COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

webfact

5 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

There are 70 provinces in Thailand…5 unreported deaths in each province would not raise any red flags but would be 350 deaths in total…I think number of deaths is actually easier to hide than any other number (apart from vaccines administered).

This number of unreported deaths would be possible even without intention to deceive. While any manipulation is bad, having actual deaths double reported is not exactly a cause for alarm, when we've seen actual deaths double in under two weeks. Ten times or more the deaths on the other hand, that's not something that can get missed by chance.

Edited by jacob29

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Real disconnect with official covid case numbers decreasing and official positivity rates increasing to new all time highs.

We all know that positive walk in cases are always high, around the 40% mark.

Now we see official confirmation that rapid testing is decreasing but its positivity rate is increasing to a new all time high of 23.53%, this is Thailand wide.

For Bangkok, pro active testing is also sharply decreasing yet positivity rates are again at an all time high of 17.63%

There is only one conclusion to draw, of course it confirms the spread is still there, they have just decreased testing and simply not testing enough.

The Rural Doctors Association confirms they have the capacity to carry out more than 100,000 pcr lab tests daily but again the official figures that they do is half that. Why? Its not lack of resources, its not lack of test kits, they were given free over a million by the Swiss government.

Yet we have some posters on here who claim its a conspiracy theroy to believe the numbers are fudged.....yet here is the proof.

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/230864.pdf

data 23 aug 7.png

data 23 aug 8.png

The reasoning is they need to save money for the grand reopening of Thsiland and the money can not be spent on a waning virus. Well waning due to reduced testing in my book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi governor orders the temporary closure of a worker camp and company in Si Racha and Ban Bueng due to Covid-19 concerns

The order was posted by the Chonburi Public Relations office last night. The orders conclude, “Many Covid -19 confirmed cases were being found at worker camps and companies in the Chonburi area.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/23/chonburi-governor-orders-the-temporary-closure-of-a-worker-camp-and-company-in-si-racha-and-ban-bueng-due-to-covid-19-concerns/

Rapid tested positive, no worries, bubble and seal for them, nothing further heard of the matter. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly what's your game? I use the numbers given by the MOPH and published herein these pages and in the media, even when we know they are not completely correct based upon the testing that they are not doing and then the fact that they are not counting the ATK positives as a case.  Yesterdays Udon Thani cases were below 100, yet today they are back up again.  The numbers in Udon Thani porpoise continually, up one day down the next, and so on.  I have no clue, nor do I know the reasons for the climb in some of the areas, and neither do you.  Either accept the fact that the reality is what it is, and the reduction in testing via PCR is one of the reasons the actual daily cases are down at this point.  Could it just be a weekend blip for total cases, while some areas have grown upwards, well that is anybody's guess.  They have the potential and ability to complete and process 100,000 tests a day.  Why they are not is a mystery to me and many others.  Maybe you have the answers to that one.  I follow Udon Thani because that is where many of my family, well my ex-wife's family, lives and I am still friends with them and others in the family. 

Do I believe that the actual numbers are what is actually published, well no I do not, but I have no other numbers to go on and make my comments based upon what can be seen from those published.  You want to believe they are all going down, well good on your view, it is just not my view at this point.  Would I like to see it go down, Yes I would.  Would I like for the restrictions to be lifted, of course, but then we have to look at the risk involved.  Are the numbers down also because of the Bubble and Seal being used on factories and companies and thus numbers are not being reported or tested in those facilities, well we may never know now will me.  It is all smoke and mirrors.  The same goes with the vaccinations.  Watching Channel 3 news right now and they are reviewing the numbers stated as being vaccinated and are finding an issue with clarity as folks receiving boosters are being counted in those stats as well which is causing some confusion.  A doctor interviewed is stating that the numbers may be off by as many as 5 million vaccinations and whatever they are going to do they need to up the vaccinations by 5 million more a month to get ahead of a new potential wave.

Probably better to let ups n downs of this nature to go thru to the keeper till a firm pattern developes,ratherthan posting about a small increase.Just my thought as I too watch daily figures in Kalasin which have been down over the last few days.

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

‘Looks like some have increases over yesterday's numbers, like Udon Thani.’

That was your post. 

So you don’t believe them, but you believe them enough to make conclusions that some have increased from the day before that were  published. 

But when the number of daily infections go down, you don’t believe what is published and spend hours finding reasons not to believe them. 

