Thai PM issues warning about counterfeit banknotes

webfact

10pmSUN.jpg

Picture: INN

PM's office spokesman Thanakorn Wanbungkhongchana said yesterday that Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha had issued a warning about a serious threat from counterfiet banknotes circulating from Surat Thani and thereafter in the south of Thailand. 

The PM said that people should be careful in the money they accept, reported INN.

Severe penalties exist on the staute books for offences relating to the forgery of currency including life imprisonment under Article 240. 

Other statutes allow for prison terms of up to 20 years and fines from 20,000 to 40,000 up. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Something I only learned about recently   is that all colour Lazer printers and copiers print a "secret"

set of specific dots that can match the print directly to the printer.

https://www.eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots

Good to know. You cannot trust anybody anymore... 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, johng said:

Something I only learned about recently   is that all colour Lazer printers and copiers print a "secret"

set of specific dots that can match the print directly to the printer.

https://www.eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots

Good luck to them... every time I use mine one of the ink cartridges has dried up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Talk about a "warning" that is completely devoid of details.
The obvious question would be - "What notes are being counterfeited and what are the signs that the notes are not real."

Instead - a message that has no substance other than being in the category of "another another scary government issued message."

Please, don't do Logic, we don't do that here.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, johng said:

They are quite easy to spot as they often still don their old attire.

Seems they can't afford new clothes, more important things to spend their money on, amulets, watches etc. 

Does the illustrious PM have nothing better to do than to warm of fake banknotes?f

does he not have people working for him that deal with the day to day, always happening nitty gritty stuff? Counterfeiting is ever ongoing. Crime is ever on going.

PM...be the bloody PM and stop grandstanding. It is not necessary for you to be involved in every bloody little thing that's going on.I

How about a comment on the corrupt Joe Ferrari? Red Bull Boss? Good grief man.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:30 PM, webfact said:

The PM said that people should be careful in the money they accept, reported INN.

People should be careful with anything they buy... most stuff is fake

he only seems concerned when it comes to cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Does the illustrious PM have nothing better to do than to warm of fake banknotes?f

does he not have people working for him that deal with the day to day, always happening nitty gritty stuff? Counterfeiting is ever ongoing. Crime is ever on going.

PM...be the bloody PM and stop grandstanding. It is not necessary for you to be involved in every bloody little thing that's going on.I

How about a comment on the corrupt Joe Ferrari? Red Bull Boss? Good grief man.

Fake money like fake news is more to his limited mentality, the real stuff is just too complicated. 

Fake news, fake romance, fake bum detectors I'm sure some will use these for special surfaces, sorry  services .

Will this mean they check my 20 baht 3 extra times at the ?

Luckily my late model LTD wife got a Ferrari for her birthday , she was a little surprised at the size of the box for the 1:12 scale model.I promised her the insurance , tyres and maintenance would be cheaper.

download.jpg.a1495925dca00c338764410294c9c2cc.jpg

Edited by RubbaJohnny
fix pix