Locals hit out at Miami inspired beautification of Pattaya

webfact

Most of the existing palm trees on the beach appear to be coconut palms, which means danger from falling coconuts or work required to remove them before they become a danger. I was told that more people die from coconuts falling on their heads than from shark attack. Maybe replace the trees with sharks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dionigi said:

Most of the existing palm trees on the beach appear to be coconut palms, which means danger from falling coconuts or work required to remove them before they become a danger. I was told that more people die from coconuts falling on their heads than from shark attack. Maybe replace the trees with sharks.

Coconut trees have coconuts............Palm Trees do not have coconuts, they have Palm fruit................Its really not complicated....

image.jpeg.5c454e97b6b50e86b80a01d90c9dc50f.jpeg

image.jpeg.7bd40f6a01cec7414004e535ccb197a1.jpeg

Edited by redwood1

40 minutes ago, huangnon said:

The plan seem to be make every major city in every part of the world totally identical.? Rip out the charm and culture and replace with McD's, Starbucks, glass and chrome shopping malls, etc.  ????

I think these planners get their ideas from the magazines you find in Dentists waiting rooms?

I agree 100%....

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

In Thailand many new expensive projects are launched, with the main goal to line the pockets of the involved politicians.

Exactly, and maybe road resurfacing and replacing the drains has been done to death so had to come up with new "schemes". Will the next be an automatic watering system and directional drilling to lay the pipes?    

1 hour ago, smedly said:

the only infrastructure in Pattaya that is world class are the foreign built and owned hotels and grounds.  The city itself maintained by local authority is an utter disgrace - nepostism greed and corruptions sees to that in a never ending catalog of budgets and failures going back decades

Yes, the place is a ghetto, I’ve seen cleaner and much better in Rio. A shanty Town that is a shame to Thailand, I’ll never forget walking on 2nd road towards the temple from Central, and seeing the rats running round in those cheap clothes and souvenir shops. The drains, the pavements (!!) the buildings, all needs knocking down and rebuilt , new road planning with no parking whatsoever , widen the pavements making it impossible except for a few bus stops. First things first, leave the beach alone, a clean up is all that’s needed and maintenance. Anyone who says they shouldn’t change Pattaya need their head read !

• Sad 1

Maybe i am one of the few , but i think it looks nice(if it will look like that in any way when finished) . People go to the beach to sit in the sun and the vendors with their umbrellas have busines renting them out . People that think it's to hot will go to the shopping malls or other shops allong beachroad so also generating business . But that's just my opinion . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe i am one of the few , but i think it looks nice(if it will look like that in any way when finished) . People go to the beach to sit in the sun and the vendors with their umbrellas have busines renting them out . People that think it's to hot will go to the shopping malls or other shops allong beachroad so also generating business . But that's just my opinion . 

And I'll go to Spain. 

• Like 1

And when you leave the beach turn right come out of the water, turn left, turn right it is still a <deleted>hole, when it rains the place will still be flooded and all the trash will end up in their Miami the idea becomes a black hole so the officials can continue over and over to fix it up and skim off the top from these projects.  First let's not take such a big project let's start small like maybe fixing a pothole in the road one time that would be really nice!????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

It will all look nice and neat and tidy for the air-conditioned coach loads of Chinese tourists driving past on Beach Road, while the farangs and Thais wanting to enjoy a shady spot by the sea for an hour will simply have to roast in the sun, or grease the palms of the deck chair mafia. But as long as the Chinese tourists are happy, that's all the mayor cares about, the Pattaya City vaccination programme (as opposed to the national one) shows that he's completely unaware that there are such creatures as farangs actually living in his city.

On your last point, the mayor is as aware that farangs live in his city as he is soi dogs live there.

• Sad 2