Careful when raining. You can catch covid

kwak250

10 minutes ago, tonray said:

That's not unusual in any culture. I recall grandmother and mom telling me to wear a coat or I'll catch a death of a cold. There is some basis for their caution however, in that damp, cold weather has been shown to weaken your immune system and also that in inclement weather people tend to congregate indoors more, which is why we have a flu and cold season typically in the winter months.

Yes that makes sense in a cold country to put a coat on i think you missed the point they ran back in from getting caught in a downpour and then all had covid directly from the rain .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Yes that makes sense in a cold country to put a coat on i think you missed the point they ran back in from getting caught in a downpour and then all had covid directly from the rain .

I do know in Thailand that if you stand next to a street drain in the rain...you're far more likely to be overrun by those big nasty roaches as they try to save themselves from drowning...far more creepy than Covid rain.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I have heard some absolute crackers here in Thailand but this one is about the best.

My latest is the Thai family is looking more at me these days as I have had my first jab, none of them will get the injection because they think they might die from the covid injection.???? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I told my wife i heard not to touch anything green as that can be very dangerous which didn't go down well. 

That alone would put me in the doghouse for a month.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, tonray said:

That's not unusual in any culture. I recall grandmother and mom telling me to wear a coat or I'll catch a death of a cold. There is some basis for their caution however, in that damp, cold weather has been shown to weaken your immune system and also that in inclement weather people tend to congregate indoors more, which is why we have a flu and cold season typically in the winter months.

Interesting topic.

Latest I read was that with cooler air in the winter months water droplets are fewer, but much larger. The increased surface area aids the ability of airborne viruses to survive longer and hence transmit more readily.

• Like 1

Scoff at the very common belief in many Asian countries but the anecdotal claims are actually supported in hospital statistics for respiratory illnesses in the normal monsoon season.

Last year and probably 2021 showed at dramatic decrease in influenza infections obviously due to community precautions over Covid-19.  Over the last 12 months I have not been aware of anyone in my local community that has  suffered even a common cold other than very young children hospitalized for pneumonia which is all too common in Thailand anyway.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My latest is the Thai family is looking more at me these days as I have had my first jab, none of them will get the injection because they think they might die from the covid injection.???? 

Now you are in a good position:

Ask to have sex twice a day.

Refuse to do any work around the house.

No financial help to family members.

etc

Blame the covid injection.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Tell me about it!

After 16 years (that is how stupid I am) I have learnt never to question, query or put forward any alternative view on anything.

If she points somewhere and says "Pattaya over there" (pointing in completely the wrong direction) I smile and say yes. 

Yep , I got just yesterday ' When you go out if it looks like rain bring the washing in '.  It didn't look like rain so I went out on the Forza , just as I got back 1k from the house it rained .  My fault for not bringing the washing in when the sun was shining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Tell me about it!

After 16 years (that is how stupid I am) I have learnt never to question, query or put forward any alternative view on anything.

If she points somewhere and says "Pattaya over there" (pointing in completely the wrong direction) I smile and say yes. 

I feel your pain 18 years for me and i have just started opting for the easier life .

Bet your wife won't get her haircut on a Wednesday !

Try and buy her shoes she wont let you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

Yep , I got just yesterday ' When you go out if it looks like rain bring the washing in '.  It didn't look like rain so I went out on the Forza , just as I got back 1k from the house it rained .  My fault for not bringing the washing in when the sun was shining.

Rookie mistake.

Bright blue sky, not a cloud to be seen......"Looks like rain coming"

Not a chance. Incorrect

Yes it does, doesn't it dear. Correct.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I feel your pain 18 years for me and i have just started opting for the easier life .

Bet your wife won't get her haircut on a Wednesday !

Try and buy her shoes she wont let you.

My single biggest error, and it took me a long time to cotton on, was to give a friendly little laugh when she said something ludicrous, example: seagulls are birds that have sex with ducks.

That friendly little laugh cost me no sex for weeks.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

My single biggest error, and it took me a long time to cotton on, was to give a friendly little laugh when she said something ludicrous, example: seagulls are birds that have sex with ducks.

That friendly little laugh cost me no sex for weeks.

Could have been worse.

Imagine she said that seagulls have sex with dogs.

You won't catch Covid from the rain but you catch it when dining in at eateries. 

I often see eateries switch on their strong table/floor fan and if the guy who is sitting between you and the fan is infected, the virus will be blown your way even with social distancing.

That's why eateries have no common sense.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 2long said:

My wife told me to be careful and that I should now wear a shirt when walking the dogs in the willage... I guess this nasty virus could get in through my belly button or something! ????????‍♂️

I agree, you should wear a shirt when out walking your dogs.

I think my girlfriend is your wife's sister or they have the same father.

Mine comes up with exactly the same rubbish. Don't go out, it's raining. You will catch Covid.

Where do they have this from? From the news? No, they never read any news.

Must be from their line or facebook activities.

Initially I told her: You can't be so stupid, can you?

This never went down very well 555

• Haha 1

I must point out being drenched from a downpour will increase your chances of getting a cold .

Esspecially in humid countries

But i am talking about running from  the shop to the car which is hardly a soaking 

They bought some food at a restaurant .it began to rain heavily and they all ran to the car (4 people) and later were tested for covid which they all had and are convinced that the falling rain between the restaurant and car caused covid.

I am not scoffing at the asian beliefs as i agree with you being more likely to catch a cold when out in the rain .

But no chance that the small amount of rain caused them to catch covid.

I said they caught it somewhere else already but the are adamant its was that 1 minute of rainfall.

My wife wont go out now on the motorcycle if a black cloud js lurking above and told me to take an umbrella out yesterday to get the washing rack in and it wasn't even raining.

5 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I must point out being drenched from a downpour will increase your chances of getting a cold .

Esspecially in humid countries

But i am talking about running from  the shop to the car which is hardly a soaking 

They bought some food at a restaurant .it began to rain heavily and they all ran to the car (4 people) and later were tested for covid which they all had and are convinced that the falling rain between the restaurant and car caused covid.

I am not scoffing at the asian beliefs as i agree with you being more likely to catch a cold when out in the rain .

But no chance that the small amount of rain caused them to catch covid.

I said they caught it somewhere else already but the are adamant its was that 1 minute of rainfall.

My wife wont go out now on the motorcycle if a black cloud js lurking above and told me to take an umbrella out yesterday to get the washing rack in and it wasn't even raining.

Somebody should spread a rumour on a thai only forum, saying that asking a farang for money, asking for sinsod, asking to build a house will definitely get you Covid.

• Haha 1