Thailand on track to get 100 million shots in arms by year end, official says

webfact

48 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

They may have the doses but who really wants them as most people that I know who take the AZ jabs are sick. And as weeks go by they are still sick.

Out of interest what are the symptoms of sickness from AZ shot/shots?

2 hours ago, lks7689 said:

If Malaysia with half the population can do average of 500000 doses perday for months, I think Thailand can do it, IF there are enough vaccine supply and delivered on a timely manner. 

Malaysia have increased their shots per day recently as more vaccines were secured. They were struggling with low shots of 100 k in the early stages. For example, 420,164 doses were administered on Aug 24 and 398,578 doses a day before. Thailand need to pick up on the vaccination numbers per day and vaccine supply will be the determinant factor.   

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Out of interest what are the symptoms of sickness from AZ shot/shots?

Some are different that others but all have sever headaches some are very weak but can't sleep. These are all Thai people maybe it has to do with blood type?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Yesterday Astra Zeneca to deliver 61 million doses ......... Now only 7 million doses a month 4x7 = 28 million and the new of yesterday if the 61 ???? short of 31 million doses.. Fake news was forbidden I believe, but the Government can do what they want... Pfizer and Moderna still unknown and Sinovac will fill the gap

You forgot the impact of the robotic vaccine dose measuring machine coming out of Chula.

It works like magic and pffffft......just like that it turns 6 doses in 12 !

1 hour ago, CygnusX1 said:

With the massive amount of criticism the Thai Govt’s been receiving on this forum, you might compare this to wealthy first world Australia, where I’m having to wait over 2 months for my first shot, even though I’m over 60 and am happy to get AZ rather than the gold standard Pfizer.

I think in Australia it depends not only on how early you got in, but also where you are. We are in a small country town in Nth Eastern NSW, which has its' own hospital. Up until about three weeks ago, they couldn't give AZ away in this State as many were scared of the well-reported side effects. As I'm over sixty & could only get AZ, I initially decided to hang out for the Pfizer jab, especially as we have been pretty much isolated from covid in this area since the start. Once Covid-delta got out of control & started spreading like an Aussie bushfire & folks started dying, even slackers like me got on the wagon. We are only 600M from the local hospital, so I called and got my first AZ jab the following week, which was exactly 2 weeks ago. My Thai wife is 49, so she qualifies for the Pfizer vax. I called the government covid clinic in the nearest city & she indeed was given a date in late September for her first shot. After booking it, I then called the local hospital (which I should have done first) and she was able to get her first Pfizer jab the next day - yet we are only 40klms from the city with the longer waiting time ! Covid-delta is out of control here now and we have been in lockdown for two weeks, with more to come for sure. Over a thousand new cases here in NSW yesterday and three deaths, including a lass aged only thirty. I get my second AZ jab in October & my wife gets her second Pfizer in the second week of September. Our daughter turns twelve in February & the govt here is now saying they will offer the Pfizer jab to every kid over 12, as children are catching this latest strain at an alarmingly high rate. Stay safe everyone !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willy333 said:

Let’s do the math for fun.

Assuming the best case scenario:

We hit 30 millions by September 1st, leaving 70m to go.

7x4 = 28m for AZ

30m for Pfizer should be delivered in Q4

So if the government buy another 12m Sinovac, they could reach their target.

I really hope it goes perfectly because Thai people could sure use a break.

Its possible if the Pfizer shows up in 4Q. Could be Jan 2022 and if they average 588,000 jabs every day until end of the year

3 hours ago, mrfill said:

71.8m to go in 129 days. That is 556589 per day.

A figure achieved a massive 3 times since February (Aug 11/13/19), according to covidvax. https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

FWIW, the last two days they did:

and did

609,435 on 21 Aug

651,606 on 20 Aug

https://www.tatnews.org/category/covid-19-stats/

But these are bursty, depend on adequate supplies of vaccines and upper arms.

Yes, 100 mm doses in 50 mm people "could be done" by 1/1/22

Will it? Not sure. My guess: No, due to supplies.

And the quality of the vaccine(s) means that this might represent 40 mm doses of sinovac in 20 mm people who will require another 20 mm doses of a booster vaccine.