Calm yourself.

It doesn't matter what any of us think of the figures.

The only thing that matters is the pressure on the Thai health care system.

Just watching a BBC interview with a young guy who's had long covid for a year. Used to going skiing every year.

A lot of stories like this.

Any pressure on the Thai health care system and BKK will be shutdown in an instant.

Apart from expats, business people or hardcore mongers very few will return to Thailand with that threat dangling over their heads.

• Like 2

I was just informed by Dep DG of Dept of Disease Control that his dept has instructed ALL provincial health offices nationwide to begin making appointments w/ Expatvac registrants. Provinces’ response time vary. Hospitals shld start contacting this +following weeks. Pls check.

DDC has also requested provincial health offices to assign an English speaking officer to be in charge of this coordination.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1429757558395338763

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GStewart70 said:

Calm yourself.

It doesn't matter what any of us think of the figures.

The only thing that matters is the pressure on the Thai health care system.

Just watching a BBC interview with a young guy who's had long covid for a year. Used to going skiing every year.

A lot of stories like this.

Any pressure on the Thai health care system and BKK will be shutdown in an instant.

Apart from expats, business people or hardcore mongers very few will return to Thailand with that threat dangling over their heads.

Surely if that was going to happen ("Any pressure on the Thai health care system and BKK will be shutdown in an instant") it would have happened by now.  The Thai health system has had its problems, but has coped reasonably well with the worst of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Surely if that was going to happen ("Any pressure on the Thai health care system and BKK will be shutdown in an instant") it would have happened by now.  The Thai health system has had its problems, but has coped reasonably well with the worst of it.

On another subject, I think you asked me for an update on the Phuket Sandbox School model that the education authorities have implemented there. 

Just got an email from the school who did a survey with the parents and as expected its been rejected by 85% of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm talking about the future.

UK is still at 30000 plus cases a day. Schools go back next week.

Yes, vaccination protects but still a small percentage of vaccinated ending up in hospital. Plus the non vaccinated.

When do the vaccines wane?

I hope none of this comes to pass but i don't think this is over by a long shot.

• Sad 1

Thailand to buy 60 mln doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine in 2022

BANGKOK, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Thailand expects to receive 61 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine this year and has plans to buy an additional 60 million doses in 2022, a government spokesperson said on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-buy-60-mln-doses-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-2022-2021-08-23/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rhacsyn said:

For anybody down near Patthalung area and looking to get vaccinated, my friend from UK got his first Pfizer jab there today as part of the 240 doses sent there and donated by US. Second jab booked for 14th September.  AZ was also being administered.

He is just under 60 and has no underlying illness or business interests. He registered last Thursday and got an appointment for today.

I will revert with booking details and if anything is left!

Passed along on another board as well.

Gosh it’s so lucky for Prayut and Anutin that the numbers are rolling over just before the no confidence debate. Soon they will be able to fully reopen tourism and onwards to a general election in the New Year before the 4th waves gets going.

2 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Many of you have finally found your passion in life: covid. And I will be damned if it is not true if this all ended tomorrow these same people would be inwardly upset… I dont get to mock nomaskers and no vaxxers anymore? What am I gonna do with myself. 

If people would actually self analyze, which they won’t, they’d find this all to be true. Covid is this decade’s (or two) festering itch for the angst that past generations experienced via depressions and world wars. 

So you came to this forum and op to wind some folks up. Covid is not all things debatable in this world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacob29 said:

This number of unreported deaths would be possible even without intention to deceive. While any manipulation is bad, having actual deaths double reported is not exactly a cause for alarm, when we've seen actual deaths double in under two weeks. Ten times or more the deaths on the other hand, that's not something that can get missed by chance.

I've been thinking about this. Last year a lot one here wanted to see pnuemonia deaths figures. It's something I would like to see. Have there been excess deaths from pnuemonia especially in the last four months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Many of you have finally found your passion in life: covid. And I will be damned if it is not true if this all ended tomorrow these same people would be inwardly upset… I dont get to mock nomaskers and no vaxxers anymore? What am I gonna do with myself. 

If people would actually self analyze, which they won’t, they’d find this all to be true. Covid is this decade’s (or two) festering itch for the angst that past generations experienced via depressions and world wars. 

Personally I would not call going on 4,500,000 deaths a "festering itch". That's close to 20% of the total population of Australia. To compare this to WWI, WWII and the great depression is simply nonsence.