Thailand reports 20,902 new COVID-19 cases, 301 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

A message from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports: “Prepare to charge your battery in Hua Hin. Foreigners can travel without quarantine. Starts from 1st October 2021” #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428205163664220165

Now where did I hear this before....

"Hua Hin Recharge project says the plan is to inoculate at least 70% of local residents, and 100% of those in the tourism sector."

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, starky said:

48k tests for the whole day? As we all know is pathetic.  New South Wales which has a population of only 8 million surpassed 120k tests yesterday in a single day.

Some countries take the pandemic seriously, even though numbers are manageable, while other countries don't, even though new cases are very high, in fact the highest per population in all of SE Asia. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

So 12% of the total Thai deaths were in the last 4 days. 

Interesting point. Allow me to add if you will. 19 days of fatalities this month then would be around 40% of the total. Add July til now and it's about 75% of all covid fatalities in Thailand have occurred in the last 6.5 wks. July 1 had 2,080 recorded deaths. Today 8,586. More than 1000 per wk on average for this period. An average of 1,000 deaths a wk from covid puts Thailand in or around the top ten worse countries for weekly covid deaths.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

7 year old living alone after whole family contracts Covid, officials ask neighbours to help out

A 7 year old is living by himself after his 8 family members who also lived with him tested positive for Covid. Since the boy, identified as Bass, is the only family member not to test positive for Covid, he got to stay behind in his home in Nonthaburi, the province just outside of Bangkok.

A local rescue team, RX PSU, and other officials have visited Bass’s house. They confirmed that there are usually 9 people living in the house and that Bass is the only one to test negative for Covid. He was even given another Covid test recently and it still came back negative.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/7-year-old-living-alone-after-whole-family-contracts-covid-officials-ask-neighbours-to-help-out

Holy Hell, where is social services, just ludicrous to leave a 7 year old alone.  My GF's daughter is 7 and can just barely take care of herself.  Cooking is out and so how does this young boy get food everyday?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

A message from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports: “Prepare to charge your battery in Hua Hin. Foreigners can travel without quarantine. Starts from 1st October 2021” #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428205163664220165

Is that for all including Domestic travel?  I would definitely head back down to Hua Hin for a nice break from the city.

• Like 1

This is - to my knowledge - the first time in weeks that PM @prayutofficial

has given this kind of public statement and even outside of Govt House as well after he more or less isolated himself there and with most of the cabinet and staff doing #WFH. #COVID19

Quote Tweet

PM @prayutofficial said easing lockdown is being considered for after end of August. He urged people not to participate in illegal activities and Thailand needs to live with the pandemic peacefully. #โควิด19

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1428233146022072322

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Holy Hell, where is social services, just ludicrous to leave a 7 year old alone.  My GF's daughter is 7 and can just barely take care of herself.  Cooking is out and so how does this young boy get food everyday?

Unfortunately Social Services Child Protection is not a priority here in Thailand, very sad. Lets hope none of his parents pay the ultimate price of covid, there's been more than 5000 children lost their parents here already.

• Like 1

Today there were 301 deaths in #Thailand

171 males & 130 females

14 foreigners died (including 1 Chinese & 1 American)

Median age is 65 (26 years-105 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (79)

61% of those who died were 60+

4 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428233994227773442

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

But, But, But I will be double vaxxed, yet the GF wont be, but wait she has tested negative twice now for Covid and the same as I, but wait we are not welcome, just a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slightly off topic, but I'd like to ask the statisticians here if they can help compile the following:

1- Total actual vaccines received by Thailand.  (Not committed, ordered, expected.... actual deliveries that have reached Thailand). 

2- A breakdown of those vaccines (Sino, Pfizer, Astra, etc.).

3- The number of vaccines given thus far (I know that's here, but it would be nice to have it all together).  

I'd be interested to see how all the numbers add up and compare.  

One additional thing:  Maybe it's here and I'm missing it, but if every day a list of Covid cases by province could be posted, that would be helpful.  

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

Slightly off topic, but I'd like to ask the statisticians here if they can help compile the following:

1- Total actual vaccines received by Thailand.  (Not committed, ordered, expected.... actual deliveries that have reached Thailand). 

2- A breakdown of those vaccines (Sino, Pfizer, Astra, etc.).

3- The number of vaccines given thus far (I know that's here, but it would be nice to have it all together).  

I'd be interested to see how all the numbers add up and compare.  

One additional thing:  Maybe it's here and I'm missing it, but if every day a list of Covid cases by province could be posted, that would be helpful.  

Some of what you look for is here ... maybe take it with a grain or two of salt as wiki are not always that accurate:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccination_in_Thailand

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sorry if its the same as the Phuket sandbox then no alcohol allowed and bars are closed (currently). Open a restaurant instead and buy us all a lemonade!

I wonder how that can work?  Today people from Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand are travelling to Hua Hin for short breaks and (presumably) not quarantining.  If it's not being enforced now for domestic tourists and weekenders, I doubt it will be when restrictions have been relaxed in October.  Of course, bars may still be closed.