TCL TVs

dddave

I've had several TCL TV's and have liked them, never having any problems.  I'm thinking of upgrading to a 65" or larger sometime soon.

Does anybody know if any of the TCL models sold locally correspond in most specs to their current "6" Series models sold in the US?  TCL model numbers sold here always differ from the US model numbers.   

The "6" series has had a lot of reviews calling it the best bang for the buck TV currently on the market however finding feature to feature comparisons between US & Asian models is difficult. 

BTW, have other's noticed how the weaker baht is really showing in TV prices?  They seem to be up 10% to 15% from a year ago.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You got a model number in mind ?(more info the better)

They 65" seem to range from 16k - 37k depending on model number.

Whatever model number corresponds the most closely to the US "6" series.  

Just now, dddave said:

Whatever model number corresponds the most closely to the US "6" series.  

It is confusing figuring out which TCL tv sold here matches the specs of the highly rated ones on consumer reports etc.  I bought a 50 inch 6 series and am very happy with it.   However it is in my bedroom and has a constant glow on the screen when plugged in.  Annoying and a common problem on some models I discovered.  All in all happy though.

9 minutes ago, ricklev said:

It is confusing figuring out which TCL tv sold here matches the specs of the highly rated ones on consumer reports etc.  I bought a 50 inch 6 series and am very happy with it.   However it is in my bedroom and has a constant glow on the screen when plugged in.  Annoying and a common problem on some models I discovered.  All in all happy though.

Strange thing. Did you try to turn around the plug?