COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,972 new coronavirus cases and 17,281 recoveries

webfact

A DDC executive replied to me this morning to expedite vaccination for Expatvac registrants in Chiang Mai, Phuket, Prachuab/Huahin, and Samui. For issues w/ registration, I’m asking a Consular Dept colleague to help further.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1432175050329784321

30 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Sisaket reported numbers going down as reported to 29/8/21

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1431882602219139079/photo/3

image.png.1e79c5a82ce20f7b5d79d16243771b8c.png

Soon to be at zero the way they are dropping rapidly versus the 2 month rise, it looks like it will be gone completely by the second week of September....Amazing.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, shelter-in-place works, no doubt about that.

Now let's test for a 4th wave. Open everything up, and hope for the best. Thong Lor here we come.

Hi-So's already out and getting ready to party.  Saw a group at the local hooch seller buying cases of the Black Label , Gold label, and Blue label Johnny Walker, as well as all of the mixers.  Must be getting ready for a party on Wednesday night....loaded it all into the hatch of a G-Class 550 Mercedes with a new Red Plate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think one of things that has been observed about Delta is that it tends to sort of tear through a population and then begins to slow.  It simply can't really spread at the rate that it does without decimating a population.   

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hi-So's already out and getting ready to party.  Saw a group at the local hooch seller buying cases of the Black Label , Gold label, and Blue label Johnny Walker, as well as all of the mixers.  Must be getting ready for a party on Wednesday night....loaded it all into the hatch of a G-Class 550 Mercedes with a new Red Plate.  

Yes.  Plenty of restaurant/bars have already quietly reopened around Sukhumvit soi 8  - not for Thai hi-so's though!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Photo please or it never happened!????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

In Sydney they have a very hard lockdown that is enforced on the streets and door to door by the Police and Army and yet the case numbers are still rising.

In Thailand with practically no lockdown for all intents and purposes and far less favourable living conditions the numbers are miraculously dropping!

NSW (about same size as Thailand) conducted 157,000 tests in a population of 8,000,000. Thailand conducted 49,000 tests in a population of 70,000,000.

Do you think Thailand’s numbers may be dropping because they are not doing anywhere near enough testing? Or is it because they shower twice a day, wat chilli and wai instead of shake hands?

On top of that the Vaccination rate in NSW is three times higher than in Thailand.

Shame on you if you believe this propaganda from a government desperate to save face.

Sorry Mate, but you as well as a few others, should turn off the automatic wombat square dung machine.

Go to Covid by country and look up countries like Indonesia, India, Malaysia, which are all a few weeks ahead of LOS with regards to Delta. You'll see there that we are now following exactly the same trends. Incidentally, and you may look up my posts of 4 or 5 weeks ago, I said this was bound to happen.

An Indian Covid antibody survey (IMHO based on a somewhat small sample < 30000) showed that with Delta some 70% of the population had been exposed to Covid, hence the sharp drop in infections. Delta with an R-Nought of 6-7 Is simply going through entire populations like wildfire and building some herd immunity much more effectively that the sluggish vaccination campaigns. Obviously none of the officials will let us know that as they, quite rightly, want us to get vaccinated and not to panic. 

I invite you also to compare the French Delta, (or UK)  graph segment with the Indian one. You'll see how flattened the graphs are, how the "wildfire" gets contained by effective vaccination campaigns and control policies. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Sorry Mate, but you as well as a few others, should turn off the automatic wombat square dung machine.

Go to Covid by country and look up countries like Indonesia, India, Malaysia, which are all a few weeks ahead of LOS with regards to Delta. You'll see there that we are now following exactly the same trends. Incidentally, and you may look up my posts of 4 or 5 weeks ago, I said this was bound to happen.

An Indian Covid antibody survey (IMHO based on a somewhat small sample < 30000) showed that with Delta some 70% of the population had been exposed to Covid, hence the sharp drop in infections. Delta with an R-Nought of 6-7 Is simply going through entire populations like wildfire and building some herd immunity much more effectively that the sluggish vaccination campaigns. Obviously none of the officials will let us know that as they, quite rightly, want us to get vaccinated and not to panic. 

I invite you also to compare the French Delta, (or UK)  graph segment with the Indian one. You'll see how flattened the graphs are, how the "wildfire" gets contained by effective vaccination campaigns and control policies. 

However, we have no true effective vaccination campaign here as if yet with only 10% jabbed and many only a single dose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Really not sure which charts you are looking at?? Everything you are saying does not match with the graphs I am seeing.

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia saw a decline in new Covid-19 cases and related deaths for the fourth consecutive day on Sunday, collated data showed. #COVID19 #Asean #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40005448

Asean sees declining trend in new Covid cases and deaths

Again, I realize Vietnam figures seem to be bunched. Few days of 2k +cases then today's chart almost 13,000 along with 344 deaths. Closing in on Thailand numbers. 

Health officials on Sunday (Aug 29) reported 396 new COVID-19 cases, 226 of which were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 31 cases were found in Pranburi, 2 cases in Sam Roi Yot, No- cases in Kuiburi, 1 case in Thap Sakae, 9 cases in Bang Saphan, 1 case in Bang Saphan Noi, and 126 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Aug 29: Prachuap reports 396 new COVID-19 cases, 226 in Hua Hin - Hua Hin / Cha-Am News - ASEAN NOW formerly Thai Visa Forum

As I stated yesterday yet NBT World showed 272!! Discrepancy in figure reporting to suit the opening up on 1st September??

• Thanks 1

2nd Generation Vaccines for COVID Mutations

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The Public Health Ministry plans to acquire second-generation vaccines in the first quarter of next year to cope with COVID-19 mutations.

Announcing the COVID-19 vaccine procurement plan, Dr. Supakit Sirilak, director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences, said that the government’s COVID-19 vaccine acquisition committee agreed that the country would no longer order first-generation vaccines but would try to buy the new vaccines that could cope with viral mutations.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-769052

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 747 new cases today and 5 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (185), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (90), and Si Racha (230). There are 16,366 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432135697389948930

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/chonburi-reports-747-new-covid-19-cases-with-5-deaths-another-drop/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

In Sydney they have a very hard lockdown that is enforced on the streets and door to door by the Police and Army and yet the case numbers are still rising.

I rant often about Thailand, but what happens in Australia baffles me.

Army on the street, brutal lockdowns, and not for tens of thousands of cases.

Since when has Australa become such a <deleted>ty country?

PS.New Zealand : hold my beer.

• Like 1