What Cryptos are gonna explode?

Maybe some one will come up with a new one and make all of the existing ones obsolete?

It is that easy i think,not for me of course but for people with know how and with a certain

starting capital .

I see it as turning a pile of scrap iron into gold.

Your turn,

My money is on Monero being a star performer.

"According to our forecasts, the Monero (XMR) is likely to trade bullishly, and it’s price is expected to surge sharply, like its peer cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and Ethereum. Currently, the price of the Monero is $ 193.42, but by the end of 2021, the Monero price is expected to soar to the $ 460 level."

https://www.fxleaders.com/forecasts/crypto/monero-price-forecast/

• Like 2

The one's you can't buy because you don't have an account in either Thailand or your home country due to the KYC requirement even though you have a ton of ID.  Those will be the one's that explode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

The one's you can't buy because you don't have an account in either Thailand or your home country due to the KYC requirement even though you have a ton of ID.  Those will be the one's that explode.

KYC and AML can be a major pain the behind, however I have not been able to get it. Even for exchanges like Coinbase and Gemini. It may take a few days and require a few glasses of Scotch to calm those nerves but I always get there in the end.

As for Thai exchanges; terrible exchanges rates, virtually non-existing liquidity for anything beyond BTC and ETH, dubious teams/companies, zero regulation, etc. Best to be avoided.

3 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

KYC and AML can be a major pain the behind, however I have not been able to get it. Even for exchanges like Coinbase and Gemini. It may take a few days and require a few glasses of Scotch to calm those nerves but I always get there in the end.

As for Thai exchanges; terrible exchanges rates, virtually non-existing liquidity for anything beyond BTC and ETH, dubious teams/companies, zero regulation, etc. Best to be avoided.

Even Bitkub?

RAZZ

19 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Even Bitkub?

RAZZ

The prices on Thai exchanges are usually higher than market rate.  Compare the BTC price from Bitkub vs. Binance, Coinbase, etc. after currency exchange there's like a thousand dollar difference.

Edited by moldresistant
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fdsa said:

the privacy coins will never be legalized, so they will never be mass-adopted, so they will never "gonna explode".

> Monero price is expected to soar to the $ 460 level.

- yes, I believe it could be so, but it is just a 2x profit, definitely not a "gonna explode" profit.

Actually all cryptocurrencies are legal to use in most places, you just mean it does not have special legal status as a commodity or money I suppose? It probably won't get it, but then Bitcoin does not have money or currency status in most countries. Doesn't stop either of them from having market capitalization in the billions.

The 400 USD level is just one conservative estimate for the end of this year. However, by 2026 the forecast is 1900 USD. A 1000% increase looks pretty good.

Of course we'll have to see if it comes to pass. Some predict more, others less, but who knows the future really.

Monero.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

Actually all cryptocurrencies are legal to use in most places, you just mean it does not have special legal status as a commodity or money I suppose? It probably won't get it, but then Bitcoin does not have money or currency status in most countries. Doesn't stop either of them from having market capitalization in the billions.

I mean privacy coins will not have the same level of AML/KYC/WṪF compliance as Bitcoin and friends do.

Bitcoin is (or will be) legal in most countries simply because its blockchain is fully transparent, allowing companies such as https://www.chainalysis.com/ track all payments and instruct cryptocurrency exchanges which addresses to block (reject deposits and withdrawals) in case of fraud.

Monero and friends, on the contrary, do not allow to track all payments so it's impossible to block some particular address on Monero blockchain, which leaves privacy coins on criminals' side and effectively disallows such coins to be listed on the compliant cryptocurrency exchanges.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

I mean privacy coins will not have the same level of AML/KYC/WṪF compliance as Bitcoin and friends do.

Bitcoin is (or will be) legal in most countries simply because its blockchain is fully transparent, allowing companies such as https://www.chainalysis.com/ track all payments and instruct cryptocurrency exchanges which addresses to block (reject deposits and withdrawals) in case of fraud.

Monero and friends, on the contrary, do not allow to track all payments so it's impossible to block some particular address on Monero blockchain, which leaves privacy coins on criminals' side and effectively disallows such coins to be listed on the compliant cryptocurrency exchanges.

