Shops opening in Pattaya malls: Photos and Banks

moogradod

It was in the press: Bank Branches and two other kinds of shops should have been allowed to open in malls like Central Festival from August 18, 2021, on.

We went there one day later and none of them were open.

Any idea when those would open (in Big C Extra as well) for we have to do some banking business and need professional photos for immigration.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, moogradod said:

t was in the press: Bank Branches and two other kinds of shops should have been allowed to open in malls like Central Festival from August 18, 2021, on.

The article  saw was, I think, in connection with Bangkok - nothing to do with Chonburi.

if I am correct would explain the lack of opening :smile:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

banks outside malls are still open as well.

Yes, we have visited two of them. But some branches in Chonburi are only to be found inside Central and what we need to do can only be done at specific banks. My wife has quite a number of different accounts.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

I prefer to do my paperwork at home for I have all in digital form. Printing out is a no brainer and then I can check everything as well to get a perfect application - in the right order etc. Appearance pays off by the way - and this not only in Thailand.

The only thing missing are 2 passport photos. Hope I do not need to drive to Bangkok ????. But you are right - just next to the Immigration Office there is this shop that does photos as well I think. Well - still really have a lot of time left but I love to think ahead.

I was there 2 days ago.  Shop is open.  They did my photo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

I prefer to do my paperwork at home for I have all in digital form. Printing out is a no brainer and then I can check everything as well to get a perfect application - in the right order etc. Appearance pays off by the way - and this not only in Thailand.

The only thing missing are 2 passport photos. Hope I do not need to drive to Bangkok ????. But you are right - just next to the Immigration Office there is this shop that does photos as well I think. Well - still really have a lot of time left but I love to think ahead.

You realise Immigration do photos, 6 for 150 baht, cheaper than outside

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

SCB in Big C Central Road was open yesterday. 

Interesting as I was there about 3.30 today and it was most definitely closed. Maybe opening weekdays and limited times?

17 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I was there 2 days ago.  Shop is open.  They did my photo

I need to get new passport photos done, but would prefer not to have to go all tge way to immigration. (I live well to the North of Pattaya). Anyone know if any central Pattaya photoshops are open, or where I can find one of those kiosk type machines?

10 hours ago, topt said:

Interesting as I was there about 3.30 today and it was most definitely closed. Maybe opening weekdays and limited times?

yes, I think that may well be the case, as it was most definitely open on Friday, and Thursday as I was there both days, not at the bank, but in Big C. 

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Re the passport photos.  When you do get them done, get about 30 copies.  I've been using the same picture for at least 6 years for everything from annual visa renewal to D/L renewal, police report, you name it. They never look at the pic.  You could probably attach a photo of your dog and it would pass muster.

I simply used to pop into one of those boxes that take passport pictures that can be found after the check-out in nearly every UK supermarket.... did it a couple of times, every trip to the UK, and kept my stock of pics up, and current, that way. Now, with Covid, no pics, no razors, no shaving foam, and no tea bags left!

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 1:23 AM, moogradod said:

With the quality of many smart phone or web cams, I would think you could take and print out an acceptable passport photo from home.  Might need a thick paper stock in your printer so it looks more like the photo was done at some store?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

With the quality of many smart phone or web cams, I would think you could take and print out an acceptable passport photo from home.  Might need a thick paper stock in your printer so it looks more like the photo was done at some store?

I have even semi-professional SLR equipment plus a A3 8 cartridge Photo Printer etc. HOWEVER the problems are:

1. Paper: You need real photo paper - I actually never bothered looking for any - no idea if they sell it somewhere and even if they would - not now I reckon.

2. Next problem in your home is: Light ! For a portrait you need to eliminate the small shadows in the face unless you want to look like a zombie. Not impossible with several light sources but then ...... is it worth that ? No.

Hope they open within about 3 weeks. If they dont they face the anger of small business owners more and more. I know it is a difficult decision. Maybe just small shops with a maximum number of customers allowed  inside in the beginning.