Lazada Wallet Registration for Foreigners.

phetphet

3 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Try Shoppee, maybe?

shoppee wallet registration for me was impossible in the app, it asked for a thai ID card number on the last step of the registration ????. Also shoppee doesn't take foreign credit cards, at least not Canadian (can't enter a postal code with letters) and when I messaged them they said they only accept thai credit cards.

I registered for lazada, just waiting on the verification proccess.

Edited by dj230

Yeah, they fixed it for foreigners a couple of years back ???? 

Foreign users of TrueMoney Wallet are now being asked to provide further ID on top of the passport asked for when registering a WP or pink ID seem to be the options. I would not be surprised if Lazada Wallet ended up going the same way ????

Like the need for ID when getting a Rabbit or MRT card these requirements are from AMLO rather than the organisations themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A related question.

I started paying for some Lazada orders via direct bank account transfer (after checking the reputation of the shops). 

I'm not really worried about returns for the kinds of things I usually order,  but sometimes vendors do just cancel orders.

In such cases assuming a legitimate vendor, can they just transfer the money directly back into my account, or if not, what if anything?

While on the subject of Lazada - I have tried several times to register a debit/credit card - 1 Thai, 1 UK - each time I get a reply saying sorry - glitch, or words to that  effect. I have asked Lazada to explain but they never reply. So I always end up C.O.D. Others here seem able to pay by card.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

15 hours ago, dj230 said:

shoppee wallet registration for me was impossible in the app, it asked for a thai ID card number on the last step of the registration ????. Also shoppee doesn't take foreign credit cards, at least not Canadian (can't enter a postal code with letters) and when I messaged them they said they only accept thai credit cards.

I registered for lazada, just waiting on the verification proccess.

It was also impossible for me on the Shopee app, but after a moderately lengthy back-and-forth on their support chat I found out that registering through the Shopee Pay app instead (a separate app...) lets you use a passport number - there's a little toggle at the top of the screen that allows you to flip between Thai ID and Passport. It was still complicated in terms of getting photos of myself and my passport that were acceptable to them, but eventually it did work.

You are unfortunately quite correct that Shopee, unlike Lazada, doesn't take foreign credit cards, which is irritating to me but not a deal-breaker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flossie35 said:

While on the subject of Lazada - I have tried several times to register a debit/credit card - 1 Thai, 1 UK - each time I get a reply saying sorry - glitch, or words to that  effect. I have asked Lazada to explain but they never reply. So I always end up C.O.D. Others here seem able to pay by card.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Can't help there. I always pay by bank transfer via the Lazada app on my phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

It was also impossible for me on the Shopee app, but after a moderately lengthy back-and-forth on their support chat I found out that registering through the Shopee Pay app instead (a separate app...) lets you use a passport number - there's a little toggle at the top of the screen that allows you to flip between Thai ID and Passport. It was still complicated in terms of getting photos of myself and my passport that were acceptable to them, but eventually it did work.

You are unfortunately quite correct that Shopee, unlike Lazada, doesn't take foreign credit cards, which is irritating to me but not a deal-breaker.

thank you, will do that, i actually coincidentally thought of that this morning while scrolling through the app store and noticing the shopee wallet app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flossie35 said:

I noticed theres some really choppy security system in thailand for their apps, I'm guessing theres a lot of fraud

Lazada told me I needed to send my passport in for verification to add my credit card, it worked for smaller purchases but i tried making bigger purchases and they blocked my account from using credit cards

Also grab seems to have the same issue, I made 4 orders in one day and they blocked me using credit cards, have to use cash now, pain in the ass so i just use food panda.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phetphet said:

That stopped working for me and I was pushed towards the Wallet a few months back.  Registration was easy on my phone, impossible on PC.  Now I just keep it topped up, no issues yet.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

You say register a card. Ivenver registered any card, I just put in my details at time of purchase.  With Thai debit cards you have to enable them for online purchases before they will work if you haven't done that.

Thank you.  Sorry, when I said register I just meant that I put in my details, Not sure enabled my debit card - it hasn't always worked online maybe because I haven't. Will check. And maybe they don't like foreign cards.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Thanks for suggestion. I must get the app. But I have to go to bank in Chiang Mai to do that and now I'm in Maehongson, so will have to wait for lifting of covid restrictions.

9 hours ago, tonray said:

All refunds that I have received go directly back into my Kasikorn account, which is what I used to pay up front. I never understood the voucher/wallet thing unless you were not paying by local bank account maybe ? 

Well, coincidentally, I just has a vendor cancel on me today that I had paid by online banking transfer. They did NOT send the refund back to my bank account. They sent it to  Lazada Pay which I do not have! So now I must register for Lazada Pay if I want the refund. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, coincidentally, I just has a vendor cancel on me today that I had paid by online banking transfer. They did NOT send the refund back to my bank account. They sent it to  Lazada Pay which I do not have! So now I must register for Lazada Pay if I want the refund. 