I think you'll find that Monero is listed on several cryptocurrency exchanges, including Kraken, a US based cryptocurrency exchange, which being US based has to be compliant with US AML/KYC requirements. It's also listed on Litebit, from the Netherlands, so compliant with EU AML/KYC requirements. It's also listed on Bittrex, also located in the US, and therefore compliant with US AML/KYC requirements. And quite a few others.

There is actually no difference in the legality status of Bitcoin and Monero in the US for instance. Bitcoin and Monero are both designated as commodities by the CFTC and Treasury in the US, they are both designated as virtual currencies, but neither has legal status as money or currency. Both are legal to use in the US, and transactions for both require the same KYC and AML by the exchanges. Both are listed on exchanges in the US.

However, Monero has some advantages over Bitcoin:

"Bitcoin has a problem: it's not fungible. One Bitcoin does not equal another Bitcoin. If you receive Bitcoin that's previously been sent through a mixer, or that's been somehow associated with illicit activity, it can make it look like you're associated with the shady transactions.

That's the case even if you purchase Bitcoin legitimately and with zero knowledge of its past use."

https://www.coinfi.com/how-to-buy-cryptocurrency/monero-xmr

1 hour ago, Tanomazu said:

I think you'll find that Monero is listed on several cryptocurrency exchanges, including Kraken, a US based cryptocurrency exchange, which being US based has to be compliant with US AML/KYC requirements. It's also listed on Litebit, from the Netherlands, so compliant with EU AML/KYC requirements. It's also listed on Bittrex, also located in the US, and therefore compliant with US AML/KYC requirements. And quite a few others.

There is actually no difference in the legality status of Bitcoin and Monero in the US for instance. Bitcoin and Monero are both designated as commodities by the CFTC and Treasury in the US, they are both designated as virtual currencies, but neither has legal status as money or currency. Both are legal to use in the US, and transactions for both require the same KYC and AML by the exchanges. Both are listed on exchanges in the US.

However, Monero has some advantages over Bitcoin:

"Bitcoin has a problem: it's not fungible. One Bitcoin does not equal another Bitcoin. If you receive Bitcoin that's previously been sent through a mixer, or that's been somehow associated with illicit activity, it can make it look like you're associated with the shady transactions.

That's the case even if you purchase Bitcoin legitimately and with zero knowledge of its past use."

https://www.coinfi.com/how-to-buy-cryptocurrency/monero-xmr

You might want to inform the US government that they have approx 1 billion dollars in Bitcoin, and the fact they have auctioned off hundreds of thousands of Bitcoin to companies and users across America, that they have been selling unfungible Bitcoins!

Monero is not the answer to any investment thoughts.

Maybe sol, aave, avax could be worth a punt but I'll stick to Bitcoin, its the only coin with a limited supply and not susceptible to changes by the owner.

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

You might want to inform the US government that they have approx 1 billion dollars in Bitcoin, and the fact they have auctioned off hundreds of thousands of Bitcoin to companies and users across America, that they have been selling unfungible Bitcoins!

Monero is not the answer to any investment thoughts.

Maybe sol, aave, avax could be worth a punt but I'll stick to Bitcoin, its the only coin with a limited supply and not susceptible to changes by the owner.

I think you'll find Bitcoin is not the only coin with limited supply:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/802775/worldwide-cryptocurrency-maximum-supply/

• Like 2

I hold a stack Cardano so I hope them. I know overpriced but for this bull run I am hoping at little higher at around $6aud ($4.39usd) and I will sell some to keep me going until next bull run in 4 years.

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, mjnaus said:

With the combination of EIP1559 and the Eth2.0/PoS merge early next year, ETH is looking like a winner. Also liking the bluechip DeFi tokens from platforms like Aave, Curve, Uniswap, Yearn etc. as these seem to have taken a backseat with all the NFT mania happening right now. With more Ethereum L2's coming to life, these tokens are looking promising at the moment. 

Also liking LINK, as this seems to be turning into the dominant oracle solution.

I got rid of LINK and UNI. They have done x10 for me.

I swapped for SOL and MATIC. 

NFTs are not going to last, too late to the party. 

Just now, Bigz said:

With the football season starting soon I expect some serious pump and dump actions (300%+) in the coming months for fan tokens like juv, psg, atm, bar, gal and a few more.

I saw EGLD sponsoring English football now.