Rewnewing Extension of Stay Documents : Do I sign every page of every document submitted ?

Had this debate with my wife who refused to sign anything until asked by the IO (Jomtien) so I didn't either. IO was not fussed and after she sorted papers passed to junior for both to sign which only took a couple of mins as she indicated which she wanted signed. Believe we only signed the copies for HQ.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Retfed50 said:

I never sign anything until they ask me. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't!

I agree, I wait to sign until they stamped the paper and point it at me where to sign! (but need a massage for my arm from my wife afterwards ????)

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I do ,and date it.... maybe some offices don't require this , but better to do it , BLUE PEN 

10 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I sign and date every copied document in blue pen. 

9 hours ago, fishtank said:

Sign all copies in blue ink.

Black ink or blue ink, it makes no difference.   Next thing some poster will be telling us what shade of blue to use.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Black ink or blue ink, it makes no difference.   Next thing some poster will be telling us what shade of blue to use.

Here you go again... all official Government documents must be signed or filled in 

with a blue pen, of cause you know better, until you don't . been a Liverpool supporter

I suppose you use a red pen ????

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I bet no application has ever been rejected for signatures on copies with non blue ink!

The elephant in the room is...  has any brave soul opted to offer their right thumbprint in lieu of a signature, and if so, was it black or blue?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, MJCM said:

I agree, I wait to sign until they stamped the paper and point it at me where to sign! (but need a massage for my arm from my wife afterwards ????)

Signing all my copies I like to count out loud as I go, just for a bit of a laugh, 30! 40! 59!! then when I go to collect my extension 60 61! :cheesy: just to say the staff find it amusing too.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Signing all my copies I like to count out loud as I go, just for a bit of a laugh, 30! 40! 59!! then when I go to collect my extension 60 61! :cheesy: just to say the staff find it amusing too.

I sign mine before leaving the house to do my extension. Careful now to do the signature with enough space for them do their stamp over them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I sign mine before leaving the house to do my extension. Careful now to do the signature with enough space for them do their stamp over them.

That's quite a good point UJ, sign documents NOT at the bottom cos they do have one BIG stamp that goes over some signatures....

A bit off topic.... At Phuket yesterday, the nice happy IO removed my TN6 and stapled it into another page. The TM6 had been stapled in a week earlier when I transferred stamps to my new passport. My each IO has a personal preference ....

26 minutes ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

A bit off topic.... At Phuket yesterday, the nice happy IO removed my TN6 and stapled it into another page. The TM6 had been stapled in a week earlier when I transferred stamps to my new passport. My each IO has a personal preference ....

Immigration has moved mine when it was on a blank page needed for my next extension (forgot to move it myself) to a page with an extension stamp on it already.

I purposely leave some documents unsigned or left out completely (but in my bag).  It gives the IO a sense of superiority  and keeps him/her from having to come up with some harder to provide requirement like 6 copies of my dog's birth certificate or photos of all my in-laws printed on green paper etc. 

In this way the officer has shown he knows more than a farang, he feels complete, and the application will then proceed smoothly.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:05 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Guarantee if I staple the TM7 pages together, they'll remove the staple

You're lucky they let you proceed, because both sides of the TM7 are supposed to be on one piece of paper.

• Haha 1

My experience, not only in Thailand:

the more stupid and incompetent the bureaucratic officers are, the more pedantic and wicked are they with unessential issues/problems.

i.e.: blue or black coloured signatures. etc.

Never have had a problem with the colour of a signature in Mae Hong Son, now Pai.