Edited by mtls2005

Regarding comments here on the AZ vaccine and side effects- I had my first AZ jab two weeks ago. Apart from a sore arm just as I always get from any jab, all I felt was a bit tired for a couple of days. I treated that symptom in the appropriate Australian fashion, with numerous cold beers, taken therapeutically, of course. My 99 y.o. ex WW2 fighter-pilot father has had both AZ jabs and, tells me that he experienced no side effects whatsoever. He also told me that he quit drinking alcohol this year, at the suggestion of his new (Asian) GP, who told him that at his age alcohol consumption may shorten his life, but that is another subject entirely. Personally, I'd have told the doctor to ....  

5 hours ago, Willy333 said:

7x4 = 28m for AZ

Don't forget about the moderna that private sector has offered(for a price ofcourse but hey) i do think there is a bit of speed comming to the train . 

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Don't forget about the moderna that private sector has offered(for a price ofcourse but hey) i do think there is a bit of speed comming to the train . 

Do you know how many Moderna is supposed to deliver this year?

My impression is that the estimates for Moderna have been all over the place.

8 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

Do you know how many Moderna is supposed to deliver this year?

My impression is that the estimates for Moderna have been all over the place.

I couldn't say , sorry . I just know(not even sure about that) that some are supposed to come Q4 this year and i geuss they didn't expect so many people ordering them so they had to say that probably for many it will be Q1 of next year .

6 hours ago, Willy333 said:

7x4 = 28m for AZ

Yes, and the published details yesterday in the UK stating that "some" vaccines' effectiveness dissipate after 6 months!

Scarey, eh?  We'll have to have booster jabs to booster jabs -- hope the Government are preparing for this?

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Astra seems fine.

I wouldn't want the mix and match for my family though.

just to say that for once I'm totally satisfied by the way I've been treated reference C19.. in fact yesterday i was contacted by a government office  won't say which one they asked if i would like to go now as in right away to get a Pfizer shot ..no charge no hassle only problem id already had a AZ shot so not possible wouldn't mix should have waited..eh anyway get my second Shot AZ next month  

5 hours ago, Xonax said:

I am afraid, that they may have underestimated, how many people will refuse to receive Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccine, when they know that other people are able to get Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

Agree, just finished 2 days of vax in my village.

Day 1 (smaller neighbouring village) 500 SV allocated : 250 turned up.

Day 2 (my village ) 1000 allocated plus the leftover 250: 400 turned up.

Day 3 hastilly organised as a walk in at local clinic.

2nd jab is AZ. I took this option as was so tired of trying all the other routes without success.

So thats 650 closer to 100 million.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Malaysia have increased their shots per day recently as more vaccines were secured. They were struggling with low shots of 100 k in the early stages. For example, 420,164 doses were administered on Aug 24 and 398,578 doses a day before. Thailand need to pick up on the vaccination numbers per day and vaccine supply will be the determinant factor.   

My staffs in Malaysia were inoculated in July after registering in March.....At least they have improved. Thailand is still way behind. 

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I think you mean moderna , pfizer is already here . 

Talking about the 30 million they ordered with delivery at end of year. What they have now is the 2,5 million donated doses from USA. Also I think your right about Moderna . Probably Jan 2022 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

they need to drop the whole sandbox sham and admit it was a failure, subjecting foreigners to all of their money grabbing pointless red tape and controls is not going to work, get their own house in order and allow fully vaccinated tourists to enter the country unhindered, open business up that have fully vaccinated staff and get on with it

The Thai government are making foreigners that are fully vaccinated and have a negative test quarantine for 14 days. This is proof this ASQ nonsense is  nothing but a money scam for the government and the hotels 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

21.2 million first doses, 6.4 million second doses and 560,624 third-booster shots. 

So more than half a million have 3 jabs which could have gone to those still waiting on their first? Who got these jabs? Can't all be medics etc who got 2 Covid.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, the last two days they did:

and did

609,435 on 21 Aug

651,606 on 20 Aug

https://www.tatnews.org/category/covid-19-stats/

But these are bursty, depend on adequate supplies of vaccines and upper arms.

Yes, 100 mm doses in 50 mm people "could be done" by 1/1/22

Will it? Not sure. My guess: No, due to supplies.

And the quality of the vaccine(s) means that this might represent 40 mm doses of sinovac in 20 mm people who will require another 20 mm doses of a booster vaccine.

And you are using the Tourist Authority of Thailand as a source. That well known paragon of accurate reporting and estimation. Or, as some might say, a party more interested in creating illusions than the truth.

• Sad 1