Thai bank account ? I use debit card to pay...not direct transfer...maybe different. I think with bank transfers tghe reecipient never gets your full account number which means they cannot refund thru that method. Makes sense.

Edited by tonray

1 hour ago, flossie35 said:

Thanks for suggestion. I must get the app. But I have to go to bank in Chiang Mai to do that and now I'm in Maehongson, so will have to wait for lifting of covid restrictions.

Not sure what you mean. You can download both Lazada's and your bank's app from the App store (or should be able to.)

Providing you already have internet banking you should be able to set up without going to the bank.

I normally buy the item, then go to Payment > Click on Bank Transfer as method of payment > Copy the order number (take note of final cost of item) > Go to my Bank App > Payment > Search for Payserv (Payserv123) > Paste the order code in first box > Enter phone number in second box > Enter final cost.

That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Another alternative you can use if it suits you:

Contact Customer Services through the chat function at the bottom of the page. Explain the situation, tell them you don't have Lazada Wallet and ask if they could give you vouchers instead They will send you vouchers for use when you want. They just sit in your voucher wallet

I have done this before.

HTH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Carlosm said:

If you pay by card it goes back to your account but if you pay by C.O.D. it goes to your Lazada wallet .... which is a pain in the ass.

Also if you pay by bank transfer (payserve) then if the order is cancelled by Lazada ,the refund goes into your Lazada Wallet but to get that money one has to contact Lazada Customer Service to verify ones ID and the order , then they send you an email to complete / return in order to have the money refunded to your bank account .  Bit of a pain but never never lost any monies and generally good service ( which is not what I hear about Shopee ! ) 

14 hours ago, phetphet said:

Not sure what you mean. You can download both Lazada's and your bank's app from the App store (or should be able to.)

Providing you already have internet banking you should be able to set up without going to the bank.

I normally buy the item, then go to Payment > Click on Bank Transfer as method of payment > Copy the order number (take note of final cost of item) > Go to my Bank App > Payment > Search for Payserv (Payserv123) > Paste the order code in first box > Enter phone number in second box > Enter final cost.

That's pretty much it.

Thanks - I've been mis-advised. Will follow your suggestions.

I recently started trying paying by bank transfer vs. tried and true COD.  It's not looking good. First the cancelled order and today an order of 3 items but only 2 sent. It was obvious from the look of the package that there wasn't room for 3 items so in this case I could have refused the order with grounds if it had been COD. 

On 8/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, dj230 said:

Also grab seems to have the same issue, I made 4 orders in one day and they blocked me using credit cards, have to use cash now, pain in the ass so i just use food panda.

Not trying to use Lazada but am trying to use Grab. It seems like grab doesn't work reliably with foreign credit cards and non-Thais can't use grab wallet. Does this mean that tourists basically can only use cash with grab?

Grab Food has prepaid coupons, where you pay a fixed amount of money for future discounts on deliveries. As I understand it, these work only when you pay for the delivery with Grab's system (not cash). This makes not being to pay electronically a burden.

Does anyone know which of these apps "just works" without a lot of hassle? Messing around with apps, calling my bank at home, etc. are not how I want to spend my time.

5 hours ago, wanderingengine said:

Not trying to use Lazada but am trying to use Grab. It seems like grab doesn't work reliably with foreign credit cards and non-Thais can't use grab wallet. Does this mean that tourists basically can only use cash with grab?

Grab Food has prepaid coupons, where you pay a fixed amount of money for future discounts on deliveries. As I understand it, these work only when you pay for the delivery with Grab's system (not cash). This makes not being to pay electronically a burden.

Does anyone know which of these apps "just works" without a lot of hassle? Messing around with apps, calling my bank at home, etc. are not how I want to spend my time.

I contacted grab, they said they blocked my account and asked for pictures of my bank statement/credit card. happened before and this is the second time

lineman has been amazing and food panda for food, 0 issues, lazada is better than shopee in terms of foreign credit cards but I find shopee has more sellers/better prices.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, dj230 said:

I contacted grab, they said they blocked my account and asked for pictures of my bank statement/credit card. happened before and this is the second time

lineman has been amazing and food panda for food, 0 issues, lazada is better than shopee in terms of foreign credit cards but I find shopee has more sellers/better prices.

Thanks. Grab never asked me to send them anything. I wouldn't know how to ask them to ask me... Anyway, Foodpanda seems to be easy to use all around and is handling all of my deliveries now.

19 hours ago, wanderingengine said:

Thanks. Grab never asked me to send them anything. I wouldn't know how to ask them to ask me... Anyway, Foodpanda seems to be easy to use all around and is handling all of my deliveries now.

so grab got back to me, sent my passport, credit cards and re-activated my account

foodpanda has been great as well as lineman

I prefer foodpanda and grab because they take american express, nice to get aeroplan points for a free flight back home