New Phuket order revises conditions for suspending Sandbox scheme

Jonathan Fairfield

1629527939_1-org.jpeg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew (left) at the meeting at Provincial Hall yesterday (Aug 20). Photo: PPHO

PHUKET: A new provincial order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has revised the conditions required for determining whether or not officials are to suspend the Phuket Sandbox scheme in light of the current high number of COVID-19 infections across the island.

The revised conditions came in Phuket Provincial Order No. 4781/2564 issued yesterday (Aug 20), which was introduced with immediate effect.

The order was announced during a major meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall in Phuket Town, to which the presidents and mayors of all major municipalities across the island were called to attend.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-phuket-order-revises-conditions-for-suspending-sandbox-scheme-81132.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-22

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So when even 10% of tourists are confirmed positive (after 10+ days) they will still keep it open because it's the farrang fault and nothing to do with catching it in Phuket off the the local population. Dirty unwashed farrang, they should look closer to home in their own population,.

• Like 1

I'm doing the sandbox now and i'm seeing foreigners going out at night to places of entertainment siting drinking and smoking mingling with locals and others mostly not wearing masks with no care in the world and that no wonder why few dozens of them foreigners found to be infected while in Phuket...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Hey look I am still alive nobody murdered me yet in Phuket - wonderful

Well I read an article which was quite insistent that they caught the murderer already, surely there's not another one out there?

Edited by ukrules

3 hours ago, Gold Star said:

With tourist arrival rates of 1% of normal, it is almost already suspended.

However, at least it gives an alternative to a 14 day ASQ for those coming back to Thailand.

Thanks for showing you don't understand the principle.

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I wonder where the forthcoming lamda and epsilon outbreaks will start and whether the Thai miracle vaccine cocktail of AZ+SV will work wonders with them. 

What's wrong with AZ? Phizer is only 39% against delta.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I wonder where the forthcoming lamda and epsilon outbreaks will start and whether the Thai miracle vaccine cocktail of AZ+SV will work wonders with them. 

Does this kind of make you think that there will be no end to this? The new varient of the week? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wasabi said:

Farang must now confirm they were not raped or murdered every day.  If that is what Thailand calls a vacation I think I will just stay home.

That is what happens when you put someone with limited capacity in charge, or use another word, incompetent. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

PHUKET: A new provincial order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has revised the conditions required for determining whether or not officials are to suspend the Phuket Sandbox scheme in light of the current high number of COVID-19 infections across the island.

Now let me guess... raise the number of infections from 90 per day to lets say a round 1,000?

And we can slip in another 0 if needed later.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, schlog said:

Uturn number 4 laaa?

Stop that order show.....open pools, open restaurants, open bars, open gyms, open sarasin bridge, open airport.... open all and go on with life!

Yeah lets pretend people aren't dying... life must go on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yeah lets pretend people aren't dying... life must go on.

How many COVID-19 deaths on Phuket since the sandbox started? And how many of those deaths are sandbox related?

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

How about this one?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

I only posted to highlight the idiocy of picking vaccines like picking cars based on brand. Phizer must be best because... et al. AZ followed by Phizer is supposed to be better than Phizer followed by AZ.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

How about this one?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

I only posted to highlight the idiocy of picking vaccines like picking cars based on brand. Phizer must be best because... et al. AZ followed by Phizer is supposed to be better than Phizer followed by AZ.

What is Phizer ?