Dine-in customers to help restaurants recover 50 percent of income

snoop1130

fdfe2ce15f4c30ea617f69e299e5bf8c_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Thai Restaurant Association has informed the government’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) that the reopening of restaurants to dine-in customers will help restaurateurs recover about 50 percent of normal income. The association has also asked the government to provide COVID-19 vaccines to Thai and migrant workers in the restaurant business, as soon as possible.

President of the Thai Restaurant Association, Thaniwan Koonmongkon, said today that the CCSA’s resolution to relax disease-control measures, particularly the granting of permission for restaurants to reopen their businesses to dine-in customers while following all precautionary measures, is beyond expectations, with 75 percent capacity allowed for outdoor dining spaces. The decision will improve the overall situation, leading to an increase in sales volume. However, it also depends on how well restaurateurs manage their customer base.

After the reopening becomes effective, the sales volume of restaurants should increase from 20 percent to at least 50 percent, helping businesses to survive. Food businesses in Thailand are valued at 1.4 billion baht a day. Once the sales volume reaches 50 percent, or about 700 million baht a day, restaurants will be injecting 21 billion baht into the economy a month.

Mrs. Thaniwan added that the government should provide COVID-19 vaccines to Thai and migrant workers in the restaurant business. Although the Ministry of Public Health has allowed the general public to register for COVID-19 vaccination equally, many migrant workers and some Thai workers in different sectors are not able to access the registration process due to various factors. Only 200,000 workers in the restaurant business are insured under Section 33 of the Social Security Act, while many other workers are not registered. Therefore, the Thai Restaurants Association has encouraged restaurant workers to register for vaccinations; the information will be submitted to the Ministry of Public Health, so as to allocate more doses of vaccine to meet the demand.

nnt.jpg

So 50% of the original revenue means that most businesses will still be operating in the red.  The only winners are the banks extending debt to keep these failing businesses operating.   The rich understand how it works.  That how they make their money.  Bleeding the commoner class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thats what it is sounding like at this point.  Sounds like the info graphic with the green card, yellow card and ATK testing for employee's was purely not thought out.  New info can be found here.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/no-enforcement-of-vaccinations-and-covid-19-negative-tests-required-for-businesses-reopening-on-september-for-now-authorities-confirm/

Regular testing forever.  Cui bono?  Big pharma.  Everyone else?  The commoners?  Naught but units of debits and credits to be controlled and harvested. 
2022 will be bring Dystopia Thailand.  "Come get some!"

Won't dine in until the curfew limit dinner time, 

Can't walk in 7:30pm or so, bcos 8pm all closing...

Lunch is the only option for now...

All feels just a desperate government attempt to excuse from financial aid to business that actually the government bad policy responsible pushing under the train by large...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tingtong said:

Won't dine in until the curfew limit dinner time, 

Can't walk in 7:30pm or so, bcos 8pm all closing...

Lunch is the only option for now...

All feels just a desperate government attempt to excuse from financial aid to business that actually the government bad policy responsible pushing under the train by large...

I'm sure they'll expand opening times.

I think there just going to put all caution to the wind and open up. Albeit with the 50% beginning and gradual increased in numbers. 

It's going to be interesting to see how this ends up.

Many people aren't keen to take a chance and get COVID-19 for an overpriced meal.  Especially with the dismal vaccine numbers.

"Thailand eases curbs on retail and restaurants to spur economy"

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-ease-covid-19-retail-restaurant-curbs-2021-08-27/

The article in coconuts yesterday by a farang restaurant owner in Bkk describes how this will not help at all. Lack of drink allowed with meal , the closing time is basically just after time people arrive to sit and eat , staff tests , vaccination cards etc .

Its nothing more than false help to look like they are doing something , all the while giving no assistance as these owners still get bled dry for rents !

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Restaurant Association has informed the government’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) that the reopening of restaurants to dine-in customers will help restaurateurs recover about 50 percent of normal income. The association has also asked the government to provide COVID-19 vaccines to Thai and migrant workers in the restaurant business, as soon as possible

So it's open first vaccine later, great Thai strategy.

What could possibly go wrong.

• Like 1

Vaccinate the old, those who are especially vulnerable.....and keep teens till these vaccines have had AT LEAST a year of observation....Open up the economy again, start taking those early treatments seriously. This virus is NOT going away. If Thailand keeps closed for another 6 months, god help it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

President of the Thai Restaurant Association, Thaniwan Koonmongkon. As usual 80% of forum members lack skills in reading comprehension.

as usual, many of the forum readers lack  skills in recognizing a joke.

since I know you dont read very fast, I typed this slowly.

the last couple of days just re-enforces what most on here already know

the people running this country have absolutely no clue, and normally this wouldn't bother me too much but in this instance it directly affects us all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yep, no wine, no dine. My wife is a great cook; we dine at home AC with a nice garden view. 

Probably clean bathrooms as well.

Hate going to some restaurants and notice no soap.

Makes me cringe.

with seating restrictions, time restrictions, and no alcohol it would be closer to 20%-30% of the normal income. Restaurants in tourist destinations have no chance of survival as long as tourist are not back. We are just beating a dead horse again and again.

• Like 1

People keep talking about alcohol restrictions but are we 100% sure they're still going to be in place.

Previously when any reopenings have been announced they've 6very sure to emphasize the fact that alcohol sales will still be prohibited. But so far, in everything that's come out in the last couple of days, I've yet to see it mentioned.

It may be that I've missed it somewhere and I'm sure that, if I have, some kind forum members will be happy to point it out. But if it's not been mentioned, then perhaps they are permitting it without wanting to explicitly state it. Or something?

I think that the dine in restaurants that the Thais go to will do okay. After all there is a ton of people

who do not like to cook, and they are the younger crowd, so I can see success for those restaurants.

The restaurants that only get foreign tourists would be wise to wait until High Season to open up.

If there are expats who do not like the Thai favorite restaurants, well stay home and enjoy your own cooking.

I hate cooking and would be one of the people sitting at a Thai restaurant in a flash, as long as I felt 

safe enough with social distancing.  I have a few Thai relatives who have restaurants and will be going to support them.

At least here in Bangkok there are some places open as well as a bit of shopping places to go to as well.

Thankfully I have my relatives to take me around to these places. I am a fortunate one. Plus lots of my

relatives cook very well so I am spoiled whether I stay at one of their places until I feel that my welcome is

wearing out and I move to another relative for a week or so.

Geezer