Big Trees Removed from Beach

Banana7

14 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

So now if you want shade on the beach, you have to pay to the beach chair vendors. Are the people in Pattaya City Hall mentally challenged ? Why are they removing the best parts of the beach?

Answered and asked...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They dont give a rats azz if the beach chair vendors make money or not.....

But they do care a lot about trying to create a soul-less Singaporean utopia, void of any plants or trees on the beach except for unlimited plantings of the one trick pony Palm tree....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

But they do care a lot about trying to create a soul-less Singaporean utopia, void of any plants or trees on the beach except for unlimited plantings of the one trick pony Palm tree....

Have a look at some amazing photos of the pre 2013 promenade on the : Pattaya addicts - sub forum: barstool banter. topic :pattaya beach " improvement"works. Last page: post by plahget ,5 beautiful photos. This is especially for one forum member and his "agreeer"  that are either in one serious case of denial  about these projects or trolling with ridiculous comments like "minor upgrades to this and that "  Sure.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, champers said:

After protests, it seems that the tree culling has been halted. This according to the local news on Pattaya 103FM radio.

Well the pics I saw, it isn't like they can put them back. How many did we lose?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I heard that quite a few years ago now somebody, maybe City Hall or their TAT subsidiary, had sent a questionnaire to a lot of Chinese tourists asking them how they thought the beach front area could be improved. Apparently, the replies showed that the Chinese regard palm trees as highly attractive, and didn't want to see all those nasty big old shady trees with large leaves that looked just like the two trees still left standing in their home cities. And the rest, as they say, is history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Have you been to Singpore?  Yes it is carefully managed, but they have many natural beaches and parks, something you can never see in say Bangkok or Pattaya!

Yes, the pavements are even and clean, yes there is very little rubbish and yes the locals etc respect there country, they have daily beach cleaning....all the issues Thailand ignore!

Punggol-Beach.webp

Get your facts right!

East-Coast-Park-BeLazarus-Island2.webpach-Areaepb0310.webp Lazarus-Island2.webp Punggol-Beach.webp

Edited by Pdavies99

7 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Absolutely disgusting destruction.  I so miss walking along the old beach road when there was a lot of shade and no Stadium lights.  At night time, it was a quiet peaceful respite from the noisy sois and one actually felt like they were  in a tripical paradise, not a paved concrete sterile place it has become.

I had the same feeling when staying at the Siam Bayshore end of Walking Street some fifteen to twenty years ago. That whole area, including Bali Hai, had a completely different feel to it. Palm trees swaying in the breeze. Very pleasant and relaxed. Now Bali Hai is just a mess of concrete. Absolutely horrible.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I had the same feeling when staying at the Siam Bayshore end of Walking Street some fifteen to twenty years ago. That whole area, including Bali Hai, had a completely different feel to it. Palm trees swaying in the breeze. Very pleasant and relaxed. Now Bali Hai is just a mess of concrete. Absolutely horrible.

Yes.  My first visit was in 2004.   I had photos of flower beds in the walkway on the north end of Beach road.  It was beautiful.  That bali Hai concrete overhaul is nonsense

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Says it all about the future of Pattaya

IMG_20210818_113911.jpg

They were in such a desperate hurry to get rid of all the shade trees (before anyone noticed) that they did not even have time to cut the trees down....

I also can't wait to see the disaster of the underground toilets....People have just been walking across the street and using a toilet for the last 50 years without a problem 

Edited by redwood1

"The Mayor stated.

“As for the Pattaya Beach area, we have studied every tree on the beach. We have built a design which limits the number of trees that have to be constantly groomed, trimmed, cut, or removed.”

S__11395416.jpg

“...Some beach operators and vendors specifically grew the trees over the years to help shadow against the hot sun.” The Mayor explained

“However, these larger trees ...tend to attract insects, birds and other types of wildlife...” The Mayor added.

It's crystal clear: They want a completely dead beach, without shade, trees to take care of, birds or life of any kind.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/18/update-pattaya-mayor-addresses-the-status-of-the-pattaya-beach-remodel-project/

• Thanks 1