfnachweis alle Erfordernisse gem. Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung erfüllt.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Entscheidung zur Durchführung des Transportes am Ende die jeweilige Airline fällt. Die Nachweise sind daher bei Check-In im Original zur Prüfung vorzulegen.

Die Botschaft entscheidet nicht über die Anerkennung der Impfnachweise.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag

^^ EN (google translated):

Thank you for your request.

There were currently no problems with the recognition of the locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine for the return journey to Germany, provided that the proof of vaccination meets all requirements according to the Coronavirus Entry Ordinance.

Please note that the decision to carry out the transport is ultimately made by the respective airline. The original evidence must therefore be presented for review at check-in.

The embassy does not decide on the recognition of vaccination certificates.

Kind regards

On behalf

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My wifes friend and her husband have just gone to America ,they had the Thai Astra Zenica jab

There are no vaccination requirements to enter the US only a negative covid test 3 days before departure to the US.

• Like 1

The IATA should address this ,seems to me the W H O  blew their credibility  when they asked countries not to restrict trade and travel when this virus from china started. imop 

• Like 2